Who else is staying on team green?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By palmetto_moon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel like I am the only one!

We didn't find out the gender until my son was born, and it was one of the neatest moments of my life when the doctor said, "It's a boy!" So I would really like to experience that again. BUT I must admit I'm a little more tempted this time to find out, simply b/c we already have a ton of boy stuff but no girl clothes and it would be nice to know if I need any. And as far as gender disappointment, I know I will be super excited to have either a boy or a girl and probably a little sad to not have whatever gender the baby isn't...if that makes sense. I always pictured myself with a big family with a few of each gender. I never thought I'd be having baby #2 and having to accept that this may be my last baby, but b/c of secondary fertility issues, it very well may be our last biological child (we were in the adoption process before getting pregnant, and will probably continue in the future, but who knows if it will ever work out). So if this baby is a boy, I'll have to accept that I may never have a daughter. And if it's a girl, I'll have to accept that I may never have another little boy or be able to use all of DS's cute little boy clothes again. So, I guess my point is, I'm not even totally sure which gender I'm rooting for anyway! So team green it is for us

My Ovulation Chart
March 27th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Kaema's Avatar Kris
Send a message via AIM to Kaema Send a message via MSN to Kaema
I'm right here on Team Green too! With DS I wanted to know as soon as possible, but this time around I don't have that rabid desire. This might be my last child and I would like to experience that surprise. DBF wants to know because he says it would make preparing easier, and I do agree, but I want to be surprised. I said that if he wants, we can have the tech write down the gender on a piece of paper, but I won't be a happy camper if he goes off and tells his mom or something and it ends up getting back to me ((especially since I already don't like his mom anyways)). If we have a boy, I'm pretty much set on clothes because I have almost everything of Boogie's still, but I don't have anything girlie. I am hoping for a girl so I could have one of each but will be happy with a baby regardless. This pregnancy is the total opposite of the one with DS so I'm reeeeally hoping it's a girl, lol!

Thank you GraysMama for my gorgeous siggy!
March 27th, 2012, 11:26 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am on team blue but have stayed on team green in a previous pregnancy and it was fabulous and a really awesome feeling.
I wanted to tell you that my sister experienced secondary infertility and had to do IUI to get her third baby. She thus, naturally, didn't expect to have anymore. Imagine her shock the day after Christmas when she realized that her period hadn't come for a while and took a pregnancy test which turned blarring positive right away! Beautiful surprises do happen. In her case she has PCOS and never expected to get pregnant spontaenously b/c it took so much work for her the last time. But it can totally happen!
writerchick324 likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
March 27th, 2012, 11:49 AM
nroundtr's Avatar Veteran
We are staying team green. DH has his heart set on finding out on birth day and not a second before. I know I'd never be able to keep quiet if I knew and he didn't, so I have to wait too. It's harder than I thought it would be with all the ladies posting their team pink or blue announcements on here, but I'm a fairly patient person, so I know I'll survive being "in the dark" until September.

March 27th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Sigyl's Avatar Veteran
Well I am planning on finding out in two weeks at my next appointment. But my husband is currently still on team green.
March 27th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not finding out either. It will just be harder to pick out names haha!

March 27th, 2012, 05:53 PM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amf4976 View Post
In her case she has PCOS and never expected to get pregnant spontaenously b/c it took so much work for her the last time. But it can totally happen!
That is what happened to me with this pregnancy. I used to always freak if there was a slip up, but after my O right before this one was really weak, I decided I couldn't even sustain anything if it did happen, so I didn't worry bout it. Then bam!

We are staying team green. I wanted to find out, then my boyfriend kinda talked me outta it. A surprise in the beginning, why not keep it that way?

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

March 27th, 2012, 08:36 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i am not going to ask about the gender... it's my last baby and i want to keep that element of surprise till the end. i have no preference if its a boy or girl anyway

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

March 28th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Veteran
Team green here!We always do that. We like the big surprise in tthe end!

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search