Baby cloths newborn, 0-3, 3-6. How many of each??

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2012, 05:23 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I am starting to think of getting some cloths together. This is my fourth so I do not want to go overboard. Do you think one pack of 5 Carters's Bodysuits is enough or should I get two in each of the sizes. That is the only cloths item I will definitely buy new.

When they are tiny I don't like full outfits, with tops and bottoms and socks and all that jazz. I am a fan of the sleep and play look at least when they are still in Newborn, 0-3 and some 3-6. But, how many of each size are you getting?

I figure if I make a buying plan I could pick up a few bits and pieces here and there so it will not be such a shock to the system. Also I buy most of the kids clothes still in the states and my mom ships it over to me. So lighter and more frequent is cheaper for shipping.

March 31st, 2012, 05:30 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd get 2 packs of each, just because they spit up so much.

I am going to try not to buy a whole lot new. I have to see what I have left, I purged a lot of stuff before I moved, so I don't know what I have left, but I know I had surplus of everything.

I will want to change out some of the blue stuff for pink if it's a girl, but I really want to limit how much I buy.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 31st, 2012, 05:35 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh wow I totally forgot about Reflux! Oh goodness and the drooling that kicks in latter! Yup ok two of each! THANKS!! I have been out of the game a while!

March 31st, 2012, 09:02 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually go with two packs of each size because of spitting up or blow outs as well.....I'd say when they are really small they could stay in just a onesie and receiving blanket if you wanted...or you could add those little stretchy pants that they sell to match onesies...babies always look so comfy in those.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
March 31st, 2012, 09:14 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
I'm the wrong person to ask because I love shopping and buying clothes for the baby lol. I do buy mainly sleepers, onsies though. I'll buy a few NB until I see how big/smaller this guy will be.
March 31st, 2012, 09:21 PM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've bought a couple onesies and sleepers that are gender neutral. But the ones I found are cheap (clearance for like $3). Ill probably want a bunch of plain onesies since I spit up a lot when I was a baby!

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

March 31st, 2012, 09:28 PM
Sigyl's Avatar Veteran
"blow outs" LOL... can't wait
April 1st, 2012, 06:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When I had my DD in sept I skipped newborn size altogether and went straight for 0-3 which she wore until she was 5 months old..then she skipped the 3-6 and went into 6-9 which she is wearing now..I found with her I didnt have enough sleepers so Im still having to buy more..If I have a girl im all set..LOL..also I would recommend a ton of onsies because you'll be changing it 4-5 times a day in the early days when they blow throw their diapers(Im using cloth prefolds and havent had that problem like I did with sposies)..

April 1st, 2012, 10:48 AM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
I would buy 2 of each. I am the same way with them when they are young, i dress them comfortably and not in lil suits, jeans etc. I think there is plenty of time for that

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
April 2nd, 2012, 11:08 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure if this baby is a girl i'll buy way more than is actually necessary Of course i'll find good deals. I was surprised how long my son fit into NB sizes and he was in 0-3 mos for a good amount of time as well so if this baby is anything like him we'll need quite a bit. I definitely feel like its important to be comfy but knowing myself i'll probably find comfy stuff that also happens to be cute. Plus i'd rather have too much than not enough since i'm sure i'll be slacking on laundry at first

April 2nd, 2012, 06:24 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely agree with dressing babies in comfy onesies and sleepers. DD also hated getting anything over her head, so I mainly used sleepers with zippers.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search