Extreme Severe Stress.

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NYCgirl
  • 1 Post By momma_d

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2012, 07:56 PM
LuxRuin's Avatar Veteran
I'm under such incredible amounts of stress lately, and I don't know how much more I can handle before I need to be sedated. I feel like no matter how much I say that this is unhealthy for me and the baby, no one "gets" it. It's my kids, my Husband, my extended family, friends. It's everyone, always some sort of drama or crap that I have to deal with and I'm so sick of it I feel like I'm drowning here.

My question is.....what can I do to ease the anxiety? I am always in anticipation of some kind of bullcrap that I can't calm down. It's not healthy for the baby and I know that. I am always trying to "catch my breath" because I feel another anxiety attack brewing.

I am at my wits end. This is supposed to be a happy time for me. I mean this baby was planned and everything prepared in advance. Why is it so hard for everyone else to accommodate? We all knew this was going to be a group effort, yet no one seems to act that way.....

I know I'm hormonal and super sensitive right now, but when I reach the point of hyperventilation and sobbing, maybe that's a good sign to shut your mouth and let the situation at ease. I wish I wouldn't be pushed to that point for everyone to realize they went too far!!!

-Sarah

DD #1: 13yo
DS #1: 10yo
DD #2: 5 yo
DS #2: Born September 22, 2012
April 9th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry! I can definitely relate. I wish I had some advice but I find myself in your position quite often. Mainly due to my kids and my DH. I feel pushed to the limit sometimes too. Especially my oldest dd, she knows just how to upset me and she has became so good at it. I don't know if it is a jealousy issue or just the fact that she is 15.

I hope things get better for you soon!!

April 9th, 2012, 08:14 PM
LuxRuin's Avatar Veteran
My Daughter is 13 and my Son is 10, I'm having problems with both of them. And I do think you're on to something with the jealousy! My Son has been saying "All you care about is the baby!"

So I know he's just acting out, but they bring me to tears on a daily basis and it can't be healthy! I'm sick in my stomach over what this is doing to the baby, it's got to be unhealthy and I can feel my stomach tighten up and get sore every time I get this upset.

I'm definitely not glad you are dealing with it too, but I do find some comfort in knowing I am not alone out there.

-Sarah

DD #1: 13yo
DS #1: 10yo
DD #2: 5 yo
DS #2: Born September 22, 2012
April 10th, 2012, 04:16 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*hugs*

I'm so sorry, this is my first pregnancy where my in-laws having given me major anxiety, my first 2 they were down my throat and up my butt and it was awful.

We came home a couple of times and found my FIL sitting in our living room waiting for us so he could start stuff up.

Just try and breathe. I hope your kids come around and realize they are hurting you..

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 10th, 2012, 04:20 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I am so sorry you are going through this hard time. Please talk to your dr or mw.. When I had depression during pregnancy it manifested itself as stress and anger. You might need a bit of help. There is nothing wrong with you. Your hormones are not making life any easier right now. You might need to adjust your serotonin levels. Hugs!
momma_d likes this.

Last edited by NYCgirl; April 10th, 2012 at 04:30 AM.
April 10th, 2012, 05:05 AM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
You dont have to deal with people heaping drama on you. Sure, your husband and kids you have to deal with daily, but they should understand if you explain to them how you feel, and try to ease your burden. If family and friends are becoming problems you can try to explain to them you can't deal with their negativity/drama, and if they don't listen, limit your contact. Stop calling and visiting, and make excuses when they want to visit, just until after the baby is born.

There is no reason you have to put yourself though stress. I used to feel obligated to be in contact with my family, even though they were stressful and bordered on emotionally abusive. I actually still feel guilt about certain things (like not going to family Easter this year!)

Don't put all this needless stress on yourself or your baby.

April 10th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Veteran
After speaking with your dr or midwife youcould try rescue remedy . I used the sray during my birth and it worked great. I used it as birth approached as well when I was feeling very anxious. I wish you much peace soon.

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa
April 10th, 2012, 08:31 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am SO sorry. Stress is soo amplified during pregnancy! A few weeks ago I could have totally related to this and I had a couple of MAJOR meltdowns. I had to just get stubborn and put my foot down. Lock yourself in the bathroom and take a warm bath by yourself if you need to. Escape and leave the house alone and just go walk around the mall or a park if need be! Tell your DH/Kids/Family/Friends (whoever is adding to the stress) that you are not dealing with x,y,&z and if they have a problem with it, you don't want to hear about it! It's amazing how much people don't realize they are causing harm.

I found that in my situation I was just putting myself through way more than I needed and I had to take a step back and inventory everything. Less important things get ditched, and face the ones that matter.

I also agree with the other girls, if you feel like it is severe enough, talk with your Dr. about some options!
CaliMommy likes this.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 11th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I use meditation, baths, mandala art, rescue remedy and naps to deal with stress. I hope things get better soon for both your sake. Please ask your doctor or midwife for suggestions.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search