How many fruits/veggies are you eating?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Risa's Avatar Veteran
How many servings of fruits and veggies are you getting each day? I am feeling guilty because I am definitely not having as many as I should. Did you try to eat more now that you are pregnant?

March 26th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know exactly how many servings I'm eating each day. I'm probably not always getting the recommended amount either. I was trying to eat more since I'm pregnant but I guess I stopped putting in the extra effort....now I am feeling kind of bad. I know this isn't a good remedy, but I do take my prenatal vitamin everyday. I'm probably getting enough veggies, because I eat a lot of those even when I am not pregnant. I was craving fruits earlier in my pregnancy, but not so much anymore. If anything I need to be eating more fruits. The fruits I really want aren't available here yet. I want watermelon and cherries

March 26th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Actually most of my diet right now consists of fruits and veggies..One of my fave late night snacks are carrot sticks and dip..I eat some fruit with breakfast and lunch..I try to incorporate veggies into my main dish at dinner as well as a side..Ive already had an orange..an apple and some grapes(just the staples are available at our store right now)..Ive been craving cauliflower too for some reason so Ive been eating that with french onion dip..LOL..Today for lunch I had a spinach salad with red and yellow bell peppers chicken, cauliflower and raspberry vinegarette(sp?)..I suppose its better than pickles and icecream..LOL

March 26th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I eat lots of fruit and *try* to get in some veggies every day, but it doesn't always work! I love grapes, oranges, bananas, most fruit, so that is never a problem. I remember when I was pregnant with my daughter I would drink those V-8 fruit fusions to try and get in some veggies because veggies did not sound good when I was pregnant with her.

I think taking prenatals helps give our bodies some vitamins and I don't think our babies are going to have any problems resulting from us not getting the recommended amount each day.

March 26th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not as much as I'd like, but I do my best whenever I can. My prenatal is fruit and veggie based, so I hope that helps too.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
March 26th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I eat a lot of veggies. I need to eat more fruit, but I just can't keep enough in the house. I bought me a bag of apples just for me, and my dh gave them to the kids. I got one apple, and never got to make applesauce. I was really bummed out. I am thinking about going to sams club, and buying fruit in bulk because my kids eat so much fruit.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

March 26th, 2012, 01:00 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We always have a veggie dish with dinner and I have been snacking on a lot of fruit lately. I get my fruit & veggie servings though primarily through a juice called Mona Vie so I'm getting the nutrients/antioxidants I need that way

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

March 26th, 2012, 01:09 PM
squiligi's Avatar Veteran
I've always loved fruits & veggies so I get a lot of them. I take an orange to work for my morning snack everyday. Every dinner has a veggie serving. I snack on sugar snap peas and tomatoes like you wouldn't imagine haha
March 26th, 2012, 03:56 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not nearly enough ... The texture of most vegetables gross me out since being pregnant. There are only a few i can tolerate. I usually eat a little fruit each day but still not as much as i should.

March 26th, 2012, 04:04 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm eating more fruits than vegetables. I am usually cooking for one at night, and by the time I want dinner I don't want to be bothered cooking a vegetable! I need to start cooking some microwave veggies or eating raw. I often buy a bag of salad telling myself I'm going to eat more salads, and then it goes bad. But I'm with the other ladies that feels more comforted by taking my prenatals. At least I know my babe is getting some extra nutrients that way!

March 26th, 2012, 05:26 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Now that my M/S is easing up a bit and giving me some days were I feel better, I am back up to my normal veggies intake. It's around 5-6 servings a day, mainly because I eat pretty big servings a few times a day. I'm not a huge fruit person, and especially during this pregnancy as anything sweet is unappealing, but I do try to eat a banana with peanut butter daily. So, I guess that's 6-7 total, but it's what I eat pregnant or not, so I guess I haven't up'd it at all specifically for pregnancy.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 26th, 2012, 06:10 PM
KrystalB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't eat very many (if any) veggies a day.. but for fruit, I usually get 4 a day.. not enough!

My Chart
March 26th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
not nearly enough...I try to do a big salad daily but usually its more like 2x a week. I do banana and cheerios for breakfast everyday. I need to buy more naked drinks so I can get daily intakes of fruit!

March 27th, 2012, 04:25 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My sweet tooth has left since finding out I was pregnant, but I've been eating fruit like crazy--it makes up a good part of my breakfast/lunch at work. Weekends are a different story...

As for veggies, I do need to eat more, but I have been adding lettuce, tomato, and pickles to my daily ham and cheese sandwiches, so that helps

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search