Consignment sale

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2012, 01:09 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to a baby and kids consignment sale tonight, has anyone ever been to one? I'm excited but a little nervous, because I don't really know what to look for! Also I will need to stick to gender neutral things, which kind of stinks, but I'm sure I'll find some good stuff! They also will have maternity clothes there. What things do you guys suggest I look for?

March 30th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Super Mommy
I have gone too two for this pregnancy. I love going to them but find that it's either a hit or a miss for me. I did score a great bassinet in perfect condition for $30, and I got a carters pack and play with all the extras like I wanted for $45. I did not get any baby clothes because at the time I didn't know the sex of the baby, but did pretty great on some maternity shorts, capris and jeans, the shirts all looked pretty worn out though. Good luck, have Fun And I can't wait to read about your finds.

Oh get receiving blankets. They are so cheap, and you will go through them like crazy.
March 30th, 2012, 01:44 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gear on consignment is always great as long as its in good clean condition! Plus, remember you can always clean it again when you get it home.

Maternity clothes are AWESOME on consignment because the cost adds up when you pay full price, and you only wear it for a few months anyways and may not get to wear it again if you are pregnant in a different season or if certain things are out of style.

I had a hard time finding gender neutral things at our local consignment store, but if you can find sleepers and stuff, you can never have enough of those!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

March 30th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Super Mommy
I always see great deals on strollers, especially jogging strollers, because it seems like people buy them with high hopes that they will run with their baby all the time and a lot of them rarely get used.

I don't need much in the way of baby gear right now, but for my girls I always hit shoes first! Good luck- I bet you will be hooked!
March 30th, 2012, 04:18 PM
It was an absolute mob scene and I wasn't feeling well, so I ended up just getting a bouncy seat for $7. It's missing the velcro toys that are supposed to hang down, but I figure I can use something else for those! I'll probably give it to my mom to use when we are at her house.

March 30th, 2012, 04:57 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There are TWO this weekend where we live. One is at the Children's museum and I even got a pass to go early since I'm expecting but I have to work in the morning which is when they're doing the VIPs. The other is in an empty store at the local mall from 10a to 7p but I think I won't get anything good since I won't be able to get there till 2 at the earliest.

March 30th, 2012, 07:00 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've done great at the consignment sales around here. I got our bedding for the crib, maternity clothes, Nursing pillow, and I usually am able to find my kids' easter outfits/christmas outfits at the consignment sales we have (although this year the clothes seemed to be not as nice as they usually are). I LOVE going to consignment sales!!!

March 30th, 2012, 07:55 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess i'm thinking of something other than what you went to.. We have consignment stores around where you can find things for a good price anyday and i go to those pretty often. Then there are occasional really good sales where everything is like 25 cents. Those are the ones that are crazy!

March 30th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Yeah this one was a big sale that's only for 3 days this weekend, people could sign up to sell their own stuff and then the public can come in and shop. There were tons of clothes, toys, etc. but once it's all over with the people selling have to come by and pick up what didn't sell. We have consignment stores too, I like those even more I think - not as crowded and crazy!

March 30th, 2012, 08:46 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought a Bumbo seat and a doorway jumper when I was pregnant with Connor. I love consignment events! But, they are hit and miss depending on who's selling and how cheap

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

March 31st, 2012, 08:07 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh i see. I've never been to one of those!

March 31st, 2012, 03:55 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
Wish we had something like that around here!
March 31st, 2012, 08:12 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My sister lives in TN and goes to events like this regularly. She almost always scores big! The only drawback is that the lines can be really, really long and sometimes it can seem a bit chaotic and disorganized. I went with her to one b/c they were having it while I was visiting and it was fabulous. I remember being really glad that DH had stayed behind with the kids or it would have been a zoo and not much fun trying to keep up with them and fight the crowds. I did get lots of clothes though, for all my younger kids.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 1st, 2012, 04:52 AM
Today is half off day and I'm thinking about going again and just picking up a bunch of clothes - boy and girl! If my intuition is right and it's a boy, I can give the girl clothes to a friend of mine who's having a girl in July.

April 1st, 2012, 05:24 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashley8 View Post
Today is half off day and I'm thinking about going again and just picking up a bunch of clothes - boy and girl! If my intuition is right and it's a boy, I can give the girl clothes to a friend of mine who's having a girl in July.
Or you can consign them yourself! I always shops these; they have them around me in the late winter (spring/summer clothes) and late summer (fall/winter clothes), but so far I haven't sold because my older DD passes on clothes to the younger, then we didn't know if we would have another girl along the way. I will be selling next year either way though! If we have a boy, I'll start consigning the girl clothes, and if we have a girl, I'll wait until baby is closer to a year and start selling all the gear. I'm excited. I have a friend who consigns all her kids previous season clothes to buy for the upcoming season, and she always make a ton of money.
April 1st, 2012, 01:39 PM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
i wish we had these events, i shop all the flea markets, gargae sales, and consignment shops in our area more than i buy new. that would be so fun though! i do like how many we have around here living on a military base ppl are always moving and gettign rid of stuff cheap. im a big fan of bookoo.com and ebay for used stuff too.

Jessica Wearing Her SQUISHY BUM'S Cloth Diaper made by mommy
Facebook.com/Squishybums
April 1st, 2012, 01:57 PM
Got a bunch of clothes half off today! I spent $17 for some rompers, soft pants, jeans, jean shorts, an Ed Hardy onesie, a brand new frog towel hoodie and a sweet cream colored knit hat! So happy I went!

April 1st, 2012, 03:46 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awesome deals!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search