What is considered "normal" cramping?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RunningMommyTo5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2012, 11:32 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am in my 2nd trimester now and I have been getting really crampy lately. It is mostly after I am doing things, like after cooking dinner, cleaning, etc and feels like mild period cramps that wrap from my back to my lower abdomen. Nothing feels tight/hard, just crampy. I am not dehydrated bc I have been drinking a ton of fluids and lots of water. It goes away if I just rest but I am just paranoid that if my whole pregnancy goes like this I am going to spend the next 6 months on the couch with my feet propped up and be banned from traveling in June! What is considered "normal" cramping at this point? I never experienced this with DD so I'm not sure.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

March 26th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
Im doing the same thing and wondering if its normal. I went to the er and they said everything was fine and maybe its ligament pain from growth spurt around the uterus? but they did say that usually its not lower back and round the right side front. same thing though and they said everything was fine here.

Jessica Wearing Her SQUISHY BUM'S Cloth Diaper made by mommy
Facebook.com/Squishybums
March 26th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been crampy this entire pregnancy. I thought it had gotten better lately, but this last week I was cleaning and running around getting ready for company and by night-time I would be really crampy, kind of like you described.

My Ovulation Chart
March 26th, 2012, 05:19 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would think its fine unless the cramping is bad. I haven't experiened much of that so i'm not too much of a help, sorry.

March 26th, 2012, 06:35 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Yes, cramping is normal throughout pregnancy. As your uterus grows, you may experience some cramping at points, although not everyone will feel them. As long as it's not bad, painful, regular (like contractions would be, every few minutes and you can't get them to ease up by drinking water or resting), and you're not spotting, I think you're fine. Of course, if it's really worrying you, I always say it can never hurt to give your dr a call and let them ease your mind!!!
curlygirl77 likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 26th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for asking this. I was wondering the same thing. i keep getting crampy feelings and stuff as well.

~mommy of 3 angels and one handsome boy~

March 26th, 2012, 08:17 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningMommyTo3 View Post
Yes, cramping is normal throughout pregnancy. As your uterus grows, you may experience some cramping at points, although not everyone will feel them. As long as it's not bad, painful, regular (like contractions would be, every few minutes and you can't get them to ease up by drinking water or resting), and you're not spotting, I think you're fine. Of course, if it's really worrying you, I always say it can never hurt to give your dr a call and let them ease your mind!!!
This is why I think it freaks me out, because when I was in labor with DD all of my contractions felt like menstrual cramps until they broke my water. I could see the contractions on the screen but they weren't painful and I couldn't feel them starting and stopping. The nurses thought I was just weird lol. AND I have this whole placenta bleed thing, and just now I had a teeeeeeeny bit of spotting again. I don't think its anything to be scared of right now, I'm more worried that once I get further along I'm going to go into early labor or something. That is what worries me. I go back to my Dr. next week for a checkup on everything so I'm sure I can wait until then, but I just don't know what is normal and whats not, ya know? I also know that beyond just resting and hydrating myself there isn't anything else I can really do anyhow!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search