What the heck?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2012, 08:10 AM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
IMO this is taking crunchy parenting waaaaaay too far.

alicia-silverstone-chews-her-sons-food-for-him

What do you think? I'm totally grossed out.

March 29th, 2012, 08:18 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
IMO- if your kids can't eat it without you chewing it up, its probably something they aren't biologically ready for anyways. But that's just my 2 cents.

Either way, I'm sure there are plenty more people that do this, or people that have randomly done it. Grosses me out, but to each their own!
lovemyleah and InnocentDevil like this.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

March 29th, 2012, 08:28 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry but that seems gross to me! haha.

March 29th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think that is super weird...but I'm not very crunchy at all. And who names their child Bear Blu? Honestly, I think it's disturbing how our society is so fascinated with how celebrities are "raising" their children. Why do we care? I'm not going to take my parenting cues from someone who spends a fraction of their time with their child, has the financial resources to buy them whatever they want , and more than likely a nanny or two to help out.

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by wishfulgal; March 29th, 2012 at 09:03 AM.
March 29th, 2012, 08:55 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
she named him bear blu - I would expect nothing less than weird from someone who named their kid that.
curlygirl77 likes this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 29th, 2012, 09:03 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hmm what's wrong with just mashing the food up with a fork? i don't think the kid necessarily needs her saliva in his mouth
lovemyleah likes this.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

March 29th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Grosses me out!

March 29th, 2012, 09:48 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Ummmm.....ewww....not for me at all. And, I have to agree that I couldn't care less and sometimes get so tired of reading various news articles and people obsessing on how celebrities are raising their children. I personally don't think it's newsworthy and there are so many more important things going on in this world that it seems ridiculous for "the news" to focus on the latest "parenting trend" the Hollywood celebs are following. But, hey, I guess if it works for them....but I still can't imagine...*shutter* And I have to wonder, like you Danielle, if it can't be chewed by the baby himself, or mashed with a fork, then it may not be quite ready for baby's stomach yet...
wishfulgal and momma_d like this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 29th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
ive seen many of ppl introduce food this way the first bites they chew it up and see if the baby will take it, i can't believe everyone is saying they've never seen this or done this. I THINK PPL ARE LYING. lol but usually not keep doing it or eating out of their mouth. each to his own, but she shouldnt have put it on the internet for ppl to judge her.

Jessica Wearing Her SQUISHY BUM'S Cloth Diaper made by mommy
Facebook.com/Squishybums
March 29th, 2012, 10:12 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can understand people have their own way of doing things, but this way of doing things is definitely not for me. Just grossed me out as well.. To each their own.

Ashley
Ashley
March 29th, 2012, 10:30 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ehhhh, it's not for me but to each their own.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
March 29th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Super Mommy
Not my thing but whatever works for her I guess
March 29th, 2012, 11:14 AM
luvmyabsolute's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to luvmyabsolute
Kinda gross, but I guess people do it. I think I remember my aunt doing it to my cousins when I was really young and I remember thinking "how gross". LOL. I wouldn't put a picture of myself letting my kid take it out of my mouth like a baby bird though..well I wouldn't let my child do that but If for some strange reason I had.... no picture. I think celebrity's try to out weird each other for some reason.

*!*!*Thank you Vicki... For my Great Siggie*!*!*

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 29th, 2012, 11:19 AM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not for me, and I think it is gross. I agree with the above poster, I think it was momma d that said if the child needs the food chewed first, they are probably too young to be eating that food.

Mash it with a fork if need be, cut it up into small bites, but chewing the food first just seems a bit out there.
momma_d likes this.

March 29th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I saw that on tv last night, and I think it is gross. Like jennylynn said, I have seen many people introduce new foods to their babies by chewing it up and putting it in their baby's mouth. I do not necessarily see anything wrong with that. It is the fact that this is how she feeds her son all the time and the mouth-to-mouth feeding that I find strange.

March 29th, 2012, 02:05 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylynnf View Post
ive seen many of ppl introduce food this way the first bites they chew it up and see if the baby will take it, i can't believe everyone is saying they've never seen this or done this. I THINK PPL ARE LYING. lol but usually not keep doing it or eating out of their mouth. each to his own, but she shouldnt have put it on the internet for ppl to judge her.
Definitely not lying here! I have never seen anyone do this but then again, I usually am not paying too much attention to other people's parenting styles unless I think they are doing something harmful! I'm sure there are plenty of people who do this, but I have never actually seen anyone do it, in fact, I won't even watch the video because just the thought of seeing it right now grosses me out!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

March 29th, 2012, 02:19 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never seen anyone else do it but then again people would usually do it in their own home and not post it on the internet. Everyone has a different way of doing things, its true! Many people said they clipped their babies finger and toe nails by biting them off. I personally wouldn't want to do it but hey if it works for them.

March 29th, 2012, 03:11 PM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
I'm sorry it's completely gross.
March 29th, 2012, 08:04 PM
RedRose_xo's Avatar Veteran
I think she should be concerned that her son is what, 10 months old? And she has to chew his food for him.

I think its pretty gross, being honest. I mean, don't get me wrong. If Lucy asks for a little of whatever I'm eating, I'll bite off some and give it to her. But that's extremely different to actually chewing it into mush and spitting it into her mouth. The spitting grosses me out more than the chewing.

OT but a friend had an irrational fear of her DD chocking, to the point that she pureed all her food till she was around 3 or so (I'm not kidding, everything the kid ate was pureed). Anyway, now her DD is in motor therapy a couple times a month because her jaw is weak as it never formed properly cause she never learned to chew as a baby. So sad

Anyway, I think its gross. Especially the spitting. A 10mth old should be able to do that for himself.
RunningMommyTo5 likes this.

March 30th, 2012, 06:36 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
That's a good point, Red Rose. My boys have all been chewing most of their food (that was soft enough to and age appropriate, of course) and self-feeding at 10months old. I guess it's one thing to introduce it this way, if you so choose to do it, but I hope that's not the only way he knows to eat at 10months! Of course, we've only seen this one video (which I can't understand why she posted, but whatever), but I do hope that she's introduced him to self-feeding and chewing something of his own at this point.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search