So now I'm feeling tempted!!!!!!!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By bettyearl
  • 1 Post By amazing_love
  • 1 Post By bettyearl
  • 4 Post By karenwalter

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2012, 08:32 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I couldn't resist looking up the elective ultrasound stuff after YumPickles suggested it to OatmealKisses and it's only $60 to do it here! I'm so tempted! They can even do Saturday appointments so my husband could come without taking off work... Well sort of. Or maybe I could record it and then just get the tech to give me the gender written in an envelope!!
OatmealKisses likes this.
April 1st, 2012, 09:01 AM
RedRose_xo's Avatar Veteran
I have an elective U/S on Tuesday, we're supposed to be staying team green but I just don't think I have the patience, so all things going well we'll find out the gender on Tuesday

$60 is an absolute bargain, mine is costing €145 Let us know what you decide to do!

April 1st, 2012, 09:04 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The one we did was the very first time we'd ever done it. I have never really thought of it as "worth the money" but I have to say, they made it a really great experience for us, our children and our friends that were with us. I do recommend it!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 2nd, 2012, 05:35 AM
squiligi's Avatar Veteran
I had my elective u/s on Saturday. I should be scheduling my gender scan at the OB at my appointment today. I'm not telling them I went so they'll take time to look again for me
April 2nd, 2012, 07:32 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
We did ours at an elective place on a Saturday, too, and the experience was so well worth the $$$. To have all of my boys in the room, as well as all of my family, it was priceless. Not only was finding out she was a girl together amazing, but it was a great thing for all of my family to get to see her, too. She was moving, rolling, drinking fluid, sucking her thumb...it was awesome. I say if it won't break you or be too much out of pocket for you, then to go for it!!!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 2nd, 2012, 07:44 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think its great if you have the extra money! We have a very high credit card bill due to vacation, a class DH is taking, and soon the baby's birth sooooo that is our #1 priority. That's why it wasn't a good idea for us. I am glad i spent the $50 on the doppler though
RunningMommyTo5 likes this.

April 2nd, 2012, 09:53 AM
Thanks ladies Maybe to celebrate finishing the house my husband is closing on this month we could go? I'm feeling less anxious about everything since a crazy dream I had last night that had me in tears in a good way. I just am feeling like it really doesn't matter what I want, that this baby is exactly who is supposed to be joining our family and I will love them like crazy no matter what - even if there are health problems, it will all be okay.
3Sapphires likes this.
April 2nd, 2012, 08:17 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DO IT!
We can't get one. Too much money being spent for sudden moving. I doubt they would even have a place that does it here. We live in a town of 5,000

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
April 3rd, 2012, 07:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I want to get one done near the end of my pregnancy for sure, but I have totally been contemplating going in the next week or so for one to see if I have twins in me and determine the sex(es). I go to the Dr Thursday and if he won't send me before the 26th I may decide to go for one sooner. We are looking to either buy or rent somewhere right now though so I don't wanna have to spend the $79 if I do not have to.

April 3rd, 2012, 07:34 AM
Well, my "local" place is actually 2.5 hrs away, but since we do live in an itty bitty place with nothing around us, we go out that direction often enough.
April 3rd, 2012, 08:37 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I caved and am going today My OB didn't schedule the ultrasound until May 2nd so I decided I couldn't wait that long. The place near us is only $45

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 3rd, 2012, 08:53 AM
^^^^^^^^EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKK!!!! I'm so excited to hear your results!!!!
April 3rd, 2012, 11:43 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Karen!! You'd better update us girl!!!!!!

April 3rd, 2012, 11:45 AM
Veteran
I keep checking!!! Update us girl!!
April 3rd, 2012, 07:33 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Woowhoo!!!!

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search