Gender Reveal Party Anyone

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2012, 12:15 PM
Regular
Just curious if anyone will b having a gender reveal party I am having baby #4 which will b our last because I am having my tubes tide I am really excited Any ideas for food? decorations?
March 31st, 2012, 12:34 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're not planning to do one but i think its a fun idea I'm sure you can find some great ideas if you google it.

March 31st, 2012, 12:39 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we are thinking about it..

I asked both MIL and SIL if they would want to come down for a little party if we decided to have one and haven't gotten a response. So if I don't hear from them soon, I'll assume they wouldn't want to.

If we do have one, I am just going to have cheese and crackers veggie tray and fruit tray.

And a Cake that will just has "It's a (whatever)" written on it and have mil open the box.

nothing too exciting, and I am assuming at this rate since I haven't heard anything in over a week that we won't be having one...

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 31st, 2012, 01:07 PM
Regular
Awwww I guess I am the only 1 making a grand gesture of it I feel like a weirdo LOL my mother is rental a hall and catering, games the whole shabang I just dont knw wht food and colors should be
March 31st, 2012, 01:13 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
Probably not, but I think it's a cute idea. We're taking my MIL to our gender ultrasound with us so she'll find out the same time we do.

March 31st, 2012, 01:18 PM
Regular
We are doing one just with our family! Just something simple though! Opening a box when we are all together filled with either pink or blue helium balloons. My DH and I will find out the same time as everyone else!
March 31st, 2012, 02:15 PM
Regular
I heard someone suggest having a cake baked where the inside is blue or pink, and when the couple cut into it, everyone sees which color it is!
March 31st, 2012, 03:13 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol, you definitely shouldn't feel like a weirdo! Gender reveal parties are actually very common! Plus they are super fun!! I am going to have a small one just for the kids and DH and I. I am leaning toward doing the colored filling cupcakes. But, I can't decide between that and the balloon idea. Possibly both!! Although we would release the balloons first and then the filling of the cupcakes wouldn't be much of a surprise! Regardless it would still be fun for the kids and memorable I am definitely throwing a small gender reveal party for the kids! I know they will enjoy it; plus it is another great opportunity to take a ton of pics and make a home video to remember the special day

As far as colors, since it is a gender reveal party I will be keeping the colors neutral until the big reveal! I think we will go with a lot of yellow. Maybe some soft greens.

March 31st, 2012, 03:55 PM
RedRose_xo's Avatar Veteran
We won't be doing one, as they aren't really the norm here (neither are baby showers, much to my dismay ), but I think they're a neat idea.

My next scan is on Tuesday, and if I find out the gender, OH and I won't be sharing it with our families.

April 1st, 2012, 08:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
we're having one!!! I'm excited! We are having cupcakes filled with the appropriate gender color (blue or pink) and then everyone will find out together!!

now, I have to take my boards on April 21st (I thought it ws the 14th until yesterday when I got the info in the mail) and I'm struggling with the party date since it was supposed to be te 20th and I don't want to be zonked the next day. I may push the party until Saturday night instead....I hope I can wait b/c we were going to find out with everyone else!!

we are having colored foods to go with our blue and pink theme. I'm super pumped!!

April 1st, 2012, 01:52 PM
Regular
Wellll I am kind of bummed I have to change my Party date bc my guest list has gotten too long and the venue isnt available for that day then to make matters worst most of my girlfriends are going overseas for three weeks on April 29th sooooo my new date will be May 19 which sucks bc I have to wait a whole additional month to find out whn my ultrasound date is April 16th I dont think I can wait that long Buttttt on a lighter note the menu is done we decided being as though its may to have a BBQ games are picked out and I am ordering my invitations this week colors will be mint gree yellow and white *Sighs deeply* thats where were ate I hope the ladies that are having one post pics I knw I will.....
April 1st, 2012, 04:44 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you have to wait so long! April 16th is my u/s date too

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search