Sorry I've been MIA..update!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2012, 05:47 PM
MrsB1227's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello ladies,
I joined the birth board soon after finding out I was pregnant and definitely fell off the map after some stressful news. After my first tri screening, I was told my chances of baby having DS were 1 in 40 due to low Papp-A (it's a protein produced during pregnancy). Naturally, I freaked out. I was referred to maternal fetal medicine and had a new blood test done called Maternit21. It can identify whether the baby has DS with 99.1% accuracy. I did not want an amnio so was thrilled to have another option. My results thankfully came back negative and I was finally able to relax!

I will still see maternal fetal medicine and have monthly ultrasounds because the low Papp-A can be an indicator of issues with the placenta that can lead to all sorts of scary stuff i'd rather not think about. So they are monitoring baby to make sure that he is growing well (yes i said HE, I found out at my last ultrasound at 16 weeks that we are having another baby boy!)
Well so far, he is right on track and active and growing wonderfully. I am hopeful that all will be well and I'll have a healthy baby come late August/early Sept. (i might be induced at 39 weeks)

Here is baby's latest pic, taken at 16 weeks 3 days.

Hope all you ladies are well, i am still trying to catch up on posts!
April 5th, 2012, 06:55 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad that you got some good news after that scare. Hope you and baby stay healthy and congrats on your boy!!!

April 5th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your baby boy!!! I am so glad things turned out okay for the baby. I hope everything continues to go well and you have a very happy and healthy pregnancy and baby boy!! Love the u/s pic, sooo cute!!

April 5th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1227 View Post
Hello ladies,
I joined the birth board soon after finding out I was pregnant and definitely fell off the map after some stressful news. After my first tri screening, I was told my chances of baby having DS were 1 in 40 due to low Papp-A (it's a protein produced during pregnancy). Naturally, I freaked out. I was referred to maternal fetal medicine and had a new blood test done called Maternit21. It can identify whether the baby has DS with 99.1% accuracy. I did not want an amnio so was thrilled to have another option. My results thankfully came back negative and I was finally able to relax!
WOW, you could be telling my story. I had one in 30 chance. I also had a new test out this month called Verifi. I am waiting on my results right now. I also did not want an amnio. I hope to hear tomorrow or Monday about the results. Glad your tests came back negative and welcome back to the board

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
April 5th, 2012, 11:16 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad things are going well and congrats on your baby boy!!!! There are SO many baby boys in this DDC. It's crazy! I'm happy you are able to re-join us!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 6th, 2012, 01:22 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congratulations! i hope the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

April 6th, 2012, 01:31 AM
RedRose_xo's Avatar Veteran
So glad you got some good news, congratulations and I hope you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy stress free!

April 6th, 2012, 06:27 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Welcome back and CONGRATS on a baby boy!!!! Another for the current team blue domination, LOL. I hope that he continues to be absolutely healthy and you can relax the rest of your pregnancy.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 6th, 2012, 08:48 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
Wow, look how cute he is!!!! That is wonderful news with the second test results being clear. Hope all goes without a hitch with the placenta worries and so forth. You are a strong mama!!
April 6th, 2012, 08:52 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
he is beautiful!!!

glad to have you back!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 6th, 2012, 09:03 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome back and thanks for the update! Congrats on the baby boy! There are a SLEW of boys in this DDC, it's crazy!

I'm glad you got some answers and have been able to have some peace about that! Feel free to jump right back in!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 7th, 2012, 02:48 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you're back and thanks for the update! Definitely sounds like you've dealt with some stress but what a relief that the results of the last test were negative!!

Congrats on your baby boy!!!!!!

April 7th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Super Mommy
Welcome back, we've missed you! Congrats on the healthy baby boy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search