Name help?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Bobb
  • 1 Post By smashley8
  • 1 Post By curlygirl77
  • 1 Post By YumPickles
  • 1 Post By Daffodil
  • 1 Post By Bobb
  • 1 Post By RedRose_xo
  • 1 Post By momma_d
  • 1 Post By InnocentDevil
  • 1 Post By palmetto_moon
  • 1 Post By Bobb

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Super Mommy
I am indefinitely infatuated with the name Elliott for a boy. And my older brother is the most amazing person in the world, so I was going to go with Joseph as some sort of tribute. Or would that be weird? My whole family knows about the baby except for him, so I can't wait to tell him if it's a boy.

But, boy names isn't what I need help with. It's a girl name. I'd like it to be very princess-y, and for awhile I've wanted to name her Aurora Mei (pronounced May) but I feel like that would be hard for a younger person to say as I have trouble with the Rs even.

My question is, how do you feel about the name? Do you have any suggestions or princess sounding names you could lend to me? (:

April 7th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
Well, I was considering Iris and Anastasia (with Sia for short), but it seems my family is not very happy with these two. They also rejected Timea and Giuliana, so I'm stuck.
My friends named their daughter Olivia, which I also think is nicer than average names.
Here in Romania, the most used girl names are Sofia, Daria, Alexia, Andrada.

I am trying to find names which are not so common, but still not that eccentric. So for a boy right now I'm thinking Andrew (on Saint Andrew's day my parents have their anniversary, so...), which is a very common name here, but in the las years it has lost grounds and it is very well received by everyone around me.

Oh, and back in the days, I was obsessed with the girl name Noa, which also didn't make the cut with family and friends.
CaliMommy likes this.

April 8th, 2012, 01:27 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here are some other suggestions for you:

Arianna, Daphne, Athena, Camilla, Aurelia, Augusta, Ariel, Arabella, Vienna, Tiara

I think all of those would work well with Mei. But Aurora is very pretty and if that's what your gut tells you to go with, go for it!
CaliMommy likes this.

April 8th, 2012, 01:38 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i think Aurora is beautiful but you are right, it is a little difficult to say out loud. i used to babysit an Aurora Skye! Elliott is my favourite boy's name at the moment and I'm sure your brother would be honoured if you used his name as a mn
CaliMommy likes this.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

April 8th, 2012, 01:54 AM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
I think Aurora sounds lovely. It is a name we threw around before we knew my son was a son

If I was looking for other princess-y names I would probably look at European royalty lines. Elizabeth, Victoria, Isabella/Isabelle (though twilight ruined this one, you might look like an over obsessed fan girl), Grace, Alexandra, Eleanor/Eleanora, and Catherine are all beautiful and regal, and the shorter nick names are sweet and child appropriate.
CaliMommy likes this.

April 8th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aurora is so pretty! My hubby really wanted to name a second daughter that but our first daughter is Arielle, and that would have been too disneyesque! Lol I love the nn Rory
CaliMommy likes this.
April 8th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
I just got an : Mia !!! Followed by Lucia or Elena or Gabriela.
I'm super about Mia !
CaliMommy likes this.

April 8th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks for the lovely suggestions guys!

I'm trying to stay away from the actual (Victorian) princess names, and flow more towards fantasy princess, like Disney and such. Also away from names from Spanish descent such as Isabella and Mia and those things as they are VERY common where I live.

Last night though, I found a beautiful name up-to-par with Aurora! Everlie, it's easy to say and flows so beautifully.

Everlie Allora and Aurora Mei are my front runners right now for a girl.

Stuck on Elliott Joseph for a boy. <3

April 8th, 2012, 04:06 PM
RedRose_xo's Avatar Veteran
I love Aurora. It has such a beautiful meaning, and is unusual as well as extremely pretty. It was on one of our very early lists for Alice, and it was only vetoed because it sounds bad with our surname.
Elliott is so handsome, its one of my favourites. So is Joseph. I don't think it'd be weird.
CaliMommy likes this.

April 8th, 2012, 06:10 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Aurora, but I agree, it is a mouthful to say!

I think that Everlie Allora is GORGEOUS and while it has a princess-y sound it also will grow very nicely as she gets older and doesn't sound like you got it from a Disney movie, KWIM?

Hmmm other ideas just for kicks:
Catalina
Ariella
Annabella
Adaleigh
Jasmine
Ellory
Aderi (pronounced ADD-er-y)
Arabella
Juliette
Julianna
Jillian
Lilliana
Aubriella
Aubrielle
Annaleise (not sure how to spell it, but I got it from one of DD's barbie princess movies! LOL)
CaliMommy likes this.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 8th, 2012, 07:02 PM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think Aurora is gorgeous!! Dh and I settled on Allora for our girl name, so Aurora is right up my alley

Ashley
Ashley
April 8th, 2012, 07:09 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
I like both Mia and Aurora. I probably wouldn't use the spelling Mei though. It'd be mispronounced too often.

Mia Gabriela is pretty!!
Bobb likes this.

April 8th, 2012, 07:29 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think Aurora Mei is beautiful and sounds elegant and princess-y. Elliot Joseph is awesome on a little boy.
I know a little girl named Everly (but spelled that way) and she is a doll so I have a good association with that name too! I don't think you can go wrong with any of these really....
CaliMommy likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 8th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_d View Post
I like Aurora, but I agree, it is a mouthful to say!

I think that Everlie Allora is GORGEOUS and while it has a princess-y sound it also will grow very nicely as she gets older and doesn't sound like you got it from a Disney movie, KWIM?
Everlie was a random thought from a dream that I had! And Allora (although possibly spelled differently) is from one of my all-time favorite movies. Anyone know of Willow? She was the baby girl turned princess at the end of the movie.

I think it's very princess-y too! I'm sure the right name will come in time, but if it's a girl, I'm leaning towards Everlie.

April 8th, 2012, 11:16 PM
LuxRuin's Avatar Veteran
Estella Evangeline

I do love Everlie, it is beautiful.

-Sarah

DD #1: 13yo
DS #1: 10yo
DD #2: 5 yo
DS #2: Born September 22, 2012
April 8th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxRuin View Post
Estella Evangeline

Talking about Evangeline, I just love Evangeline Lily, both her name and her face and hair. She is such a delicate woman!

Caitlyn, I can understand now why you don't choose spanish names (only now I saw you live in san Marcos) and I agree with you : Elliott Joseph sounds perfect and also Aurora Mei. (do you spell Mei as in the month of May? Because that's how I'm spelling it and it sounds pretty good to me).

Sorry for hijacking your thread with Mia, but thanks to you, I've been thinking about baby names and I'm happy I found my baby girl's name.
CaliMommy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search