Anyone from NYC?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By amazing_love

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Hello!

My name is Anya Rose. I just moved to Union Square from living on a boat off the coast of South America. Talk about a culture shock! I'm in my 15th week right now and would absolutely love to have a girlfriend or two around the same time. I don't know a single girl in the area and literally just got to the states a couple of days ago. Any ages, any races, any languages... haha, just looking for a connection.

Let me know if you want to get together!

Anya.

-I'm 21, having a home birth (preferably in water), and very very open to hearing about ideas on pregnancy. This little one was a surprise! (:
April 6th, 2012, 12:50 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Hi, Anya. I'm just bumping this to the top for you! Many of the ladies aren't around the board much today, probably due to Good Friday and the long Easter weekend. I'm not sure if anyone's is from that area, but I do know there are a couple of ladies up north....welcome and congrats on the pregnancy! Hope you get adjusted to the states quickly!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 6th, 2012, 12:56 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just moved out of the NYC area last year.

I hope you find a good friend. I haven't really met anyone here in our new area.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 6th, 2012, 02:31 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry, not there anymore. Who is your midwife? Why did you pick a homebirth as opposed to one of the fab birthing centers?? My old practice just moved from14th St. She just moved further downtown. I had my daughter at home and it was fab. My boys were both born at St. Lukes-Roosevelt in their birthing center. The rooms are great. Your in a hospital but don't feel like it. It looks like a hotel room with a Jacuzzi for laboring. There are really GREAT mom groups in the area you will have NO trouble meeting loads of hipster moms.

CBS Midwifery CBS Midwifery

Great groups listed here:
moms group Meetups near New York, New York - moms group Meetups - New York

Lots of my mom friends (back in ny) I met at a local coffee shop. We used to meet up as a group of breastfeeding mommy's and that turned into regular playdates as the kids got older then we started a baby sitting co-op it was great. The best part about NYC is there are SO many types of people and groups you can feel them out and find the right one for you! Good Luck!

Last edited by NYCgirl; April 6th, 2012 at 05:10 PM.
April 6th, 2012, 03:43 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!! I'm nowhere near that area but you're always welcome to pick our brains. I know its not quite the same but we have a great group of women who are wonderful at offering support/advice anytime you need it!
Sprinkle 2010 likes this.

April 6th, 2012, 07:00 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Welcome and congrats. I am alos not near you as I am up in Canada
April 6th, 2012, 09:08 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't live anywhere near you either but please stick around or due date club. Even thought we don't all get to hang out in person, this is a great place for support, encouragement and friendship. You are more than welcome to join us here!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search