Gender Reveal Ideas...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By smashley8

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2012, 11:11 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay so originally I thought I would be way to impatient to wait for a gender reveal, but the more I think about it, it just seems so fun and meaningful! SO I am thinking of doing one but I don't want to deal with cake or balloons and all that stuff and I feel bad asking one of our friends to go through the trouble of putting it all together so I was trying to come up with a more simple idea.

I was thinking of buying a girl outfit and a boy outfit and all the stuff to wrap them with, and having someone wrap the outfit that goes with the gender of the baby and DH, DD, and I can open it together and video it for our family.

Thoughts? I would love some other ideas other than the typical balloons and cake idea. I think those are cute but used all the time! I just want something simple that I can buy the stuff for and have someone put together but isn't time consuming AT ALL. (wrapping a gift takes just a couple minutes! That's why I was thinking of this...)

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 4th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
the cupcakery who is doing our cupcakes said she did one where the couple came in and picked out different flavors for a boy and for a girl ahead of time, then they went in with the ultrasound results, she wrapped them up and the couple went to a park and opened them....they knew that the key lime cupcake meant boy!

I thought that was cute

April 4th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyz View Post
the cupcakery who is doing our cupcakes said she did one where the couple came in and picked out different flavors for a boy and for a girl ahead of time, then they went in with the ultrasound results, she wrapped them up and the couple went to a park and opened them....they knew that the key lime cupcake meant boy!

I thought that was cute
That is cute! I was trying to think of something maybe ice cream related too and that could work for ice cream too, it would just not last very long lol.

April 4th, 2012, 11:47 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
Also, on the cupcake idea... You can do whatever flavor cupcakes and then have a cup of some white batter reserved you add pink or blue food coloring to. When the cupcakes have been filled half way with the batter regular batter, then spoon on just a tsp. of the colored batter into the middle. When you frost them after they bake you can't see what color the drop was. Everyone could take a bite of their cupcake at once to find out pink or blue.

Also, you could do the fortune cookie thing where you replace the fortunes in the cookies. Takes a bit of time and patience, but it does work.
April 4th, 2012, 11:59 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a super cute idea for an egg hunt on Easter but alas I'm not sure if they will even give us a guess at my appt Friday since I'm still early! If it's obvious though I'm gonna do something like that for my family! What about some kind of scavenger hunt for your daughter where the big find at the end is something little brother/sister related?
bettyearl likes this.

April 4th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyearl View Post
Also, on the cupcake idea... You can do whatever flavor cupcakes and then have a cup of some white batter reserved you add pink or blue food coloring to. When the cupcakes have been filled half way with the batter regular batter, then spoon on just a tsp. of the colored batter into the middle. When you frost them after they bake you can't see what color the drop was. Everyone could take a bite of their cupcake at once to find out pink or blue.

Also, you could do the fortune cookie thing where you replace the fortunes in the cookies. Takes a bit of time and patience, but it does work.
I think these are all super cute ideas, but again, way too much for for just the 3 of us! I just want something simple, quick, and easy!

I was even thinking with the gift idea, I can go buy something at a store that already DOES giftwrapping, and them just do it all and I don't have to ask a friend to do it period!

April 4th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Regular
You might be surprised how many friends would eagerly jump at the chance to do it! I had three volunteer before I even finished explaining my idea. Ha! We are doing the balloon thing, and I'm just going to buy pink and blue balloons ahead of time and give them to my girlfriend. But, there are so many cute and easy things you could do. My kids are obsessed with playing with balloons, so I knew we would have the balloons around our house for several days getting hit around and they would love it! :-) But, it sure is going to be hard for me to turn over that sealed envelope to my friend without peaking inside first!
April 4th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the outfits wrapped up is a cute idea! I haven't decided 100% yet but I think we will do both the balloons and cupcakes. I'd love to hear more gender reveal ideas!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search