what are you hoping your baby looks like?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By smashley8

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2012, 04:24 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
do you have idea who's traits your baby will get?

Anything in particular you hope your baby doesn't get?

What color, hair and eyes do you think baby will have?

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 27th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My DS is pretty much a perfect mix of me and DH: DH's coloring (dark blond hair that gets bleached almost white in the summer) and my eyes (big and brown).
I have 4 siblings and we all look very different so I can't imagine having another baby who looks much like DS.

I really wouldn't wish my nose on any child but of course I will love them to death and think they are adorable even if they do end up with it

I have brown eyes but my mom had blue so I am a blue carrier and DH has blue eyes, so baby could have either brown or blue or maybe hazel/green? I was born with lots of dark hair, so that's always a possibility, or they could have lighter coloring like DS.

Basically anything is possible I have a redheaded brother, a blond brother, a dark brown haired brother, and a sister with light brown curly hair, and I have brown wavy hair. Lots and lots of genetic options

My Ovulation Chart
March 27th, 2012, 06:08 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a natural blond and was BLEACH blond when I was little, but DH has dark brown hair - so I think it's entirely possible that all of our children will be brown haired. I always pictured myself with a little blond baby! But then again, DH does have some reddish/blondish hairs in his beard, so who knows. It annoyed me because when I announced on facebook I said, "Put your votes in now whether it will be blond and bald til it's 2 or have a head of dark brown hair!" Of course DH's mom responds and says - "It WILL have dark hair" you don't know that woman! I hope I have a blond baby just because of that comment, LOL

anyway, I don't really have any other traits that I hope our baby gets. The only other thing I can think of is I hope he/she gets my teeth - DH had buck teeth and braces, and I never needed any!
RunningMommyTo5 likes this.

March 27th, 2012, 07:27 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my boys are both toe heads, but Nate has very dark eyelashes so I think his hair will turn as he gets older. Adam has blond lashes so I think his will stay light.

Nate is the spitting image of DH and his dad, with MIL's nose, and Adam looks like me and my brother...

Adam has blue eyes (like daddy) and Nate hazel (like me)

I'd love a baby with brown hair and blue eyes, as far as features go, I'd like a mix of us, instead of looking like our doppelgangers! haha!

One thing I wouldn't wish on my kids is my teeth, through lots of orthodontic work and dentures, I have a full set of teeth, but I was missing adult teeth, they were all in the wrong place. awful!

DH has nice teeth. I hope all my kids get his teeth!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 27th, 2012, 07:33 PM
RedRose_xo's Avatar Veteran
I have no idea! Lucy looks like her daddy, all she seems to have gotten from me is my short height and petite build. She has her daddy's green eyes and blonde hair, and face shape.
I'm secretly hoping this baby will have my brown eyes but obviously I won't mind if he or she doesn't. I'm so excited to see what he/she looks like!

March 27th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Super Mommy
We both have one that looks like us and one that is a mix so who knows. I just hope he has his daddy's skin coloring and tans as easy as he does. I have red hair so I don't tan well at all. We joke and say our house couldn't handle another red head since we have me and our red headed daughter but my husband told me that he was really hoping that we do have another spunky red head in the family.
March 28th, 2012, 04:32 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really want a brown eyed boy I have brown eyes, but DH has eyes that change from blue to green to gray. I think the baby could end up with any array of eye color, even hazel, but I'm hoping for brown

DH was a toe-head baby but his hair is light brown now. Mine has always been brown, but I hope the baby gets DH's thickness in hair since mine is really thin and would ALWAYS get tangled as a little girl. HOWEVER, DH is also part Irish, so if you look at his face you can see that his hair on his head is brown, but his sideburns and goatee are more red. I'm hoping we don't get a redhead, but a brunette with reddish tints would be ok

Everything else it really doesn't matter. Well, the above doesn't REALLY matter either because we will love him/her no matter what, but it's nice to think of it and wonder

March 28th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Super Mommy
My kids don't look like me or my husband. But they look a lot like each other. I actually get asked if they are adopted. They look Spanish. Both came out with a head full of black hair. My husband and I both have dark brown eyes, so DD's eyes are almost black. But for some reason i KNEW my son's eyes would be green. My mom has green eyes, and everyone told me it wouldn't happen. When he was born, his eyes were blue. Everyone said they would change to brown, and they did change on his first birthday. TO GREEN! Everyone loves his eyes, and amazed at how i knew they would be.

I have a feeling this little boy will have dark eyes, but look a lot like my other kids. My DD and I actually pulled out their sonogram pics and one of the profiles of DS looks JUST like this baby. Same forehead, nose, chin.. Which Im totally happy about because he is gorgeous! I can't wait to see him!!!
March 28th, 2012, 06:29 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashley8 View Post
It annoyed me because when I announced on facebook I said, "Put your votes in now whether it will be blond and bald til it's 2 or have a head of dark brown hair!" Of course DH's mom responds and says - "It WILL have dark hair" you don't know that woman! I hope I have a blond baby just because of that comment, LOL
Everyone told me that because I was blue-eyed and blonde and DH was brown hair and brown eyes, that my kids would without a doubt look like him because his genes were "dominant" Well, DS #1 came out and to his family's side....looked JUST LIKE me, LOL! He is a blonde, curly-headed little boy with beautiful hazel eyes. DS 3 also looks just like me, very blonde, very curly hair, and very light hazel eyes that have a good bit of blue/green in them. Now, DS2 does look just like DH, no denying that. But, he still got my curly hair! And, his hair is not as dark of a brown as DH's, it's much more of a golden brown. So, Ashley, all my kids were "supposed" to look like DH, but 2 of the 3 look just like me and the other one still has a ton of my traits (curly, lighter hair than DH's) mixed in there. Everyone assumes that the "darker" of the traits win out, but it's not always true!!!

I really hope Bailey has my blue eyes. I love the gorgeous hazel eyes the 2 that look like me have, but I'd like at least one of my kids to have my blue eyes. I have a feeling she'll look more like me than DH, but who knows? I just hope, blonde or brown, that she also ends up with my curly hair. It'd be sad for her three brothers to have curly hair and hers to be straight like DH's, LOL!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 28th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Veteran
Well, hmmmmm since I am white and DH is Kenyan I know my lil one will have mocha skin like DD and DSS. They have beautiful mixed skin and I love it. They have dark eyes and DD has beautiful Shirley Temple ringlets. Her hair is very long and not always fun to comb through lol. I would be happy with exactly what God wants me to have! I know they will be cuties (thanks to DH) But if I had to guess it would be curly hair (and lots of it) and DH lips. They all have cute pouty lips!
March 28th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Sydney and Rebecca look a little different than the rest of them, so either the baby will look like them, or look like the rest of the clan. I don't think I'll pop out a red-head or dark haired kid with dark eyes, and if I do the mail man might be in trouble!

March 28th, 2012, 08:08 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningMommyTo3 View Post
Everyone told me that because I was blue-eyed and blonde and DH was brown hair and brown eyes, that my kids would without a doubt look like him because his genes were "dominant" Well, DS #1 came out and to his family's side....looked JUST LIKE me, LOL! He is a blonde, curly-headed little boy with beautiful hazel eyes. DS 3 also looks just like me, very blonde, very curly hair, and very light hazel eyes that have a good bit of blue/green in them. Now, DS2 does look just like DH, no denying that. But, he still got my curly hair! And, his hair is not as dark of a brown as DH's, it's much more of a golden brown. So, Ashley, all my kids were "supposed" to look like DH, but 2 of the 3 look just like me and the other one still has a ton of my traits (curly, lighter hair than DH's) mixed in there. Everyone assumes that the "darker" of the traits win out, but it's not always true!!!

I really hope Bailey has my blue eyes. I love the gorgeous hazel eyes the 2 that look like me have, but I'd like at least one of my kids to have my blue eyes. I have a feeling she'll look more like me than DH, but who knows? I just hope, blonde or brown, that she also ends up with my curly hair. It'd be sad for her three brothers to have curly hair and hers to be straight like DH's, LOL!
Haha I love it!!!! That's so great, I keep thinking that maybe I WILL get my little blondie and your story proves that it's possible! Although maybe I will have to have 4 kids to get it, but we'll see! Gosh I just cant WAIT to see what all our little ones look like!

March 28th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
My dh has dark hair, green eyes, super model lips (that is what I call them because they are so perfectly shaped), and long eyelashes. I had blond hair before I colored it, blue eyes, thin lips, and a turned up nose. So far out of all the kids they are blond, thick eyelashes, blue eyes, my nose, and they all have my lips. If this baby is a girl I would love for her to have dh's thick dark hair, his lips, his eyelashes, hie eyes and my nose. If it is a boy I want him to have dh's hair, my lips, dh's nose, and dh's eyes. Everyone says my kids are perfect clones of me, and for the most part they are right. The only thing they got from dh was his eyelashes. It would be nice to have a baby that looks more like dh.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

March 28th, 2012, 09:18 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This has always been something I cannot seem to wrap my head around, what my children will look like.

DD has my hair & lips, and DH's eyes.

I would love this baby to have my green eyes!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search