Friday Five 4/6

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sherry777
  • 1 Post By Corrupt

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
from thefridayfive.livejournal.com

Getcha Geek On!
  1. Are you a loser?
  2. What "geeky" activities do you take part in (games, trivial pursuits, etc)?
  3. Are you out of the closet about your geekiness?
  4. Does your significant other join in on these activities? (Or, if single, would a potential SO have to?)
  5. Geekiest public moment?

April 6th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you a loser? I don't really think so . . . I've always been kind of average I guess . . not popular, but not a loser.
What "geeky" activities do you take part in (games, trivial pursuits, etc)? Reading is pretty geeky I guess. That's about the geekiest I get.
Are you out of the closet about your geekiness? I have geeky friends who are very proud of their geekiness.
Does your significant other join in on these activities? (Or, if single, would a potential SO have to?) Nah, DH is more the hunting and fishing type.
Geekiest public moment? Fell during a 6th grade ceremony on stage in front of the whole school . . . even funnier, I was getting an award for being a school patrol. LOL

Jan 2010 August 2011

April 6th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Are you a loser? Definitely not the most popular growing up but I did my own thing
What "geeky" activities do you take part in (games, trivial pursuits, etc)? I am HUGE on trivia games, moreso on like Wii and stuff now but ones where I can win since I know all the answers and am fast. I also love playing cards (speed, etc.). I am a giant bookworm too.
Are you out of the closet about your geekiness? And proud of it! lol
Does your significant other join in on these activities? (Or, if single, would a potential SO have to?) No, since he never wins he won't play with me anymore. I'm also super competitive and would never let him win just to get him to play with me
Geekiest public moment? mmmm none really stick out in my mind

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 6th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
1.Are you a loser?
I won the sperm race. I guess I will always be a winner.

2.What "geeky" activities do you take part in (games, trivial pursuits, etc)?
I hate games, especially games of chance, because I hate to lose. That loathing started early. See picture below.

3.Are you out of the closet about your geekiness? What geekiness?

4.Does your significant other join in on these activities? (Or, if single, would a potential SO have to?)
n/a

5.Geekiest public moment?
Dating a guy who did live D&D!

Corrupt likes this.

April 6th, 2012, 07:53 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Are you a loser? Depends on who's doing the judging. I don't think I am, but who knows what others think.
What "geeky" activities do you take part in (games, trivial pursuits, etc)? I'm huge into video games still, and cartoons. Guess that's geeky. lol
Are you out of the closet about your geekiness? Yeah, I don't hide that stuff. I can still kick your butt with the best of them so I don't hide my geeky side.
Does your significant other join in on these activities? (Or, if single, would a potential SO have to?) Maybe on the video games, but not always. He will watch old school cartoons with me.
Geekiest public moment? Public? I really don't have one.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

April 6th, 2012, 08:26 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry777 View Post
5.Geekiest public moment?
Dating a guy who did live D&D!

Are you a loser? What an odd question. In highschool the "geeks" were actually one of the two popular crowds that people wanted to be in.
What "geeky" activities do you take part in (games, trivial pursuits, etc)? I like comic books, always been a bookworm, video games but not as much anymore.
Are you out of the closet about your geekiness? Absolutely. I was a geek before it was trendy for a hot girl to slap on a pair of glasses and a Superman shirt and claim to be a geek. Posers.
Does your significant other join in on these activities? (Or, if single, would a potential SO have to?) He's a comic book freak. Or at least he used to be.
Geekiest public moment? Can't think of any.

Showing my weirdness now. Live D&D is called LARP (Live Action Role Playing) No, I didn't do it, I hated D&D and Magic even though all my guy friends loved it. But one of my closest friends did some LARPing in college.

Last edited by MosaicWife; April 6th, 2012 at 08:28 AM.
April 6th, 2012, 09:20 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
I am going to share something that very, very few outsiders know about me. If I catch wind that you've spoken of my secrets, I will hunt you down!

Are you a loser? Not so much anymore, but I would be if the below was still around!
What "geeky" activities do you take part in (games, trivial pursuits, etc)? Its unlikely any of you are geeky enough to have ever heard about it, but I played the game Everquest for 10 years. Think World of Warcraft game style, but it was the game that paved the way for WoW to get big, but WoW is stupid, imo.
Are you out of the closet about your geekiness? Nope! Unfortunately, the game has all but died so I don't play and therefore don't have to hide anything anymore!
Does your significant other join in on these activities? (Or, if single, would a potential SO have to?) Nope, he's a sports/hunting/all things un-nerdy junkie
Geekiest public moment? None, again, it was always a secret, lol.
April 6th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
Are you a loser?I'm awesome.
What "geeky" activities do you take part in (games, trivial pursuits, etc)?I like to read and my genre preferences are probably considered geeky by some I'm sure. I love WoW, though I no longer play. I also love end of humanity type movies and my sense of humour is sometimes misunderstood (but I think I'm funny and that's all that counts)
Are you out of the closet about your geekiness?I suck at acting; takes way too much effort so I'm pretty upfront about who I am.
Does your significant other join in on these activities? (Or, if single, would a potential SO have to?)He took every opportunity to make fun of my love of WoW
Geekiest public moment?It's not related to mainstream geekery but a certain hideous picture of me in my early teens comes to mind. I had blissfully forgotten about it until one of my lovely sisters was kind enough to post it on Facebook one day. Doubt I'll ever livethat one down
afwifey09 likes this.

Tags
friday five

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search