Two things missing...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2012, 03:06 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Weight gain and round ligament pain.

Is this odd at 14 weeks? I keep analyzing my pregnancy like "is this normal?" it just seems like I should have both these things by now! My weight hasn't gone up much at all (my weight fluctuates a couple pounds and it has stayed in that range) and I have only experienced BRIEF moments of RLP... maybe two or three times now where I felt a sharp pain when I moved/coughed. I know I am still small so RLP may come to me pretty soon but the no weight gain thing seems strange to me.

April 2nd, 2012, 03:10 PM
nroundtr's Avatar Veteran
I didn't start gaining anything until my 16th week, so I'm betting you're ok. And it's only been in the last two weeks (16th and 17th weeks) that the RLP has really hit. Like you, I had small episodes prior to that but since 16 weeks, I have to really be careful how fast I move.

April 2nd, 2012, 03:43 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I usually gain 5lbs or less in the first 20 weeks and always end up gaining right around 25lbs so I wouldn't be worried about it. Also not having round ligament pain at 14 weeks is not a big deal. It has been different with each pregnancy with me. I had some early on in the pregnancy but have hardly had any the past two weeks.

[
April 2nd, 2012, 03:45 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You have nothing to worry about!! That is absolutely normal!! Some women lose weight during their pregnancy, and others gain 50+ pounds. Everyone is different! As far as the round ligament pain, just consider yourself lucky you haven't experienced more of it

April 2nd, 2012, 04:06 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm opposite- I have lots of both round ligament pain and weight gain! haha, i'd rather be on your end! Definitely nothing to worry about. I can't remember having RLP at all with my son's pregnancy.

April 2nd, 2012, 04:11 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
It's totally normal. I didn't get RLPs until much later in pregnancy with my first. I think I'm only getting them so early now because it's my 4th. And, I've never gained weight early in any of my pregnancies. I'm 17 weeks, and still haven't gained any, and I'm still net down from pre-pregnancy due to M/S. My MW wasn't at all concerned last week! I typically start gaining after 20wks and stay around 18lb gain total. You'll find that all women are different and when it comes to weight gain, there really is a wide variation of what is healthy in a pregnancy. You're totally fine!!! Don't worry at all about it!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 2nd, 2012, 04:26 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you girls! I'm thankful to not be ballooning up already, but one of those things where you know some weight gain is healthy - just wanted to see if I should be doing something different!

April 2nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most of your weight gain will be in the last trimester. I'm actually down 25 lbs from my prepregnancy weight. I've stablized and haven't lost any since I stopped throwing up at 13 weeks, but I usually won't start putting any of that back on until 22-24 weeks. You should be fine even if you haven't started putting any weight on yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search