Something doesnt feel right!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By smashley8
  • 2 Post By smashley8

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When I first found out I was pregnant I was in shock and actually had the thought "I don't want another baby".. My daughter wasnt even 5 month old yet when I found out and I was in shock..After a while I accepted it and started looking forward to having another baby..But at 15 weeks pregnant..Ive yet to feel baby move(Ive had 3 children and definitely know that I havent felt it yet where as with my others I did by now)..Im not having any cramps or bleeding or anything like that but I just feel like somethings not right..I have actually called my docs office because lately Ive developed an insane thirst..and I get really dizzy and lethargic about an hr after I eat(which Im assuming is blood sugar related)..they can't get me in until the 10th but if I starting having pain or bleeding I need to go to L&D...They will also be doing my GTT at my next appt instead of waiting until 28 weeks like they usually do..just to be safe..Anyone else just feel not right?

March 27th, 2012, 09:58 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's not that I don't feel right, but more so that I don't feel anything, really. I have had very minimal symptoms and although I am starting to see my belly grow a little bit, it's nothing drastic and it's hard with your first baby when you are ready to start seeing growth and wearing maternity and you're still able to easily button your pants! I guess in that sense I have had heightened worry because baby just doesn't even seem like he/she is in there! I'm sure that once you have your appt you will find out everything is fine and you are just experiencing a peaceful, healthy pregnancy! It is too bad that they can't get you in before then to ease your fears a bit.
writerchick324 likes this.

March 27th, 2012, 10:28 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I know how you feel. I know I'm only 13w2 days but at this point I had already felt one of my other babies, so I keep thinking it'd ought to be any day! I've had a few friends reassure me. With my 3rd baby I felt him 2 weeks later than my 2nd, so that was a bit odd and also disconcerting. And even then, I ended up going in at 17.5 weeks because I hadn't felt movement for a day or two but had been before that and so they did an ultrasound to check things out and everything was perfectly fine. I can't help worrying. My next appointment is tomorrow, I'm so glad, because at least I'll be able to know one way or the other.
March 27th, 2012, 10:33 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) I'm sure everything is just fine! I hope you get some answers soon!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

March 27th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Super Mommy
Aww, I'm sorry. I had that feeling really strongly in the beginning but after 3 sonograms where everything looked good it has finally settled down. I hope the feeling goes away soon.
March 27th, 2012, 11:19 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am 16 weeks and 5 days and have yet to feel anything. I was really nervous right before my u/s because i was afraid something would be wrong, but when they turned on the machine there was my little apple dumpling swimming around and moving. He was totally fine...I just can't feel anything yet. Now that nasuea has passed, I really only have tiredness as a symptom. Other than that, I'd feel normal.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
March 27th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If I didn't have a doppler I would feel the same way on some days. I've felt movement, but it's not consistent and I panick when I don't feel anything for a day or two. These days I listen to the heartbeat every evening.
I really hope you can find your peace until your appointment!

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
March 27th, 2012, 05:57 PM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have only felt the baby once. Any other flutters and what not I chalk up to gas and muscle twitches since I am not positive.

I don't even really feel pregnant now, other than being tired! I have an appetite so it's almost like I am eating and just watching it all sink into my gut and stay there...ha ha

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

March 27th, 2012, 06:20 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerchick324 View Post
I have only felt the baby once. Any other flutters and what not I chalk up to gas and muscle twitches since I am not positive.

I don't even really feel pregnant now, other than being tired! I have an appetite so it's almost like I am eating and just watching it all sink into my gut and stay there...ha ha
Haha, same!!! I really haven't felt pregnant this whole time. It's so weird. It's surreal to think there is a wiggly, 3 inch baby inside me that's not affecting me much at all!

March 27th, 2012, 07:15 PM
I feel the same way and this is my 4th pregnancy but over the past few days I have been feeling a small amount of movement and not every day. I am 16 weeks. And I have downed like 5 bottles of water today alone. But had a sonagram today and the baby is perfectly fine. I think it is normal to worry as a mother, lord knows it never ends
March 27th, 2012, 09:03 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is my fourth and even with my first I was feeling consistent movement around 14 weeks, with my last two I started feeling movement at 13 weeks. I have only thought I maybe felt the baby move a couple of times and I'm 15 1/2 weeks now. I had an u/s at 13 weeks and learned that the placenta is covering some of the front which can decrease the feeling of movement. I have a doppler which really is the only thing keeping me from going crazy by not being able to feel my baby moving at this point.

[
March 27th, 2012, 09:29 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel the same. We're on vacation right now in the Keys, and I've not been feeling flutters like I was and really can't feel my uterus like I had been either. I'm worried I've done something...we have an appt apr 5th" so we'll find out then if baby is okay or what not.

March 27th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
I kind of feel the same. I am just feeling....nothing. Weird. I am 17w1d and I have maybe felt Lukas move a few times, if that. This is also my third child and it's a little depressing but hopefully soon!

Try to rest and I hope you get some answers at your appointment.
March 27th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You might not feel movement because of the placement of your placenta. It's not abnormal not to feel anything at this point, even for an experienced mommy. I hope everything goes well at your next appointment.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search