TMI Alert!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 3Sapphires
  • 1 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5
  • 2 Post By palmetto_moon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Super Mommy
Constipation. I have it, and it's BAD. Last night I was (tmi) farting up a storm! So I figured hey, finally, time to go and get this over with. Boy was I wrong. I ended up on the potty for FORTY minutes, and by the end there was a puddle of blood in the toilet from my behind. Poor thing is STILL sore.

Anyone else having this 'problem'? What are some good pooping foods? Gross, I know. Lol.

April 4th, 2012, 06:14 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh I am so sorry!

I have been majorly constipated. Even with taking a stool softner every day. Grape juice, prune juice, prunes. those can help...
CaliMommy likes this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 4th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been suffering from constipation as well. I really haven't found much to help. I have tried drinking extra water, not helping. My OB said Metamucil, but it just sounds disgusting to me so I haven't tried it. I don't think I could stomach prune juice.
CaliMommy likes this.

April 4th, 2012, 07:17 PM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been pretty constipated too. I normally go once every few days when I remember to take my prenatal everyday. And I have been drinking grape juice non stop...buying it from costco so I get the big jugs! I am even taking a stool softener. The only thing that has helped me is skipping my prenatal for two days. But that's because I really doforget!

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

April 4th, 2012, 09:02 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Drink a big cup of coffee. Seriously. I know some ladies aren't too keen on caffinee while preggo but it helps! Just don't do it late in the afternoon or evening if you aren't used to drinking it or you might end up awake all night...try a cup in the morning and see what happens. Alternately, I suppose you could go through McDonalds and get a big iced frappe if you don't care for hot coffee.....
Hope you find something that helps! Constipation sucks...
Panda and CaliMommy like this.

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 4th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
Miralax? Prunes work amazingly also. Get lots of water in.

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
April 4th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
Ripe Mango if you can get your hands on some, works wonders. Warm applejuice works as well apparently. Yogurt, also acidophilus which is safe to use during pregnancy - it is a probiotic.

April 5th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the bleeding problem. I don't know how they 'fix' it, and the thought of how they might fix it scares me. I've had the problem for a while now. Sometimes it really hurts to go, but I haven't been able to NOT go and get constipated. If miralax works and gets rid of the bleeding then **** right I'll chug it like an old person lol

April 5th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Veteran
I would say as an alternative to Metamucil, you could try Benefiber - it completely dissolves in water (tasteless) and is more of a fiber rather than a stool softener. You can also add it to food substance, like cottage cheese, yogurt, etc. (or even coffee or your fav. drink). Miralax works wonders but, you must be careful - if going "too much" after taking it becomes bothersome, resort to taking every other day. It really did the trick for me after trying prunes, juices, benefiber, etc. - And it (Miralax) better, after it costed me an arm and a leg at the drug store lol
April 5th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Veteran
I have been suffering with this as well. My doctor recommended Miralax and it has worked well for me. It dissolves (I won't say completely) in juice. I usually mix it in OJ, you can't taste it at all, but it is a bit grainy. Good Luck! You are not alone!
April 5th, 2012, 09:04 AM
nroundtr's Avatar Veteran
I have had Crohn's disease since high school so I don't remember what constipation is like for "normal" people. I honestly thought that it wouldn't be an issue as I've had a bowel resection which has made it so that prepregnancy I was going at least 2 times a day with very soft stools. Not the case, though.

I've had to clean out my digestive tract for surgery and several colonoscopies and I can't keep the normal stuff they prescribe down long enough for it to work, so now they tell me to buy Miralax and dissolve it in lemon gatorade (but not any other flavor...I learned the hard way). It works...it tastes like lemon gatorade, not nastiness, and it helps you go. I would take it on an "as needed" basis - not daily, though - as Brandiwine3 said, you don't want to go too much.

Last edited by nroundtr; April 5th, 2012 at 09:08 AM.
April 5th, 2012, 09:21 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Applesauce, fresh fruit, warm prune juice (I had to drink this in the hossy when I was in labor with DD bc I was so constipated-- and honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and worked!), COFFEE for sure, apple/fruit juice, extra water (ugh!), walking/being active to get things moving! lol

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 5th, 2012, 09:53 AM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I almost wish I had that problem. I'm sorry you're suffering. I have the opposite issue.

April 5th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto2littlegirlies View Post
I have been suffering with this as well. My doctor recommended Miralax and it has worked well for me. It dissolves (I won't say completely) in juice. I usually mix it in OJ, you can't taste it at all, but it is a bit grainy. Good Luck! You are not alone!
Put some in your cup, add a itty bitty bit of hot water, swish it around and then add your cold drink. It will be completely melted and not grainy at all

Miralax can also take up to 3 days to work. Once it does work like others have said pull back on the dose or days you take it until your regular. Might take a lil bit to find your happy medium. We have had to use this since a very very young age with my son so I feel like i have it down to a science now LOL Sad i know

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
April 5th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
coffee and apple juice
oh and spinach

April 5th, 2012, 04:38 PM
hikermama's Avatar Veteran
dried fruit, zucchini, onions, flax seed, fiber one cereal

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search