Early EARLY Baby Shower

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By amazing_love
  • 1 Post By JennaBee
  • 1 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5
  • 1 Post By 3Sapphires
  • 1 Post By momma_d
  • 1 Post By palmetto_moon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Super Mommy
So, I'm having TWO baby showers and I'm super excited.

As many of you know, I'm moving back to Indiana with my grandparents within the next month or so, and everyone out here in SoCal is planning my baby shower! Since this is my first, I don't know what to expect or ask for.

I think I'm only going to ask for small things during this one because I don't want to have to go through the hassle of shipping things. Anything I should expect, or do? Were thinking of having it May 10th or so, so not much time at all. >.< I'm excited but nervous.

How did you guys like your baby showers?

April 7th, 2012, 03:23 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think baby showers are awesome!! That's so nice that you'll get one before the move! I think you have the right idea about asking for things that are easy to pack- clothes, receiving blankets, bibs, etc. Most people tend to get clothes anyway so you should be set!
3Sapphires and CaliMommy like this.

April 7th, 2012, 03:57 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome! It's smart to keep the desired items small for shipping purposes. My best advice is to use a baby registry (from a store that has a location in both areas) so that if you do get multiples of things you can return/exchange them easily. I had some guests remember to take items OFF of the registry when buying them and others not so I ended up with like 8 boxes of newborn diapers lol Thankfully I registered at BRU and they exchanged them for larger sizes
CaliMommy likes this.
April 7th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Super Mommy
BRU? I'll have to try that out, I just don't want people going all out, I feel terrible asking for things!! Lol.

April 8th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby showers are super fun!! I think it is a great idea to ask for small things since you are moving soon. Receiving blankets, clothes, diaper bag, and baby accessories would make easy items to transport back to Indiana BRU is a great place to make a registry. I have heard many people have trouble returning and exchanging items at Target and as much as I love Amazon, you would have to ship items back to them if they needed to be returned.

As far as what to expect...just expect lots of fun and even extra excitement for your precious little baby's arrival!!
CaliMommy likes this.

April 8th, 2012, 11:47 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had trouble exchanging and returning things from Babies R Us. I vowed never to shop there again.

but I do totally agree, let people know that you will be moving and need to consider how to pack the things for move, so smaller items are very much appreciated.
CaliMommy likes this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 8th, 2012, 06:42 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I actually have been in your exact boat before so I have lots of advice on this. I was living in Cali at the time and flew back to Indiana for my baby shower with my family (we also did it super early for traveling purposes- I think I was around 25 weeks or so??)

I found that the best place for returning things was WAL-MART! Babies R Us is fine too, but you have to have either a receipt or gift receipt (same goes for Target- they are a total pain for registry/gift returns).

I didn't even have to say anything about only buying things that would be easy to travel with, everyone already took it into consideration. I would say register for things like:
-Blankets
-Onesies
-Outfits
-Bottles
-Baby sheets
-Changing pad covers
-bath towels
-wash clothes
-soaps/lotions
-breastfeeding things if you are going to breastfeed (such as)
-pads (for leaking
-lansinoh cream
-milk bags if you are going to pump
-baby socks
-clothes (don't even bother registering for clothes, they are impossible to find on a registry and it doesn't matter because people will buy the stuff they think is cute anyways)
-baby toys
-teething toys
-bath toys
-swaddle blankets (I used these suckers like crazy and even used them as changing pad covers instead of the fitteds because they were so much easier to just pull of and replace often)

Hmm that's all I can think of for now! When I had my shower I kept enough stuff to fit into an extra suitcase and I jammed it full to 50lbs. I returned the rest of the items and got gift cards for them and used them towards big ticket items we needed like a carseat/stroller, etc. We also got a TON of giftcards from the time of my shower until after baby was born which we just put towards stuff we didn't realize we needed until it was midnight on a weeknight with a screaming baby! LOL
CaliMommy likes this.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 8th, 2012, 07:44 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully people will consider that you have to pack all this up and move it across the country, so I'm hoping for you that you'll get gift cards. Gift cards to places like BRU or Target or even Walmart will be useful pretty much wherever you are and you can wait to get settled to start shopping. Clothes and blankets, burp clothes, shoes, and bedding should pack up pretty easily as well.
So happy for you that you are getting a shower before you leave. It sounds like you've been through a lot lately...you deserve something nice to happen for a change!
CaliMommy likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search