Being done and the procedures to do so.

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By amazing_love
  • 1 Post By luvmyabsolute
  • 1 Post By LovesTheRain

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2012, 12:36 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh and I decided this baby will be our last. The plan was for us both to get it done, I would get my tubes tied and he was have the big V. Well I guess he's been doing research at work and he decided he doesn't want me to get my tubes tied. He found all kinds of data that doing so can cause a hormonal imbalance that you may not notice at first but can progressively change your moods. He also doesn't like that it's considered a surgery and doesn't want to put me through that. So he volunteered to be the one to have a procedure done.

Is anyone else done after this? What are your plans? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

April 2nd, 2012, 12:42 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
this is probably going to be our last, but with how long it takes me to get pregnant I am not going to be jumping in to anything right away.

Maybe if our finances improve DH will change his mind.

If we do decide to move forward with permanent BC I am looking into essure.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 2nd, 2012, 12:48 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
This will be our last and we have also done tons of research and I will not get my tubes tied. TONS of people in my sons playroom regret getting theirs tied due to all the hormone, bleeding issues they now have. I am sure many people have had it done with no issues, but it scares the crap out of me! My DH has offered to get the snip when the time is right. Good on your DH for doing some research

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
April 2nd, 2012, 12:49 PM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
I will be getting my tubes tied after this baby is born. I am more comfortable with my husband getting a vasectomy (much for the same reasons you pointed out!) but he is being a wussy about it. I don't do well with hormonal birth control and don't like the idea of an IUD. (it just kinda creeps me out, just sitting in there. I don't know why)

April 2nd, 2012, 01:01 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We won't be after this baby but once we are done DH will get a V. It is much less invasive and very little recovery time compared to getting tubes tied. If i was getting a c-section it might be a different story since i would be getting a surgery anyway but i don't plan on that. Of course no guy is excited about getting one but look at everything we women have to go through! I think its the least they can do after we gave birth to their children

April 2nd, 2012, 01:11 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We haven't even thought this far into the future! We aren't sure how many kids we want, but we want a minimum of 3 or 4. I'm not really comfortable with "permanent" solutions for either of us, maybe way down the road, but not even on the list of thoughts to tackle right now.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 2nd, 2012, 01:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We really don't need birth control. I don't think we'll ever end up with the number of kids we had originally "planned" on (5-6ish), so I don't think we'll ever be "done". Nature will probably decide for us.

In our long TTC journey, I was shocked at the number of people who were TTC after either a tubal reversal or vasectomy reversal. I couldn't believe how many people who were "sure" they were done just a few years earlier were suddenly desperate for another child. Sometimes the reason was remarriage after divorce or loss of a spouse, the loss of a child, etc, sometimes they had simply changed their mind. Things do change and I would never want to take away my option to try for another child.

My Ovulation Chart
April 2nd, 2012, 01:35 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
We are done and I will be having a c-section, so I had thought about getting my tubes tied. But I am still doing a lot of research on it. If I wasn't, I would tell DH to just get the big V done. Still might do that.
April 2nd, 2012, 01:44 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really don't think we are "done". This will be baby #5 but we always wanted a large family and I do not feel comfortable doing anything permanent as far as birth control. For 9 years DH used the pullout method and it worked just fine Somehow, I never really thought the pullout method was reliable, but it actually worked fine for us.

April 2nd, 2012, 02:28 PM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed Mommy Of 5 View Post
I really don't think we are "done". This will be baby #5 but we always wanted a large family and I do not feel comfortable doing anything permanent as far as birth control. For 9 years DH used the pullout method and it worked just fine Somehow, I never really thought the pullout method was reliable, but it actually worked fine for us.
The pull out method worked for us for almost 5 years. My husband 'slipped up' once and bam! Baby! I can also vouch that if done right, pull out works well!

April 2nd, 2012, 05:15 PM
luvmyabsolute's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to luvmyabsolute
I am getting the Essure. It is non invasive, its just springs that the doctor puts in your uterus through your vagina. You don't even have to be put to sleep to have the procedure done. The springs cause scar tissue in your Fallopian tubes and doesn't allow the little swimmers to go through the barrier. You do have to use protection the first 3 months or you could possibly get pregnant, but you go in after 3 months and they inject dye into your uterus and then do and ultrasound to make sure the dye does not go through the springs and scar tissue. It is a good alternative and I was told by my midwife that it is more effective than tubal ligation.

That being said I just found out today that my friend is 7 weeks pregnant, this is her SECOND child since she had her tubes tied about 8 years ago! LOL
3Sapphires likes this.

*!*!*Thank you Vicki... For my Great Siggie*!*!*

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 2nd, 2012, 07:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was thinking of getting my tubes tied, but would rather my husband get a vasectomy for the reasons noted...but he also is being a wuss. I am seriously considering getting an IUD at this point if I can't convince him.
April 2nd, 2012, 07:15 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Vasectomy is SO much less invasive, and way easier to recover from. When we're done, that's what DH will do. Heck, he threatens me all the time that he's just going to have one of the urologists do it someday while he's at work, and I would just never know. I'd kill him, but seriously, it's that simple.

April 3rd, 2012, 03:17 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
I had thought of getting tubal ligation since I will be open for a c-section anyway, we know we are done. Neither of us ever wanted more than two, our family now feels complete so neither of us are worried about regretting the decision later on.

But the Essure sounds brilliant, I have too heard too many stories of ladies getting pregnant after their tubes were tied. lol

April 3rd, 2012, 05:51 AM
Super Mommy
Im getting my tubes tied. We never wanted more than two, and three times we've been blessed with unplanned babies. After all the drama with this child, there is NO way I'm willing to go through it again. Oh man, If I got pregnant after my tubes were tied, Id be madder than a hornet!
YumPickles likes this.
April 3rd, 2012, 06:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im having my tubes tied this time..I can't take hormone birth control because for one it doesnt work..All three of my kids are birth control babies(except the new baby)..Ive known several women to have it done and the recover time is next to none..My doc will do it day of delivery..Its a laproscopic procedure nowdays and very uninvasive..it also does not mess with hormones unless they somehow manage to damage and ovary in the process which is so rare its not worth mentioning. my husbands having a vasectomy as well just because he know's he's done with kids and if something were to happen and we were with different ppl he just doesnt want any more kids.

April 3rd, 2012, 06:35 AM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The though of a "permanent" fixing makes me feel very uncomfortable! I think that since I dealt with the thought of never having kids the thought of making it so that neither I nor my boyfriend would have more seems incredibly sad. I may change my mind later but just the thought now, even if we were done, scares me. I don't think I could make that choice and I would rather wait for nature to determine it. :-)

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

April 3rd, 2012, 06:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm getting the paraguard IUD for now and then if/when we decide we are done having kids, DH is getting snipped snipped. This is likely our last baby but we don't want to jump the gun until we're sure

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search