Had any Intense Dreams Lately?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By bettyearl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2012, 10:48 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I had the most insane dream last night, but oddly I'm feeling so much more at ease with everything. First of all I realized that I accidentally had taken home my doctor's doppler and I decided to try and find the baby's heartbeat with it, but I just couldn't get it to work and I felt so uncomfortable (probably my husband squishing me in my sleep) and just couldn't get comfortable. So then I notice that not only did I have the doppler there, but some little slim black notebook type computer thing that I opened up because I wasn't sure what it was, but it became apparent (in dreamland) that it was a portable ultrasound machine. I totally wouldn't have even opened the thing in real life, dreams are crazy.

But in my dream I decided to give myself an ultrasound and hopefully determine the gender of the baby. As soon as I put the wand thing on my belly it was like this crazy cool in-depth picture of the skeleton of the baby, extremely clear and then it just got more crazy, adding ligaments and muscles here, blood vessels there and then I could see the heart. My own heart skipped a beat as I realized something was wrong - the heart wasn't beating rhythmically and had some sort of problem with it.

Almost as soon as I realized the heart wasn't complete, the ultrasound picture became nearly fully fleshed, but instead of being on the screen, it was a full-grown adult - my SON (I realized in the dream, of course) and I was so overcome with maternal love for this person I was crying in my sleep. I said to him "Your heart has a problem" and he replied "I know. It will be okay." Then I gave him a hug with tears in my eyes. He was so handsome, looked a little like my son Adam, was taller than me but shorter than my husband by a fair amount. And then he was gone.

The rest of the dream was kind of silly, I kept running into problems trying to return the ultrasound machine to the doctor without making him think I stole it.

When I woke up I immediately remembered the dream and again tears were hot on my cheeks.

Now, I'm not saying this dream means I'm having that boy and he'll look like that and have a heart problem and everything, but it DID help me realize that no matter WHO this baby is or what health problems may arise, it is my child and I will love him or her like crazy and that truly, it will be okay.

And now, if I find out I'm having my 4th boy I don't think I'll be at all sad. Not even for a moment, because I know it will be okay and that I will adore that child and wouldn't be able to trade him for the world. So I'm a peace. Gold star to you if you read through all that!
April 2nd, 2012, 10:57 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
as weird as it was it sounds like it was a great dream!!

I had a weird one the other night. We used to live in a house we rented from my inlaws and BIL used to live with us.

This apparently was a big part of my dream. I dreamed that we bought a 1/2 double house, and my IL's bought the other half. And they started moving all their extra crap into our part of the house, then all of a sudden it was one big house straight out of 1968 with shag green carpet and wood paneling.

And their stuff was every where! I was supposed to have a kitchen and mil was supposed to have a kitchen, when I opened my dishwasher it was full of her dishes. My furniture was no where to be seen. it was just awful! And very reminiscent of life before we moved.

I really haven't had many baby dreams. I guess that is a good thing, but I like dreaming of baby!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 2nd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Kasey36's Avatar Mommy of 2 soon :)
Yes I have some crazy dreams for sure!! Your dream turned out to be so sweet
April 2nd, 2012, 12:14 PM
Veteran
Phew, thank goodness I'm not the only one having strange dreams. I've not yet had any about baby but (and this is gonna sound totally off the wall), in my dream the other night, I was trying to catch a mouse. In reality, with the weather being so funky (cold to hot) in OH, we've caught two this year. Mind you, we live in an older, rehabbed victorian home in the county and, therefore, are prone to the uninvited guests of the nearby fields (spiders/snakes - YUCK!) Anyways, in the dream, I awoke to begin my daily routine for work - shower @ 5:30 am, etc. As I was walking to the BR (without my glasses...I let the shower wake me completely lol), this "thing" runs in front of me and is traveling at such a great speed that it runs into the utility closet door that it is trying to skid under. So, as I put my glasses on to get a closer look at the beast (the mouse), figuring it's knocked itself out, I realize it is, in fact, NO mouse but, in lieu, 2 "brownies" (small people from the movie Willow - 1980's???), about a foot of so tall. After I freak, I ask the "brownie" man and woman (in their 60s) whooowhat they are doing in my house? They reply that they live there. How strange is that? Dagonit, I told hubby not to make that choc cake lol. Everytime I eat something sweet (esp. ice cream) b/f bed, my dreams are intensified that much more. WIERD
April 2nd, 2012, 12:22 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow that was a really weird dream. I'm glad it helped you accept the possibility of another boy. And I LOL'd a bit at the end of your dream about returning the machine. I probably would have a dream like that.

I've had LOTS of weird dreams this time. I've dreamed about dinosaurs saving vampires from bad humans (apparently in that one only vampires are good people!?). In another, I dreamed that I HAD to have every guy I met LOVE me. LOL Including gas station attendants, the teenage guy at McDonalds, and the fathers of all the kids in my daughters' classes. *crazy!*

I had a dream a few nights ago that my parents were trying to take my kids...So DH and I took them and ran away to Texas. I feel like in my dream TX was another country but I can't be sure. My sister lives there lol.

April 2nd, 2012, 12:34 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a wonderful dream

I had my first dream about the baby about a week ago. In my dream we had a baby boy and DH kept commenting that he was such a handsome little boy. For some reason DH kept leaving the hospital which upset me.

Then about 4 nights ago I had a really crazy dream. Some man was yelling up to our upstairs window that he wanted his tools back. We didn't have his tools and DH yelled back at him that we don't have his tools. He replied that he would just crawl through the window and get them himself. DH obviously didn't take him seriously and went back in another room. I left for a few minutes then came back to look at the window and the man had out a ladder all the way to our son's upstairs bedroom window and was in the middle of climbing through it. I yelled to DH that the man was climbing through the window. I took our son in the another room while DH went to confront the man. I heard a lot of wrestling around. then the man came out of the room in the room where the kids and I were holding a small steak knife. I was yelling for DH and he was not responding. I couldn't figure out what happened.

At that point I woke up scared as could be. Luckily it happened on DH's night off so he was home to comfort me. I totally made him lock all the window's before he left for work the next night. We don't always lock our windows since it has been so nice we have had them open many days/evenings lately.

April 2nd, 2012, 05:11 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh gosh, I keep having dream after dream each time I go back to sleep. Sounds normal

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
April 2nd, 2012, 05:27 PM
luvmyabsolute's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to luvmyabsolute
Oh the weirdness of my dreams, I have at least one a night. Sounds like a pretty cool dream though.

*!*!*Thank you Vicki... For my Great Siggie*!*!*

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 3rd, 2012, 01:03 AM
Super Mommy
Oh gosh yes!

A few nights ago I had a dream that I was dating this man who I met at some sort of mall that had hotel rooms in the back. Me and my friend were arguing over who got him, and they hit it off really well at first, but they realized him and I were perfect for each other, not the other way around, and we were together in that first night. (My body totally felt in love). I don't remember meeting him in real life, but gosh. But, he had to go away for some reason (The man seemed really foreign) and I found another guy who was completely amazing. He would take me out to baseball games and to the theatre and drive me around and make sure to show me off. I felt completely wanted and loved. But then the other man came back and I was so torn.

Suddenly I was pregnant and BOTH men thought it was theirs. Since I couldn't recall who I had dtd with, I let them both believe that they were the father since they didn't know each other. They both took me to meet their parents who completely spoiled me. In the end, the first man left again and I realized that the babys father was the second man anyway.

My dream ended with the baby in my arms and us all at a baseball game together meeting Bradley Cooper. He was excited because apparently he knew my now fiance (I don't remember being proposed to?!) and he was super happy for us. I was in total shock, lol.

April 3rd, 2012, 07:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL..I was dreaming the other night that I tracked my doctor down at a party because I was afraid something was wrong with the baby..It was a suit and tie affair but I showed up in my night gown and slippers..He was really upset...LOL..OOPS..Crazy dreams!

April 3rd, 2012, 09:45 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Every night I have crazy dreams. I always remember them too. Last night I dreamed that we had some sort of aquarium in our house and it had a log ride (the kind where you get wet at the end with a big splash) except to ride it you laid down in the water and just clung onto a big foam fish to keep your head from going under water lol.

The other night I had a dream about a guy I went to high school with. We were still in school I *think*. I kept seeing the guy, but everyone kept telling me he died. Then I saw a news paper article that said he died from "traumatic cancer"? in like 92, so that was weird.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search