Man I totally want..

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By YumPickles

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2012, 09:12 AM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
I am super craving sushi! Piles and piles of gorgeous sushi with tons of wasabi and pickled ginger. I think I could eat a dozen rolls, easy!

I'm sure I could be satisfied with the cooked/smoked fish, or the vegetarian rolls, but I don't know where I would get it. We live in the middle of an area that does not support places like sushi bars. (The closest thing we have around here are Chinese buffets, yuck!)

What are you all craving lately?
Starstrydergrrl likes this.

April 3rd, 2012, 09:19 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
Sushi sounds AMAZING!!!!!!! Salmon cream cheese rolls, spider roll, rainbow roll, shrimp tempura roll, a couple pieces of unagi and maguro. YUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
April 3rd, 2012, 09:45 AM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I eat sushi, but not sashimi. I just stay away from the uncooked stuff, and usually have crab/shrimp. You can make your own if you're not in an area that has a good sushi restaurant. It's pretty easy. I have a yummy sushi rice recipe if you're interested.

April 3rd, 2012, 10:00 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know where you live, but you don't have any grocery store like Festival or Pick&Save in your area? They all have sushi (MOSTLY the cooked kind). I like the spicy rolls with sesames on them or avocado.

April 3rd, 2012, 10:16 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
I am with you, always sushi...lol we are lucky though that there is one within 10 min drive and they make amazing vegetarian ones with cream cheese.

April 3rd, 2012, 10:30 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't like sushi so that's never an issue during pregnancy My biggest cravings lately are scalloped potatoes (weird i know), grapes (settling on these but what i really want is watermelon!), chocolate (as always), ice cream, artichokes!! (Can't get enough) and i've been deciding to eat tomato soup to try to balance out my calorie intake because i really don't want to gain another 5 lbs before my next appt!

April 3rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
Kaema's Avatar Kris
Send a message via AIM to Kaema Send a message via MSN to Kaema
I've also been craving good sushi. My favorite rolls are eel based ones which are cooked anyways so I don't have to skip out! I can't wait until DBF gets paid because I'm making him pick up my favorite roll for lunch on Friday from the place right up the road from me which has the best sushi in town. Check out Publix. Most of the ones I have seen have fresh made sushi and I've been quite pleased with the flavor.

Oh, and bulgogi! I cannot get enough of it. I will eat it until I am stuffed. Not far from the farm I work at on weekends is an amazing little Korean place that has the best sushi and bulgogi. It's worth the 45 minute drive. Only two waitresses for the whole restaurant, but they literally jog/run/scurry from table to table. Best food and service. Life is really good when we can get sushi and bulgogi at the same meal.

Thank you GraysMama for my gorgeous siggy!

Last edited by Kaema; April 3rd, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
April 3rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
I have never tried it. I don't like the idea of raw fish. Although it looks like its not all raw. I don't live somewhere where it would be sold anywhere around here and don't think i would trust it if it was

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
April 3rd, 2012, 11:10 AM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't eat sushi. I did just eat a huge bowl of grapes and called it lunch though. They are hitting the spot.

April 3rd, 2012, 11:18 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been craving lunchmeat like a crazy mad insane person. It stinks not being able to have it,especially with baseball season starting. Nice cold turkey and cheese hoagie with extra tomato and pickles.

It was a ritual for DH and I to get hoagies and watch the Phillies.. He has promised to bring one to the hospital after the baby is born

Ashley
Ashley
April 3rd, 2012, 11:37 AM
Pleione's Avatar Momtographer
A weird craving for celery and blue cheese. Must be related to my love for hot wings. It seems I instantly crave whatever is seen on television these days. Weird or what?
April 3rd, 2012, 06:05 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
Quote:
I have been craving lunchmeat like a crazy mad insane person. It stinks not being able to have it,especially with baseball season starting. Nice cold turkey and cheese hoagie with extra tomato and pickles.

It was a ritual for DH and I to get hoagies and watch the Phillies.. He has promised to bring one to the hospital after the baby is born
If you get desperate there are some nicer lunch meats that don't have the nitrite/nitrates in them and you can heat them up to kill the listeria and then put them in the freezer for a couple minutes before you make a sandwich! I've done it a few times in past pregnancies.

I'm also completely craving sushi!!!!!!!!!!!! Even an avocado roll would do, but alas there's no sushi to be found within an hour of here. (and if there were I wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole!)

Oh, and pickles. I neeeed pickles. And feta cheese (which I had a friend tell me I could also heat up to do my own pasteurizing on - why did I never think of that!?!?!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search