Braxton hicks??

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2012, 05:38 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
How early can they happen??

I'm 15 weeks, 2 days. I swear I am having sporadic contractions. Most don't hurt, but there was one that had me doubled over. I don't remember feeling this until at least 20 weeks into my last pregnancy.

April 7th, 2012, 07:59 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I have them already and I still can't feel the baby move. They are my constant companion the last half of pregnancy and I do dilate somewhat and thin out early. Makes my labors go quick though! They are a huge pain, and with my first baby they freaked me out big time and the doctor put me on bed rest at 34 weeks when he first checked my cervix and I was paper thin and 4cm. Didn't have him until 3 weeks later, and even then it was because he induced me because he didn't want me to go home at 5cm. I was a bad experience.

Anyhow, my contractions started earlier with subsequent babies, either because I was more aware of what they feel like or because they genuinely do. I mean, your uterus contracts from the very beginning, but you're not able to pick up those feelings until it grows some.
April 7th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
I had them about 1-2 weeks ago too, but they stopped quickly. I'm trying to keep cool and calm when they happen, take an antispastic too.

Betty, I can't feel the baby move either. I had 2 really shy waves in the belly last week and maybe one short kick while I was in the car, but I can't tell for sure it was the baby. I'm still waiting for a clear sign

April 7th, 2012, 03:45 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Totally possible. Mine started a few weeks ago. I've felt them earlier with each pregnancy.

, ,,,,,,
April 7th, 2012, 06:02 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I've had them now for a couple weeks.

April 8th, 2012, 01:50 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i haven't had them yet thankfully, but i do remember having them at around 30 weeks last time. they were really painful and went on all day and night for weeks. i was sure i would go early but no, i still went past my due date

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

April 8th, 2012, 07:32 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah definitely possible. I had some around 12 weeks that had me freaked out and my Doc said it is very normal especially with a 2nd+ pregnancy.

Mine seemed to have went away but figured out that I bring them on when I am not drinking enough fluids and am really active cleaning and moving around!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search