Tips for feeling baby move/kick :)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5
  • 2 Post By Mrs_Crystal_K

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I found these tips while Googling the subject. I don't know if they work or not, I haven't tried them out yet as far as trying to feel the baby move/kick (other then laying down and being still). We have had a few posts on this subject so this may help some of us. Some of these are probably for when you are further along in pregnancy, and some are sort of common sense as well. And of course I might as well add that baby will kick when baby is ready and we aren't even half way through yet, so there is still lots of time left!

When you're not sure if you're feeling your baby move or not, here are some tips to get the little one to move:
~Lay down and be still
~Drink something with sugar and/or fizz (Sprite®, orange juice, etc.)
~Lay on your stomach
~For an older baby lay briefly on your back (no more than 5 minutes)
~Play music to your belly
~Drink ice cold water
~Gently push on belly with the palm of your hand and baby may "push" back
~Take a warm bath
~Poke or push on your stomach (lightly)
~Place a flashlight on your belly
~Place something hot or cold on your belly
~(copied this): I know this trick from the OB. We needed the baby to move during an ultrasound so we could try to see the sex. They had a small vibrating device that they touched to my belly and she jumped a mile. The first thing I did when I returned home was repeat the trick for my husband by touching my belly with his hair clippers.

Regardless, I guess I am impatient, because I am really looking forward to the baby's movement becoming regular!! I am sort of mad that I don't remember when I felt my babies kicks/movements become regular from my other pregnancies. But geesh it has been 10+ years (my youngest is turning 10 in June). I have it all wrote down in their baby books as well as in my pregnancy books and journals but all of that is packed away and would probably take an entire day to find.

Good Luck and please add any tips you know of or anything that works for you!!

April 5th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks for the tips.... When I read the last one about using a vibrating object my head went right into the gutter
3Sapphires and curlygirl77 like this.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
April 5th, 2012, 10:35 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've tried laying still and poking. Both work really well for me, i've never had to try other things. I poked DS so much that i think i might lay off a bit with this baby but we'll see

April 5th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Veteran
I thought I felt something three days ago- nothing since then! Gonna have to try some of these before I go crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Crystal_K View Post
Thanks for the tips.... When I read the last one about using a vibrating object my head went right into the gutter
Ditto!
April 5th, 2012, 10:49 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I've found most all of these work. Poking and pushing definitely work when babies further along. It was so fun to find their foot and give it a nudge and feel them either kick back or move it to another spot. Right now, I can give Bailey a nudge where I already feel her moving and she'll either jump there again or I'll feel her roll to another spot, LOL.

The fizzy drinks and ice cold drinks work really well. I can feel her jump around almost instantly after drinking right now. Being still is also the best for feeling the earlier movements. I find eating or drinking and then sitting or lying really still immediately after definitely helps early on.

I hope all of our ladies are feeling their sweet babies move soon!!!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 5th, 2012, 10:58 AM
CoolMomof2's Avatar Veteran
I love these ideas and I am going to try all of them tonight until something works !!

My Blog www.workingmaa.com
April 5th, 2012, 02:17 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The ice cold drinks and laying still work for me. I have never done it intentionally but if I am sitting around drinking ice water I usually feel some movement after if I'm really still and no one is moving around on the couch around me!

Also, the flashlight thing really does work! When I was further along with DD I would make my phone light up and put it on my belly face down and she would kick it everytime! Poking never worked on her though. She was a stubborn little thing and still is!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 9th, 2012, 06:58 AM
squiligi's Avatar Veteran
Can't wait to feel. May have to try some of these
April 9th, 2012, 08:17 AM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The warm bath definitely works. Whenever I take a bath (um...nightly), he wiggles around a bit. It's when I feel him most.

April 9th, 2012, 08:39 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
mine uas been quite sporadic so far.. i have only felt movement in the evenings whenlying really still and quiet (when the kids are in bed, ha). but the past few days the baby has been going nuts allll day. i think it could be all the easter goodies i've eaten

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search