Emotinal roller coaster! ahh(may trigger)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By momma_d
  • 1 Post By Repti.Mom
  • 2 Post By palmetto_moon
  • 1 Post By Risa

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok..I know this is probably just getting in over my head and I don't even know why Im doing it..but..while flicking channels on the tv I happen to come across 19 kids and counting..the episode where Michelle lost the baby..Honestly Ive never even cared about this show before but for some reason I felt compelled to watch it.So Im sitting here bawling like an idiot with the remote still in my hand.My oldest son(age 7) comes out of his room and ask's...Mom..whats the matter? So I had to explain to him that nothing's wrong with mommy and that I just saw something that was kinda sad..I didnt want to get into the discussion about death and dying and the fact that sometimes that happens because when my mom passed away in june he didnt take it so well..Why dont I just change the channel?.whats the matter with me? Am I completely insane? I just had to push back my docs appt because Im not going to be in town the day it was scheduled but now Im going to drive myself mad with thoughts that somethings wrong..ugh..anyone else ever do this? I fee like a complete moron now..I think I need to watch the meet the fockers or something..LOL

March 28th, 2012, 05:57 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did the same thing. I don't usually watch the show, but that one drew me in. I knew I would be an emotional wreck because we went through a loss at 13.5 weeks before, and reciently we just lost our baby's twin. Sometimes it's theraputic for me to bawl at the tv.

And lately I've been paranoid about every appointment...I'll be SO glad to get to see my little bundle again in a few weeks!!!

March 28th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did the exact same thing. To make it even worse I watched that same episode not only just now but last night as well. It is so sad and I couldn't help watching it..twice I am not a fan of the show either, it's just that in particular episode I just had to watch. Only to feel sad and worried.

I think what worries me most is she was 17 weeks. She had ni idea anything was wrong. So sad and scary

After watching it last night I Googled the Dugger's miscarriage thinking it might give a reason and instead I found two beautiful pictures of Michelle's hand and the baby's hand and then Michelle's hand and the baby's feet. The pictures caused all sorts of controversy and many people said it was wrong to take the pics, and many people had disgusting comments as well. Just very upsetting!

March 28th, 2012, 06:37 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I watched it too, bawled like a baby, my loss was much earlier at 9 weeks.

I am amazed at her faith in God, I know when I had my miscarriage I was angry with God. I didn't know how to accept that that baby had already served its purpose and was needed in Heaven...

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 28th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I DVR'd it and I'm watching it now, just the preview of Michelle crying made me start bawling. I have no idea why I'm torturing myself but I can't help it!

March 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I can't even watch the commercials for the episode without crying, so I can't bear to watch that right now. I agree, Ami, her faith is amazing, and I strive to have her kind of faith. I had a loss at 12wks with my very first pregnancy and it nearly crippled me emotionally. I, too, was upset with God. I've grown so much in my faith since then, and I'm trying to not be anxious and trust in God's sovereignty through the good and bad. Maybe I can work up the nerve to watch it soon.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 28th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I also googled it right after I watched it and found her pictures..Honestly I think they are amazing..I wanted to punch certain ppl for making negative comments about them...LOL..My losses were all a lot earlier than that( all before 6 weeks) and I had just found out I was pregnant..its just a sobering thought that it could happen anytime..again Im not even sure why I watched it..I just felt compelled to I guess.

March 28th, 2012, 07:29 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I just googled the pics, too, and they are beautiful. I don't need to get my blood pressure up, so I won't read the comments. I love them, though. They're amazing.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 28th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Super Mommy
I think the picture is beautiful. As you can see in my signature, I have pictures of my Robert. It is the only thing I have of him other then my memories. I don't really like the Duggars, but I did watch the episode and I was touched by how much faith they have.
March 28th, 2012, 10:11 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also watched and cried. I think her faith is astounding and awesome and I was so moved by her reliance on God and absolute trust in Him.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
March 29th, 2012, 05:26 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't want this to sound inappropriate to ask, but I do wonder how after 19 children she wasn't feeling consistent movement by 17 weeks? I know many of you ladies started feeling movement at 12-14 weeks. I also know that every woman and pregnancy is different but I feel if I were in her shoes and this was me 20th pregnancy I would think something was wrong after not feeling the baby move that far into the pregnancy.

Just a thought. I don't watch the show and have to admit that I was more upset/angry that she got pregnant with #20 (this was while we were still TTC, though I got upset when a lot of people got pregnant after our first year of trying and nothing...) but was sooo upset and sad for her when they announced the miscarriage I'm still debating if I want to watch that episode, but I think it may do more harm than good in that I'll be worried about my own baby.

March 29th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
sounds like she had a doppler at home and one of the older girls would listen for the baby's heartbeat, and it heard it just days before the ultrasound. I would have thought she felt movement too but who knows, maybe she wasn't worried about it as much since she heart the hb?

It was sad for sure. My DH came home while I was watching it and was worried why I was crying so hard! Then he sat down ad watched it with me and was upet too. I can't help but worry because we are around the same time. Everything happens for a reason though

March 29th, 2012, 09:13 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't even watch the episode. Before the new season aired they were on a show and they had a clip of her when she was finding out and I cried and cried just watching that part. I just do not have the heart to watch it right now. I love their show and their faith and it just hurts my heart so much to see them go through that. Her faith and resiliance astounds me and I really admire her for that.

I won't even dare read people's negative comments about it, etc because its no one's choice or business but their own. I get really frustrated when people are so overbearing about what other families do.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

March 29th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't felt anything, and I *believe* the tech said that the placenta is in front. I'll ask again if I'm not feeling anything by the time the 'big' ultrasound comes. It's not a silly question though

The comments about the pictures really pissed me off. It's no one's **** business but her family's if there were pictures taken and who she decided to share them with. JUST because they are on TV people feel the need to make horrible comments and think that it IS their business.

I haven't watched that episode, but if I run across it I probably will. Everything makes me cry, like they had a special on before wrestling on monday about John Cena and the rock, and John Cena with the make a wish kids made me cry. lol
RunningMommyTo5 likes this.

March 29th, 2012, 11:21 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have cable so i'm not able to watch it anyway but i'm sure i'd be tempted to otherwise. I know i wouldn't be able to handle such a sad story. Crazy to think i'm as far along as she was when she had her loss. I can't even imagine. I too think the pictures are beautiful and am sure if i was in her shoes i'd want lots of pictures as well.

March 29th, 2012, 11:28 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my 11th baby and in many of my pregnancies I haven't felt much movement until around 20 weeks. I'm 17 weeks today and so far havent felt anything i could say I KNOW for sure is definitely movement. Had my midwife appt last night though and baby is doing great...heartbeat ticking away so I think maybe it's just normal for me....maybe it was like that for Ms. Duggar as well.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
March 29th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just watched it and bawled my eyes out. So emotional and such a sad thing. I think I shouldn't have watched it though. I lost my first baby at 10 weeks and am so worried something is going to happen now. Hoping for the best though <3

~mommy of 3 angels and one handsome boy~

March 29th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Risa's Avatar Veteran
I watched it this afternoon. I am just amazed at their faith. Although I wouldn't necessarily choose their lifestyle for myself, I do love watching them because I think she is an amazing christian woman. (I have to admit, I've read her books too!). She does a better job raising 19 children than some of the parents of the students I teach do raising one. It was amazing to me that even before she got up from the seat in the ultrasound room that she was praying and putting her faith in God. I hope to have as much faith as she does!
RunningMommyTo5 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search