Diaper bags?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2012, 07:01 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This decision is killing me. I had a nice Graco one with Evelyn but it was too small when Paige came. I then got a Vera Bradley one but for me the fabric gives too much and ends up super smushed and bulky. I was looking at a petunia pickle bottom one but holy price tag batman. A friend told me about skip hop duo but I've never seen one IRL. What are you using/ getting??

, ,,,,,,
April 8th, 2012, 07:14 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My favorite diaper bag was a Coach bag and I got so much use out of it until I wore it out to no end! After that I bought crappy after crappy diaper bag!

It looked almost identical to the one here:
Coach Optic Signature Baby Bag & Coach Baby Accessories - PurseBlog

I want a Petunia Pickle Bottom bag this time around and I was thinking of looking for one on re-sale because, yeah, they are freaking expensive!!! I love them though!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 8th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Super Mommy
The PPB bags are definitely gorgeous. I have a friend who got one after her third baby and ended up never using it. I'm not sure about all the styles, but hers was a boxy backpack (It's a pretty popular one) and there was no outside pocket, so you had to open the flap every time you needed to stash something quickly. She ended up going back to her old Kate Spade bag REALLY quickly.
I would love to have the Kate Spade "Stevie" bag. It looks perfect- more like a purse- but I just can't see spending $300-$400 on a bag that is more than likely going to have a dirty diaper stuffed in it at some point. I'll be watching this thread for more ideas. I need something big enough for infant stuff, a cup and a change of clothes for the almost three year old who is not 100% potty trained, plus the five year old's inhaler and spacer/mask.
April 8th, 2012, 08:05 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will probably just be using the large purse I got at a yard sale for $1. It worked great for me when I had a newborn and 2 year old. It should work when I only need it for one.

I've never had to carry around more than a few diapers and wipes and an extra set of clothes, so I don't see the need for a huge expensive bag.
bettyearl likes this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 8th, 2012, 08:05 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
Eh, I haven't put much thought into it. I'm not into trendy high-end looking stuff. I can't stand ANY of Vera Bradley's designs. I'll most likely just carry around the free one I get from the hospital. LOL.

April 8th, 2012, 08:39 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know....I love a cute looking diaper bag, but I'm also not into spending lots of $$$ on it either. I was looking at the selection on ebags and I did find a few I liked. Some were way out of my price range but usually I could find something similar for much lower.....$50 is about the max I'd consider spending, maybe $60 but in the past I have never spent more than $30 or so....for me it's only importnat that it's cute, I'm not really a name brand girl...and with 11 kiddos i won't be able to afford to be a name brand girl in the forseeable future!!!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 8th, 2012, 08:51 PM
oh I should add.... I have seen some cute bags through Thirty-One Gifts too! And you can personalize them and their stuff is affordable compared to PPB, and the other big name brands. I've never actually bought one, but I hear they are supposed to be good quality.
mommysoon and InnocentDevil like this.

April 8th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Ohhh, awesome idea!!!! I have a toy box and a laundry hamper from thirty-one and I love them. I might have to go look up their diaper bags and see what the selections are!!!! Thanks for the suggestion...I'm excited to go check them out now! For some reason, I'm in a weird diaper bag mania lately...I'm weird like that....

April 9th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a large Coach bag that I use as a diaper bag. I love it.

April 9th, 2012, 12:13 AM
LuxRuin's Avatar Veteran
Mine will be a 31 bag that I can also use as a purse because this is what happens:

All of my belongings end up in diaper bag, or all of baby's belongings end up in my purse.

LOL I'm just skipping the confusion and combining the two since I will be BF'ing and baby will rarely be without me anyhow.
momma_d likes this.

-Sarah

DD #1: 13yo
DS #1: 10yo
DD #2: 5 yo
DS #2: Born September 22, 2012
April 9th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Super Mommy
I have my eye on a few 31 bags too!
April 9th, 2012, 07:54 AM
squiligi's Avatar Veteran
I really like the looks of this brand

Diaper Bags for Dads & Moms | The Cool, Hip Diaper Bag for Dad, Mom & Baby - Diaper Dude
April 9th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
I have my eye set on a Vera Bradley Pleated Tote. Not sure of the pattern yet. I really like Safari Sunset but my friend said it was too girly of a pattern to carry for a by lol. The pattern shown is just the default, not the one I want.

Pleated Tote | Vera Bradley
April 9th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Does anyone think a girraffe pattern would be too girly for a boy baby diaper bag?

April 9th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
We are actually quite lucky, I never could decide what bag to use but then it turned out that the hospital we were at (and will be again) gives away a diaper bag to each baby born there. They are awesome, backpack type with lots of space and enough pouches for everything we need and gender neutral at black. It looks mostly like this one...

Kalencom NOLA Backpack - Black and Gray - Kalencom Corporation - Babies "R" Us

April 9th, 2012, 09:15 AM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want a JuJuBe but unless DH and my mom splurge on my bday gift, I'm not getting one.

So we're getting a Skip Hop Spark Stroller bag. I think the willow pattern but DH likes the black and silver. We'll see which design we get.

With my oldest I had this ugly pink bag with tiny kittens on it. My mom bought it and DD's dad and I had just split up so I didn't have the funds to argue lol. With DD2 we had a brown graco one and with DD3 we had a great Columbia bag. If Dh had his way we would get the Columbia again. We cloth diaper and need plenty of room but not too much bulk.

April 9th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I got a cute diaper bag for Bella and usd it but never loved it. The hospital gave us one that DH liked becaue it was like a one shoulder backback type so it was more masculine. I eventually just gave in and we still use it when we go out. I'm not going to buy one becase I'll likely use that (since I won't have to carry much for Bella except a change of clothes and a juice box or something) or I'll like the free one we get from the hospital again.

I'd rather spend the $50 on another baby item than a diaper bag I may or may not love. lesson learned

April 9th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxRuin View Post
Mine will be a 31 bag that I can also use as a purse because this is what happens:

All of my belongings end up in diaper bag, or all of baby's belongings end up in my purse.

LOL I'm just skipping the confusion and combining the two since I will be BF'ing and baby will rarely be without me anyhow.
This is me exactly! I don't carry both, just the diaper bag, which is why I like to get something remotely cute! I have a really cute Coach wristlet I got for Christmas that I wanted for that very reason, I can just throw it in there, so if I'm with DH and don't want to carry the whole bag, I can just pull out my wallet/wristlet. Then I just have a little pouch or something for my chapsticks and stuff!

April 9th, 2012, 10:27 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I liked the Spark (by Skip Hop) diaper bag I got at Target for my last baby- had good organization of space and was about $35. This time around I'm just going to use my purse. It's large enough anyhow. The only thing I'll really miss is being able to snap it to the stroller.... hmm maybe I will resurrect the old bag after all. That was really handy.

Target.com : Furniture, Baby, Electronics, Toys,...: Target Looked a lot like this one.
morethanamom4 likes this.
April 9th, 2012, 10:51 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I am also struggling with this decision. I looked through every bag at babies R us, and there were a lot, on the weekend. I picked one that I could live with - because it actually had a sizable inner zipper pouch. All in all I found most of the bags they carry to have shoddy construction, I was expecting thicker fabrics and more structure for a diaper bag then what I found. I put the one I liked best, the California Innovations Columbia Outfitter Diaper Bag on my registry. However I'm not sure I will leave it on my registry....

I originally didn't want to make my own diaper bag because they have so many compartments and such, but I'm honestly starting to consider it. I know I could make a fairly good quality bag, and with the use of a strong canvas fabric and some thick interfacing I could give it the kind of structure the bags in the stores are lacking. I just know it would take me a while .

I don't really have a lot of stores to shop at and our Sears didn't even have diaper bags in the store!!!

Maybe someone will find an awesome one out there and buy it for me, *sigh*.
morethanamom4 likes this.

Pinterest
Flickr

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search