Question Re: Movement

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2012, 05:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello,

When did you all first start feeling movement with this pregnancy or previous ones?

I think I have been feeling some flutters and light movement every now and then for the past 4 days or so. It like feels like ripples or butterflies. I don't really know how to explain it. Do you think it is too soon?

~mommy of 2 angels and one handsome boy~

April 1st, 2012, 05:30 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is this your first? I don't think I have felt anything yet, but I am so waiting for it to happen!! Lucky you if that's what you are feeling!

April 1st, 2012, 07:25 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first i felt movement for the first time at 17.5 weeks and with this one i started feeling it at 14 weeks but it was so subtle and not very noticable. Now that i'm further along it is very obvious to me. Its not necessarily too soon! Everyone is different, some feel it earlier

April 1st, 2012, 08:53 PM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I felt one little nudge last week at 15 weeks and mightve been feeling some flutters here and there but I'm not too sure...I can't tell the difference between muscle jumps and movements yet. :-( but I look forward to sharp and obvious jabs!

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

April 1st, 2012, 10:57 PM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
With the first I felt tiny flutters when lying still at 14 weeks. This one I noticed it much earlier, of course can't remember exactly when anymore...maybe about 12 weeks when I was lying still.

April 1st, 2012, 11:08 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i was about 15 weeks this time, can't remember for my other pregnancies. i am 18 weeks now and really the movements haven't become stronger or more noticeable yet, they are still just very light taps and tickly flutters. i can't wait for some more substantial kicks!

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

April 2nd, 2012, 06:37 AM
nroundtr's Avatar Veteran
This is my first and I was almost 15 weeks when I felt the first movement. I didn't feel it again until 16 weeks when I was at the OB and they were trying to locate the hb...the baby was very active and I could feel him/her pushing up against the doppler. The flutters (for lack of a better word) aren't regular at all...the come and go randomly.

April 2nd, 2012, 06:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm 15 1/2 weeks and *think* I have been feeling some very subtle flutters and movement. With my first pregnany I did not feel a thing until 17 weeks, and not consistantly until 20 weeks. Honestly, I have been SO gassy this pregnancy, that until I feel something very obvious I'm not even going to really count it. But I think I am beginning to feel some movement.

My Ovulation Chart
April 2nd, 2012, 07:29 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
With my first, I had an anterior placenta (where the placenta is in the front) so I didn't feel the movement until it was more definite at about 18wks, with my second, it was clear at 15wks, third at 13wks, and believe it or not, it was between 10 and 11 this time with my 4th. It sounds like could very well be quickening for you, and the way you describe it sounds like it may be!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 2nd, 2012, 10:16 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
1st and 3rd babies at 14.5 weeks
2nd baby at 12.5 weeks

This one.... not yet!
April 2nd, 2012, 11:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much ladies. I really do think it is what they call the quickening..It has only happened about 3-4 times so far, but feels so different from when I am gassy or anything else. I too cannot wait to feel the real kicks and stuff...although I may regret that in a few months haha.

~mommy of 2 angels and one handsome boy~

April 2nd, 2012, 12:45 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started feeling random quickening shortly after 13 weeks. It is not consistent, and usually is after I've eaten a cold popsicle or ice water, and I have to be really still to feel it! I don't anticipate to be feeling more consistent movement for another couple weeks and I'm definitely not feeling kicks yet!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 2nd, 2012, 05:15 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first, I didn't feel anything till 18-20 weeks, this time I've been feeling flutters since 9-10 weeks on and off though... still not daily or consistent.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search