Why do I feel doomed?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5
  • 1 Post By Daffodil
  • 1 Post By Jessy_Ree

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not quite sure whats going on..but I really just have this bad feeling that something isnt right..Ive felt this way since I found out I was pregnant in January..My appt was supposed to be tomorrow but Ive had to reschedule it because there won't be anyone to watch my kids so now I go on friday....the 13th..ugh...My husband is trying to chalk my feelings up to the fact that this was a completely unplanned pregnancy and not something I particularly wanted at the moment..He's probably right but I wish it would just stop already!

April 10th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bet you have nothing to worry about. But, you aren't alone with the worrying. I have worried this pregnancy like never before. I really don't know exactly why. I have relaxed a lot over the past few weeks. I haven't had an ultrasound since baby was 10 weeks so I think I will be able to fully relax after the anatomy scan on the 16th. Plus I will know the gender and will be able to start buying things which will help as well.

I'm sorry you had to reschedule your appointment! I am superstitious about Friday the 13ths thanks to DH and his family (very superstitious); but in reality it is just another day!!

When is your anatomy scan? Since they will be checking baby from head to toe do you think you'll feel better afterwards?
3Sapphires likes this.

April 10th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Super Mommy
I agree with Michelle. I've worried like crazy! After the anatomy scan we'll all feel a bit better!! *hugs*

April 10th, 2012, 11:33 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been so anxious too. not really impending doom, just scared to death.

I am sure it is all for naught and everything is just perfect!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 10th, 2012, 11:47 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with what everyone else is saying!

Hopefully your anatomy scan will calm your nerves a bit!

I stopped freaking out about Friday the 13th when I read some history about the superstitions behind it I've also decided that black cats are good luck like they are in other cultures!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 10th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly..our anatomy scan isnt even scheduled yet but I know they usually book like 8 weeks out so I'll be almost 30 weeks before I even get it..kinda pointless at that stage in the game..I honestly don't care if its a boy or girl..I feel completely disconnected from this pregnancy.

April 10th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What you are describing is like how I felt when I had post-partum depression. I think it's very possible to have pre-partum depression too, maybe talk to your doc?
bettyearl likes this.
April 10th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
well actually daff..I am postpartum..I had a baby in sept so I only had 3 months in between the birth of my daughter and the conception of this baby so I think it might be possibile..IDK..I am going to talk to my doctor about it because I don't want to go all the way to september feeling this way..Im still attempting to come up with a girl name because I have a feeling that we just might be having another girl(which would be awesome for evening up our count)..Thx for all the responses...and as far as my appt being the 13th..Im not really superstitious but just because Im feeling off of course it would be that day..blah..LOL
bettyearl likes this.

April 10th, 2012, 04:32 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
sending lots of love! Friday will be a great day for an appointment.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search