I'm not a worrier during pregnancy, but this worries me.

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2012, 02:52 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am going to preface this by saying I am not a constant worrier during pregnancy. I like to be as normal as possible and do things I would normally do (within reason of course) and not feel like I am handicapped or debilitated simply because I am pregnant. I don't obsess over whether the baby is okay or not, because the way I see it, I don't have control over the things that would worry me. But I am worried about this one thing...

I have not stopped cramping this entire pregnancy and its heavy cramps sometimes. I'm so worried I'm going to end up on bed rest and DH will be gone working. Or that I'll be on bed rest and won't get to travel to my friends wedding that I'm in this summer and see my family. It is probably my only irrational worry that I have and I can't shake it. I don't know what's wrong with me. I am not a negative person and am usually really awesome at shaking negative thoughts but this one just keeps eeking at me so much I'm afraid I'm going to bring it on myself bc I am so worried about it. Does this make any sense?

Please tell me you have gone through this in a pregnancy before and that I need to chill out. Because I'm ready to smack myself!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

March 30th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have been very crampy this time around. I think it has to do with it being our second pregnancy (or so I've been told). I know that if I do a lot of activity (like cleaning the house, bending and lifting, etc) I'm super crampy and have BH at the end of the day.

Try not to stress about it now and cross that bridge of bedrest if/when it comes....I know, easier said that done but it's better to not stress about something you have no control over.

Make sure you are drinking plenty of water too!!

March 30th, 2012, 03:49 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you've been worrying hun! I think because its your second pregnancy you worry because you didn't experience it the first time around but remember each one can be completely different. I haven't been that crampy but still definitely more so than i was with my son. With him i only experienced it in the very beginning and now being almost 18 weeks i still have days when i cramp. It makes sense what Lyz said about being super active taking care of your other child.

March 30th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyz View Post
I have been very crampy this time around. I think it has to do with it being our second pregnancy (or so I've been told). I know that if I do a lot of activity (like cleaning the house, bending and lifting, etc) I'm super crampy and have BH at the end of the day.

Try not to stress about it now and cross that bridge of bedrest if/when it comes....I know, easier said that done but it's better to not stress about something you have no control over.

Make sure you are drinking plenty of water too!!
Ditto this exactly. I have been very crampy this time around too and this is my second pregnancy (well, third, but the 2nd ended very soon after my BFP). Last week I was cleaning and getting ready for company and was very crampy by evening for a few days. And sometimes I'm crampy even without being super active. I do try to take it easy when I get crampy. I AM a worrywart, but I'm trying to not worry too much about this b/c I have read that it is normal the 2nd time.

My Ovulation Chart
March 30th, 2012, 05:12 PM
luvmyabsolute's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to luvmyabsolute
Its def normal. I am on my third and I get soo crampy by the evenings I can hardly make it through dinner and dishes. Maybe try drinking lots of water and resting as much as you can, also a warm shower seems to help sometimes I have noticed.

*!*!*Thank you Vicki... For my Great Siggie*!*!*

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 30th, 2012, 06:03 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
It's normal! This is my 4th and I go through periods where I'm cramping at night after I long day. And, my BHs started several weeks ago. I had cramping and BH a lot with my previous pregnancies, too. Definitely bring it up to your dr when you go, because they'll be able to ease your mind, too. I have a feeling that it's totally normal, but I agree that don't think too far ahead and deal with any problems or challenges when/and a BIG IF they come. (((hugs))) Worrying is no fun, but it is hard not to do.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 31st, 2012, 08:26 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
anything different is scary, so since this pregnancy is different than your last it is natural to worry.

I hope you can put your mind at ease soon!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search