Stolen from August DDC

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Lyz
  • 2 Post By MrsTiffy
  • 1 Post By Lyz

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2012, 07:26 AM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
'Cause I lurk there sometimes.

What are some of the biggest things you miss right now? Foods, drinks, activities, regular clothes....what do you wish you could be doing that you are not?

For me, drinking the occasional glass of wine. Not that I'm a lush, but those nights when my four year old makes me crazy....a glass of White Zin sounds so yummy.

Oh, and buttoning my regular pants. Not happening anymore. Welcome to maternity pants and elastic pants until the end.

What's on your "missing it" list??

March 27th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I miss wine like crazy...I thought about going and getting non alcoholic wine

I also miss diet sodas like sprite zero, lunchmeat ham on my salads, etc. It's funny how I didn't miss any of the things I couldn't have last pregancy but man I really do this time!!!
lovemyleah likes this.

March 27th, 2012, 07:51 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am really missing ham and cheese sandwiches. not that I ate them before I was pregnant, but now that I am I want one so bad!!!!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 27th, 2012, 08:01 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm really missing my long runs right now. The longest run I'm doing right now is 10miles, but I REALLY miss my long early morning 16-20 milers. It's funny because I was so excited to have a "break" from the long runs and marathon training when I got pregnant, but now I'm really wanting a super long run and to plan a marathon. I'm already looking at next season and what marathons I could be ready for a few months after birth. For some reason, my daily 7 milers and once weekly 10 milers aren't giving me the same satisfaction....
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 27th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
wine! lol

Jessica Wearing Her SQUISHY BUM'S Cloth Diaper made by mommy
Facebook.com/Squishybums
March 27th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I really miss my energy. I feel like everything I do right now takes ten times the amount of effort.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

March 27th, 2012, 08:35 AM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyz View Post
I miss wine like crazy...I thought about going and getting non alcoholic wine

I also miss diet sodas like sprite zero, lunchmeat ham on my salads, etc. It's funny how I didn't miss any of the things I couldn't have last pregancy but man I really do this time!!!
They make non-alcoholic wine????

March 27th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Caffine and i have a whole three bottles of wine at the house that were for newyears but that was the day i found out i am pregnant lol They have been mocking me ever since.

March 27th, 2012, 08:46 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly I don't know if I really miss anything right now, I feel pretty normal! I don't miss alcohol at all. I know the one time I will miss it is when I'm on vacation in the Dominican in a couple weeks. I still fit into my regular clothes too, so I'm sure eventually I will miss that!

March 27th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyleah View Post
They make non-alcoholic wine????
yes!! I googled it on Sunday because I had a major craving. You can order it online or see if they sell it at a store near you (which they do for me...a wine store!) I'm making DH go because I have a definitely bump and would feel weird
lovemyleah likes this.

March 27th, 2012, 09:30 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I have been going out and relaxing on my patio in the afternoons lately and its SO HOT and I have been craving a pina colada (a REAL one lol) or margarita! Normally I am a big wine-o, but when I am pregnant the thought of beer or wine just makes my stomach turn. I want really icy things this pregnancy, like ice pops, slushies, etc.

I also miss my boobs being a remotely normal size. I'm normally a full C-small D, but when I get pregnant, BAM they just get massive! I know they are only going to get bigger too. I was in an F cup when I was breastfeeding Keira and I'm only 5'2"!!

I also miss sleeping through the night. I am already feeling the discomforts of sleeping and can't get comfortable since I'm normally a stomach sleeper!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

March 27th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Super Mommy
I miss my energy and with baseball season coming up, I'm thinking I am going to miss having a drink at our tailgate parties.
March 27th, 2012, 11:25 AM
nroundtr's Avatar Veteran
Here's my list:

-boobs that don't hurt
-sushi
-subs with lunch meat
-rum and coke

March 27th, 2012, 11:36 AM
luvmyabsolute's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to luvmyabsolute
Here is my what I miss list....

-Riding my horse.
-Drinking a beer in the warm weather by a night fire (nothing better when the kids have fallen asleep then having a beer or two by our fire pit)
-I am sure this summer I am going to miss going camping every weekend with my trail riding friends, which are already starting to plan the first camping trip of the season I am just going to not go so I don't have to watch everyone ride without me. makes me feel like a kid on the sidelines LOL.

Good thing about being pregnant.... I don't have to throw hay this summer!!! HECK YEAH!

*!*!*Thank you Vicki... For my Great Siggie*!*!*

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 27th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Veteran
For me, it's the Jimmy John's Italian Sub. I also miss being able to sleep comfortably @ night (and all night) - this insomnia is a killer...especially when you have to be up bright and early for work @ 5 am. What I'm loving - feeling the baby move and kick <3
March 27th, 2012, 02:58 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
I miss being able to have a drink with dinner, I'm not even a drinker really but its the whole fact of being able to if I wanted. I miss going on bike rides and riding our ATV's and yes, being able to button my jeans! I have been wearing the elastic for like almost 2 weeks now and I'm gonna be wearing them till the end! I think thats about it...

March 27th, 2012, 08:06 PM
RedRose_xo's Avatar Veteran
White wine, paracetamol for my headaches, and unlimited caffeine. I was never much of a drinker either, but this evening was really warm and I was craving a chilled glass of wine.

March 27th, 2012, 08:12 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Most of all I miss having energy. Especially with trying to get the house packed for a move and I am still so tired. Not as bad as a few weeks ago but still not "normal"

2. Kinda along with energy is being able to drink more caffeine. I haven't completely cut it but I am careful about how much I have. There have been so many days I wanted just one more cup of coffee and knew I shouldn't

3. I also miss being able to fall back asleep when one of my kids wake me up in the night. I get insomnia when pregnant and if I wake up in the night I usually have a hard time falling back asleep. It sometimes takes me 2-3 hours before I'll be able to get back to sleep which is annoying when the kids are still up bright and early the next morning. Which I guess kinda goes along with #1 & #2 because if I were getting more sleep I'd have more energy and would want less caffeine

[
March 27th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
Salmon Sushi, homemade ground bean cappuccino, and energy...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search