Belly Button Rings/Piercings

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2012, 10:12 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have one?

Do you take out your ring during pregnancy?

Do you put in one of those flexible ones? If so, where do you buy it?

I don't want to leave in my regular ring this time, it didn't bother me during my last pregnancy, but it stuck out and looked like my belly button was poking out. I think for comfort's sake I want to get one of those flexy rings they make for pregnancy, but I'm not sure where to get it from? I'm ready to order one today if anyone has any suggestions!

Thanks!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 9th, 2012, 11:01 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I had one YEARS ago when I was in high school (wow I feel old now). I would take it out so it doesn't tear your skin and leave a horrible scar.

Pregnancy does weird things to your belly button anyway! lol

April 9th, 2012, 11:03 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i had one with my first pregnancy. i took it out at about 20 weeks because it caught on my clothes and tore a little (ouch!!!) i didn't know you can get flexible ones. i never put mine back in after i gave birth because with so many stretchmarks i didn't think i would be showing it off ever again anyway

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

April 9th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCgirl View Post
I had one YEARS ago when I was in high school (wow I feel old now). I would take it out so it doesn't tear your skin and leave a horrible scar.

Pregnancy does weird things to your belly button anyway! lol
What?!?!?! I have never heard of this! OUCH!! I wore mine my entire pregnancy with DD and it never did anything, I just hated the way the metal looked and I just think I flexible one would be much more comfortable. I'm definitely not taking anything out completely unless I absolutely have to.

I'm looking at this website...
Maternity / Pregnancy Belly Button Rings

April 9th, 2012, 11:51 AM
RedRose_xo's Avatar Veteran
I got a plastic bar for mine so that it'll grow with me and not stretch the skin. I used it last time on DD and have it in now too. I'd recommend a plastic piece of belly jewellery, they're great!
I got mine locally and I'm not in the US so I can't recommend a supplier to you, sorry

April 9th, 2012, 11:56 AM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm no help as I am a big believer in taking it OUT during pregnancy. Many piercing parlors do carry pregnancy rings but other's wont even carry them because they advise against it. PERSONALLY I had 3 , two lower one upper and I took them out right when I found out I was pregnant with DD1 The piercing itself healed quickly and I had no issues with it HOWEVER, because I got so big so fast (and bigger faster in subsequent pregnancies) the piercing SITE stretched and scarred HORRIFICALLY. The skin around the piercing site was so worn it created stretch marks and totally disfigured. The scarring is so bad that when they fix my hernia after this pregnancy a plastic surgeon will have to reconstruct a new navel because there's so much scar tissue. I really suggest bringing that beautiful belly to your local piercer and get their advice to make sure you don't compromise the tissue itself no matter what you do. GL!!

, ,,,,,,
April 9th, 2012, 11:57 AM
well I caved and ended up just buying one of these...

Ultra Glitter Ball Maternity Belly Button Rings

I didn't want to get anything too fancy in case I hate it, and this one is their best-seller so I figured I'd give it a shot. Not to mention it only cost me $7 by the time shipping was factored in.

In case anyone is looking for something like this... I just scoured through about 5-6 websites and this one had the most affordable prices, plus you can use the code SALE to get 10% off. The selection is just a bit smaller than some of the other sites.

April 9th, 2012, 12:03 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine's pierced... or was. LOL. I took it out not too long ago because I felt it starting to stretch. Once I'm flat bellied again, I'll get it re-pierced. I seriously contemplated buying one of those pregnancy ones, but I didn't think I'd be very comfortable with it.

April 9th, 2012, 12:05 PM
luvmyabsolute's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to luvmyabsolute
I had one when my belly was cute and flat and had no stretch marks, LOL. Then I got pregnant with my son and had to take it out around 8 months because it stretched the skin so much that it almost came out and was really sore and now its all weird looking and scarred looking. I got REALLY big pregnant with him, I couldn't even drive my car cause my belly hit the steering wheel (of course at the time I had a little sports car, an Acura something or other) I heard the flex ones work really well though. I ended up taking out all my piercings (I had an industrial, Monroe, tongue, belly) I still have my nose ring in though. LOL

*!*!*Thank you Vicki... For my Great Siggie*!*!*

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 10th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Super Mommy
I have worn mine the whole time with both of my kids, with no problems at all, and intend to this time as well. I am lucky to not have stretch marks, or have my belly button stretch. I've never even heard of Pregnancy rings, but i'm gonna take a look at them. Thanks Danielle. *hugs*
April 11th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Mama to Aidan & Caleb
I had one when i got pregnant with my son, i took it out when it became uncomfortable and never got one of the flexible ones and never put it back in either.

((Thank you so much Bokkechick for my beautiful signature photo))

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search