Swimwear

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By momma_d
  • 1 Post By 3Sapphires
  • 1 Post By bettyearl
  • 3 Post By Brannyt
  • 2 Post By InnocentDevil
  • 1 Post By Angelamomtomany
  • 1 Post By amazing_love
  • 1 Post By RunningMommyTo5
  • 1 Post By Lyz
  • 1 Post By 2Reasons2Smile
  • 1 Post By MJTKNT
  • 1 Post By wishfulgal
  • 1 Post By mommyto2littlegirlies
  • 1 Post By NYCgirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2012, 12:56 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lets talk swimwear! Summer is fast approaching and if you live where its hot, sticky, and humid, you know that pool is going to be calling your name soon!

What kind of swimwear do you wear when you are pregnant?:

Do you prefer to avoid pools/beaches all together or do you embrace the belly?:

I just got this top in black and white at Target.
Mossimo® Womens Mix & Match Stripe Tankini Swim ... : Target

It isn't maternity but it will work for the first half of summer at least and it's super cute! Last pregnancy I didn't give a rip and just wore my bikini's all summer! This time around I feel uncomfortable letting it all hang out and decided to cover up a little bit since our apartment pool is shared and even at our friends house we go to a lot, I just feel weird having my pregnant belly hanging out all over the place! It must come with age! LOL
LovesTheRain likes this.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 4th, 2012, 01:03 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
haha! your kidding right? I wouldn't be caught dead in a swim suit pregnant or not!

WE go creaking and I just wear old shorts and a tee shirt.
LovesTheRain likes this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 4th, 2012, 01:11 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
That's way cute and I bet it would work for a good while! I haven't bought anything... still hoping to get some hand-me-downs or used bargains before I actually buy something, but I would like to hit the pool at some point, and my boys are supposed to be taking swimming lessons this summer so it would be a good time for me to join in too. I'm definitely the cover-the-tummy type, but like the tankini idea for quick trips to the bathroom. I had a suit I loved last time! Unfortunately one of those things I gave away!
LovesTheRain likes this.

April 4th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Brannyt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wore my normal bikini last time and I will this time too! I don't care what anyone else thinks. My chest and rear are completely covered, and I honestly think pregnancy is beautiful, so I'm not going to hide it.

LOVE my siggy, thank you Meganpixel!!!!!!
April 4th, 2012, 01:54 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
I'll need one because I take Kelly to the water park a lot. I embrace the belly. If people think it's gross, then shame on them. They don't have to look. I don't feel ashamed oy my pregnant body. That being said, I will be getting a tankini to cover my belly, mainly because with it sticking out so far, it's more apt to get burned. LOL.

I really like this one...
Babydoll Maternity Tankini Swimsuit | Motherhood Maternity
Brannyt and LovesTheRain like this.

Last edited by InnocentDevil; April 4th, 2012 at 01:59 PM.
April 4th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a suit from Old Navy. Cheap and cute.
LovesTheRain likes this.
Angela; Mom to S,K,R,J,E,C,N and #8 coming soon (ish).

April 4th, 2012, 04:01 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The one you bought is cute! The style wouldn't cover my massive boobs well enough though.. That's my problem. I tried on the few maternity swimsuits at Target and my boobs are already not contained in them!! It may be worse come summer.. I had this problem when i was breastfeeding and bought a swim suit that covers them well and holds them in place but it shows my stomach. I've decided if i can't find a tankini (still hoping to) then i'll just get over it and show off the belly. I like to be modest but don't feel like the stomach is inappropriate to show, i'm just more comfortable with it covered. My biggest issue with bikinis is they usually show too much boob but mine doesn't show any so it will work if need be.
LovesTheRain likes this.

April 4th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Sapphires View Post
haha! your kidding right? I wouldn't be caught dead in a swim suit pregnant or not!

WE go creaking and I just wear old shorts and a tee shirt.
Yeah it's not a pretty picture for me. IF i wear one i cover it with shorts and a tank top.

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
April 4th, 2012, 04:28 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
We will be living at the pool and I don't avoid at all, I just embrace my belly! In fact, I've never bought a maternity swimsuit, LOL. I just wear my normal bikinis and FULLY embrace my belly. I've gotten nothing but positive feedback from most everyone, too. So many women tell me they love that I'm not ashamed of a beautiful pregnant belly and hide it. And for the ones who may give me weird looks or say things, just not to my face, I'm honestly too hot to care, LOL. If you don't like my belly, then don't look at it!!!
LovesTheRain likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 4th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
we're going to FL in May so I'll be about 6.5 months and I fully plan to wear my bikinis I have a maternity tankini from last time and I'll bring it in case I chicken out but i's not like I'll see those people again so who cares

The summer I'll be at my parents pool so it doesn't matter what I wear!
LovesTheRain likes this.

April 4th, 2012, 06:36 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
I will be wearing my regular bikinis mainly but I did buy off a friend her maternity tankini as it was just to nice to pass up.
LovesTheRain likes this.
April 4th, 2012, 06:53 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I ordered this one for our trip last week: Old Navy

It's kind of big, but not so much that it looked like I was wearing a maternity suit, really. I really liked the way it fit, but could probably worn a size smaller than I ordered (my pre-preg size). It was just a little longer, and double layered with rouching in the front, so it hid my belly button cavern that I have going on.
LovesTheRain likes this.

April 5th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty modest and don't wear bikinis at all, so I'll need something b/c I plan to take DS swimming alot this summer. I have a really cute Liz Lange maternity tankini that I got for $1 on an aquaintance's garage sale. BUT it is size small and although it fits perfectly right now I'm thinking by August I might need more room in the belly area. But we'll see. I'm going to try to make it work.
LovesTheRain likes this.

My Ovulation Chart
April 5th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Veteran
My past two pregnancies I was much larger than I am now. I preferred then to avoid pools altogether. I finally made it to my pre-children weight, woo-hoo, over the last 18 months, so I'm a whole lot smaller this go round. I actually just ordered the same tankini that MJTKNT ordered. I also have another tankini my sis in law gave me that is cute. I'm not one to wear a bikini, but I'll definitely be sporty the tankini! We have a neighborhood pool now so I'm glad I'm a wee bit confident in my appearance
LovesTheRain likes this.
April 5th, 2012, 12:47 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I just always wear my regular bikini. I have a tank type one for the indoor pool though.
LovesTheRain likes this.

April 5th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Super Mommy
I love that Danielle! Its super cute. I too, like Krista said, would have to prolly wear a reg. bikini top under it though, cuz that wouldnt hold up my huge boobs. I live in Florida, and my kids are already begging me to get in the water, so i HAVE to buy one this weekend. I feel like its more important to cover my boobs than my belly, and tankini's usually dont have the boob support... but like mentioned before, Im worried about burning my beach ball stomach. haha. So a little top like the one you bought would be nice to take on or off depending on the heat. I plan to be golden by delivery.
April 5th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got a really cute tankini type top from target in their maternity section last week. Love it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search