REAL LIFE "I didn't know I was pregnant"

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Super Mommy
Most of us have seen that show, and I've always wondered how in the world a woman could go 9 months without knowing she was pregnant.

Well it happened right here! To my sister's best friend. We couldn't believe it! She went in to the ER thinking it was her gallbladder or something and came out with a baby boy. She's on the heavier side, but no one noticed any changes. I think she actually lost a little weight. She's a bartender, and had stopped drinking, thank goodness, Because she was starting school. Her periods were irregular, but apparently she had taken a test and it was negative and the Doctor told her they could change because her habits had changed. I can't imagine what that would be like. She's happy though, and he's adorable. I was so shocked. I feel pregnant 24/7. If its not one thing, it's another. Crazy how different our bodies can react.
March 27th, 2012, 06:43 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is pretty neat, but I still don't know how you can mistake a kick to the bladder as something else.

Even with anterior placenta you should feel something, wouldn't you?

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 27th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
Must agree, amazing but wow. Or to the ribs for that matter, nothing feels quite like a kick.

March 27th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Super Mommy
I know! I'm feeling kicks now that startle me sometimes. But when they get really big, you can see a foot, sometimes their head making your belly all lopsided. and those braxton hicks contractions! How can they be mistaken for anything other than a baby?
March 27th, 2012, 06:59 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow.. that is a crazy story But I am glad that momma and baby are doing well!!

Ashley
Ashley
March 27th, 2012, 07:22 AM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is crazy! I'm glad mom and baby are well, but for the first few weeks, I was sick, now I'm getting bigger, and eventually, I know baby will move around making me all lop-sided. It's hard to understand how someone would not know they were pregnant.

However, I've watched that show not-pregnant, and I had to stop, because it always freaked me out, lol.

March 27th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly with my daughter..I never would have known I was pregnant had I not gotten the positive test when I went to get my depo shot after my IUD came out..LOL..and even in my last months I just looked like I'd gained a lot of weight..she wasnt a big wiggler and I have a lot of gas bubbles that actually feel like movement..I completely understand how it could happen..

March 27th, 2012, 08:36 AM
razorback_mommy's Avatar Mommy of 2 Girls
here from Aug DDC, but I know someone this happened to as well. She was on the heavy side too. But she said she thought she was having digestive problems and that her stomach was "just rolling". Which makes sense to me. If you didn't think you had any reason to suspect a baby, then you probably would just chalk it up to stomach issues/digestive problems. She never gained weight or had any other symptoms. And she thought she was going through menopause so she didnt think anything was wrong with her cycle disappearing. Sadly, she lost her baby though. He was born at home, premature, and didn't make it.
March 27th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
A few years ago in my hometown there was an article in the newspaper about a woman that happened to- and get this, it was her second child. I can see how a heavier woman, who had irregular cycles and maybe some spotting/bleeding along the way could not know. But when you've been through a pregnacy before? I don't see how you could miss all of the signs. But then again, all 3 of my pregnancies have happened after months/years of TTC, and I found out within a few days of missing my period. If I truly thought that I wasn't or could not be pregnant, everything I've felt so far with this pregnancy,I could probably write off as something else.

My Ovulation Chart
March 27th, 2012, 09:22 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
These stories always floor me! But, like someone said, if you don't know there is a baby in there and don't look pregnant at all, then you probably chalk all our symptoms out to being something else! But I agree, I remember feeling feel in my ribs and kicks that would knock the tv remote off of my belly and I can't imagine not having that!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

March 27th, 2012, 05:00 PM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always told myself I would know if I were pregnant...that I would just know if there was a baby in there. I had always been the one to test way early and keep on till I started heavy flow, lol.

With this, I just kept saying it wouldn't happen, and I really believed it. I didn't test till I was two days late, and that wasn't even a pee test! I called my doc at work and had them run a blood test which takes a few hours!

So I can see how someone wouldn't know...most of the time now I haven't felt pregnant. I haven't really puked since I have a strong stomach, so I just heave at some things, and I would probably just chalk it up to stress and gross things combined, lol.

Glad everything worked out, and how interesting to hear it happen! I have seen people that don't really show when prego, so I can totally see it happening, especially with how I feel now, not prego at all. lol

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

March 27th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
DH cousins wife had this happen to her with her first. She is bigger, had stomach issues and thought she was having a gall bladder attack. I think the baby was 5-6 lbs at birth, she gained no weight, felt nothing. She went on to have 2 more children and felt completely different with them. I question her all the time about it, it still fascinates me. I think her oldest son is around 26 now.

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
March 27th, 2012, 11:58 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that is crazy! i remember watching that show once and some woman didn't know she was pregnant until she delivered TWINS!! i can see passing off a single pregnancy as something else but i find it hard to believe you could have two babies kicking around in there and not know it!

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search