Qotd - 4/5

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2012, 04:55 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where do you like to buy your groceries?

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 5th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I shop typically at walmart or aldi's. Sometimes I go to festival (they have the tot spot!) or Pick&Save. We got a new pick&save that is real close, but it's set up SUUUPER weird. Like the produce feels like a maze and the liquor department is in the middle of the store.

April 5th, 2012, 05:39 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my favorite store is Wegmans, I think it is kinda like a trader joes but it is only located in the north east. The prices are great! much lower than our local grocery stores. But I only get out to Wegmans once a month or so, so for the in between trips, I go to walmart and Food Lion (mostly for milk).

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 5th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Super Mommy
Kroger or Publix, usually. If my kids are feeling cooperative, I have a few items I prefer to get at Trader Joes, and if they are feeling uncooperative and I had multiple stops planned, I will sometimes try to get everything at Walmart. Walmart is definitely not my preference though! I don't have any ethical objections to Walmart, but I have serious objections to 50 registers and lines ten people deep in the four that are open. ;-)
April 5th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Well with all the tourists that are down here for the spring and summer I wont shop at walmart at all from March to September. Our walmart is right across from the beach, so it is a nightmare to shop there in the summer. I shop at winn dixie a lot. For some things I go to publix.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

April 5th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Veteran
I prefer to shop at Kroger or Publix, they just opened a new Publix 2 miles from my house. The prices there are slightly higher on just about everything so I usually end up going to Walmart once every two weeks for a big load and then hitting one of the others when we run out of milk, produce, etc.
April 5th, 2012, 06:50 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Publix! I love it there. The employees are friendly and know me and my boys by name. Especially if you coupon, they are an awesome place to get great deals. I try to avoid Walmart at all costs. I go there maybe once or twice a month and it's usually just for toiletries.
nroundtr likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Last edited by RunningMommyTo5; April 5th, 2012 at 07:05 AM.
April 5th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't have many of the more popular grocery stores here. I mostly shop for groceries at Wesselmans. It's closest and I know all of the workers there

Wal-mart is all the way across town.

April 5th, 2012, 07:17 AM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We generally go to Walmart, it's a one-stop shop for us. I don't prefer the meats there, but I'm not eating meat now anyway, so....

April 5th, 2012, 07:48 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
An interesting question - where do I LIKE to shop... ha! Well, we have one grocery store in our town of 1400 people. It is overpriced on nearly everything and I hate shopping there. When we go visit people in SLC, 2.5 hrs away we always stop at Costco and WinCo to stock up on stuff we can buy much more cheaply there. Our closest other store is 45 minutes away (an overpriced WalMart or Smiths) or 1hr 15m away (a more standard WalMart and Smiths, also a retail mall... kinda). I do a lot of shopping online, but not for food. No health food stores in those locations though. I so wish we had a Trader Joe's around here.
Also, I do bountiful baskets whenever I remember to login on Mondays at noon - they're in a lot of states, you should check them out if you eat a lot of fruits and veggies. Bountiful Baskets It's a huge savings - like finding each and every one of the products on the best sale possible, and they keep it as local as possible. You never know what you're going to get exactly, but there is always lettuce and usually bananas as well. The bread they offer is also exceptional - we always get it too.
April 5th, 2012, 09:18 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aldis, Giant, Thriftway, and/or Redners. I'll go to all 4 in one shopping trip if they all have awesome sales going on, but for the most part I only have to go to 1 or 2 per week. They are all 10 minutes or less away from our house so I don't feel like I'm wasting money on gas compared to what I'm saving

Another plus is that I buy in bulk when on sale (esp for meats) so most of our weekly shopping trips consist of only needing to buy bread, milk, OJ, and fruits. Actually we have so much food in the pantry and freezer we could probably live off of it for months..

April 5th, 2012, 09:21 AM
nroundtr's Avatar Veteran
Publix is my favorite grocer. We live in a very "anti-growth" town (which is awesome!) and they make Walmart stay on the fringes of town, so it's not really convenient even if I wanted to shop there (which I don't as I have the same objections as mommysoon). There's a Publix within 3 miles of our house in any direction we go, so it's also convenient.

April 5th, 2012, 09:24 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we are a military family so we shop at the commissary. i hate it, poor selection and rude staff! but when we lived in the states i used o shop at cosco a lot

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

April 5th, 2012, 09:29 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wellll I LIKE to shop at Trader Joes, but since there isn't one opened here yet (coming soon- eek!) I have to compromise. I like to get my produce & veggies @ Sprouts (its sort of like a Trader Joes, but doesn't really compare) and for everything else we usually go to WalMart simply because they opened one right by our apartments and its never busy bc its a smaller one compared to the others in the area. However, I hate their meat and DH and I were just saying we are done buying meat there last night! They closed the Albertsons by us, and there is a Tom Thumb but it is a pain to get to bc it is in such a busy/high traffic area. So for now, WalMart & Sprouts it is.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 5th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't heard of half of these places

I ususally shop at King Soopers (Kroger) but just because that's the closest one to my house. Before we moved I shopped at Wal-Mart.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
April 5th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Shop Rite and Pathmark typically. Sometimes Target but they can be pricey...

April 5th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
I live in a town of 800 people. We do have a store but its costly so we rarely go there. We drive to a smaller town close by that has AMAZING fruits and veggies called Fareway or we shop at Walmart (30 mins away) esp for paper and beauty products. We do go to Trader Joes every 3 months which is 2 hrs away as it has tons of foods my son can eat with his allergies and we go to another store called Hyvee to the health food section for other things we can get for him.

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
April 5th, 2012, 12:19 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm with others who LIKE to shop at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, but there aren't either in my town, so instead I shop at Meijer when I have a big trip since it's across town (but is my first pick), County Market when I'm in a pinch (b/c it's a mile from my house), and Aldi when I need some basics that I know are less out there.

April 5th, 2012, 12:28 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't "like" to buy my groceries anywhere. LOL. I HATE grocery shopping.

Normally I'll get basics at Aldi's or Sav-A-Lot. I won't buy meat or dairy at those places though. For that I'll go to Wal-Mart or Meijer. I hate Kroger. They're way overpriced. The only time I go there is when they have 10 for 10 deals on something we use often.

April 5th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
Usually Krogers, Brookshires or Albertsons.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search