:o( We announced but no response? What would you do?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By palmetto_moon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Veteran

Hi Ladies
I hope you are all feeling well. I was hoping to get your insight on what my DH and I just experienced after we announced our pregnancy to my BIL and SIL. It is MIL bday coming up this weekend and my DH and his brother ( not very close ;o() were trying to arrange when we could have cake. DH and I thought this a good time to announce the baby news. I have been very worried about sharing the news due to needing progesterone this time. Well the party fell through and we tried to get it rescheduled for this past weekend but SIL and BIL had a party at their house open house thing. So we shared the news with the inlaws and since we were unable to do it in person with my BIL and SIL I wanted to make it more special than just on the phone. So I sent an email with a picture in it to them. I started by saying how sorry I was that we missed them that weekend and we were hoping to see them and then I told them that we wanted to give baby alice ( their second and youngest) a present. I included a pic of a baby shirt that said "I am going to be a big cousin" then I wished them love and said we hope to talk soon! This was on Sunday. I sent it to both of their emails and no response. My DH then sent a message to his brother this morning asking if he got our email. No response??? My MIL called me yesterday from their home and sent me an email later apologizing for not being more excited about the baby news that she didint know if we had told them yet and didint want to spill the beans??? I am so confused? We are not close with them and this behavior isnt completely untypical for them but I guess I just really feel hurt that neither has responded to say anything? Did I do somethign wrong? Should I have called them? I didint mean to. What do you ladies think? My Dh asked his mom if she knew anything. Sorry this is so long. Just feeling kind of bummed that they didnt respond. it almost feels like intentional. (

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa
March 27th, 2012, 10:08 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is it possible they didn't understand the meaning of the shirt? I know to most it would be completely obvious, but since you didn't come right out and say it maybe they were oblivious to the big news. Just trying to think of an excuse for their behavior! Keep us updated!

March 27th, 2012, 10:10 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow, that is pretty crumby I'm sorry

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 27th, 2012, 10:17 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that is a bummer! I always like to remind myself that you just have no idea what other people are going through. Maybe they have been trying and haven't had success yet? Or maybe they have a new email address and didn't get the email? Or maybe they are like me and just hardly ever check their email in the first place?! (sorry, I'm always trying to see the good in people)!

I hope that they come around and give you some kind of response! Maybe your MIL can find out if they know without making things awkward?

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

March 27th, 2012, 10:24 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I sent an email to my best friend 3 weeks ago (I can't call her because she's international and a bunch of garbage) and NOTHING for 3 weeks. I finally called her parents who called her for me and had her check her darn email. Perhaps they just haven't looked at it yet??
March 27th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Super Mommy
Surely they just didn't check the email. I just couldn't imagine someone being that rude.
March 27th, 2012, 11:15 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww, I'm sorry. We are excited for you here though!!!! Sometimes I have noticed that people dont' tend to notice what is written on shirts. We announecd that way once and it took a long time for anyone to actually read what the shirt said! Hopefully they aren't just being rude.
nroundtr likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
March 27th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Veteran
Hopefully they just haven't checked their email. I am awful about checking mine. I sometimes go weeks. I even missed a girlfriends baby shower because I didn't check mine for 3 weeks and finally saw it the day after the shower.
March 27th, 2012, 04:37 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I sure hope they simply haven't checked their email yet! People can also be oblivious.. We put a big brother shirt on DS to tell my family and they did NOT get it! The writing was apparently too small. I practically had to tell them anyway. Hopefully you'll get an answer soon.

March 27th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sometimes I don't check my email for weeks. Maybe they haven't seen it yet?

March 28th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Veteran
Thanks Ladies I feel much better. I bet you are right that they havent checked their emails. I will let you know how we make out.

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa
March 28th, 2012, 07:34 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Hmm I think it sucks they didn't respond. I don't know why people don't respond...

We just announced on Facebook, but before we did it there were some last minute people I wanted to tell who I had been close with growing up but don't see much anymore. Particularly my best friend from like age 6 to 20 - we now live very far apart and I rarely see her so I sent her an e-mail before the announcement letting her know, etc. Anyways she never responded to my e-mail - I was really disappointed. I went ahead and announced on FB and she didn't respond to my posting either, although her little brother did and said he was excited to be an "uncle", which I thought was so cute.

I have no idea why she never responded... there's been a couple other people I told who never responded either, but this one particularly bothered me. I mean I'm getting e-mails and phone calls from friends' parents, who I am only acquainted with, congratulating us on our news. My inlaws' friends, my parents' friends, people I don't know are saying how happy they are for me and people who I know really well don't even acknowledge.

I just don't get it.

As a side note: I agree with all the posters who said people just didn't get their announcements. At Christmas we gave my parents and SO's parents christmas cards that said congrats on becoming a grandparent and they didn't understand lol. On the other hand my FB announcement was VERY clear, had the due date and a picture of the ultrasound and said It's a Boy!

Pinterest
Flickr

Last edited by one.juniper; March 28th, 2012 at 07:46 AM.
March 28th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by one.juniper View Post
Hmm I think it sucks they didn't respond. I don't know why people don't respond...

We just announced on Facebook, but before we did it there were some last minute people I wanted to tell who I had been close with growing up but don't see much anymore. Particularly my best friend from like age 6 to 20 - we now live very far apart and I rarely see her so I sent her an e-mail before the announcement letting her know, etc. Anyways she never responded to my e-mail - I was really disappointed. I went ahead and announced on FB and she didn't respond to my posting either, although her little brother did and said he was excited to be an "uncle", which I thought was so cute.

I have no idea why she never responded... there's been a couple other people I told who never responded either, but this one particularly bothered me. I mean I'm getting e-mails and phone calls from friends' parents, who I am only acquainted with, congratulating us on our news. My inlaws' friends, my parents' friends, people I don't know are saying how happy they are for me and people who I know really well don't even acknowledge.

I just don't get it.
This happened to me!! She even texted my sister "congrats on being an auntie again" but never recognized my announcement. I blocked her ;D We've been friends for 15 years but apparently she's just a ******!

March 28th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would call just to be sure they got the e-mail. It doesn't have to be a super long call.

When I announced on FB my brother called my mom to talk to her about it, but never said anything to me either. Turns out him and his new girlfriend are having a baby too, so maybe he thought I was stealing his thunder. I didn't even know she was pregnant. She would have even known at christmas but didn't tell anyone. ANYWAY, they just better not take any baby names I like

March 28th, 2012, 03:25 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww, I'm sorry. We announced on fb earlier this week after we told our last close friends in person, and no one liked or commented for over ten hours. I was feeling hurt, but then had dh log in on his phone (I had posted from mine) and saw that none of ny recent posts were showing up for anyone except me. I reposted a different way and had tons of comments and likes in minutes. It is possible they just haven't seen it yet.

March 28th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also bet they just haven't checked their email. I would be sure to find out if that is the case before getting too upset! I have several email accounts and if it weren't for me having all of them forwarded to the same email (my main account) some of them wouldn't get checked for weeks at a time.

I really hope that is the case!! KUP

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search