Diaper choices

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DD we loved pampers swaddlers and then pampers cruisers. Now I've heard that Pampers changed the way they make their diapers and they're not the same.
For those who have kids in diapers nowadays, what are your favorites?

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
April 10th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
Pampers baby dry was the best option for us.

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
April 10th, 2012, 10:14 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We also used to use the Pampers swaddlers and then either Pampers cruisers or Luvs when they were bigger. I hope they haven't changed them too much because I LOVED the swaddlers!

April 10th, 2012, 10:17 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it has been a while since I've had anyone in diapers, I hope I don't hate pampers swadlers! that is what I was planning on getting to start!

I loved pampers swadlers for newborn and size one, then we switched to the costco brand. we are going to try sams club this time. if I don't like those I am going with luvs. I used those the end of DS#2's diaper days and really liked them and the price.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 10th, 2012, 10:44 AM
MrsB1227's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love seventh generation free and clear diapers. DS always had a sensitive bottom and these are gentle on his skin and they are also super absorbent. We get them by the case on amazon.com and they are really affordable that way. I plan to use the same brand for this baby.
April 10th, 2012, 10:59 AM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We won't be using too many disposable diapers, but we will use Huggies when we do. Pampers have dry max which has been known to cause a reaction with babies and leaves rashes and some cases burns on them. There hasn't been a proven link but with all the parents out there who it has happened to, we don't want to risk it with our baby.
Kaema likes this.

April 10th, 2012, 11:17 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well its been a while since we have been in diapers too, but we started out with Pampers Swaddlers and then switched to the Target Up & Up brand. The only brand I personally disliked, were Loves. But plenty of other people have used them successfully, I just felt like I was going through a ton of them comparred to the others.

Aside from Up & Up, my other faves are the Huggies Naturals. They have good coupons for those too.

I'm excited to try more cloth diapering this time around, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy more Bum genuis AIOs.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 10th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I noticed the few times Ive had my daughter in sposies in the last 6 months that most diapers have changed..they found the old gel type stuff they were using was actually toxic and it was discontinued..the absorbancy of most sposies has gone way down..I can't speak for pampers because Ive never used them(other than the few days in the hospital) but I know luv's and huggies have changed as well as white cloud..we're using cloth for our daughter and will on our new baby too but I hope you find something that's not a huge leaky mess..LOL

April 10th, 2012, 11:40 AM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
I used pampers swaddlers and and cruisers with DD. I assumed I'd use them again, but now Idk since you're saying they changed. Hmmm...

April 10th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think they changed them back...the ones we have gotten for the past year haven't had dry max and we love them. We will use swaddles and cruisers again probably but I know different diapers fit different babies....differently lol
April 10th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
We started Kenny on Pampers and he always leaked and then we became Huggies converts lol. So with this one we will start off with Huggies, they aren't as expensive as the Pampers either which always helps.

April 10th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I used Pampers with my son, I hope they havent changed too much
April 10th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Kaema's Avatar Kris
Send a message via AIM to Kaema Send a message via MSN to Kaema
We are planning on using cloth for the most part again but when we use sposies we use Huggies. I've also been happy with Seventh Generation, but we almost exclusively buy Huggies.

Thank you GraysMama for my gorgeous siggy!
April 10th, 2012, 04:11 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Target puts Huggies on sale often. And I've noticed when they do that, they usually have a Target coupon AND a manufacturer coupon - you can use one of each per box/bag. We have one box and one large bag plus a tub of wipes for like $17 thanks to the coupons

April 10th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Super Mommy
The Pampers with Dry Max are a lot thinner, and plenty of people said they had issues with rashes, but we never did. I always loved Pampers, but I used Huggies a lot with DD #2. The biggest difference I found was that Huggies have less stretch in the tabs, so they tended to run smaller. We will probably use both.
April 10th, 2012, 06:11 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
We're going the cloth route this time around, but for the newborn/size1 it totally depends on your baby's bum shape I think! Which, of course you won't know until he or she is born!! My fav diapers on DS1 were HORRIBLE on DS2 fit wise. It was so funny how different it was!

April 11th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Mama to Aidan & Caleb
I used pampers sensitive for my son in NB and size 1 then switched to Luvs or Babies R Us brand for size 2 and 3 and for size 4 and 5 which we use now i buy Luvs or huggies little movers if i have a really good coupon or a really good sale.

My son is allergic to the dry max, he gets a bad diaper rash that looks like a burn so i don't buy pampers for him ever. They had them on him in the hospital and by the day we were discharged he was turning very red so that's why we switched to the pampers sensitive till he hit size 2. For this baby i will probably use the pampers or huggies sensitive/pure and natural until size 2 again but not sure yet.

((Thank you so much Bokkechick for my beautiful signature photo))
April 11th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
We will be using cloth again. When we do use disposable diapers we will use huggies.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

April 11th, 2012, 07:55 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Pampers swaddlers for newborns and then cruisers after that but for price the Target brand is best IMO. Just as inexpensive as Luvs but quality is much better! I will most likely use cloth diapers some of the time as well.

April 11th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My favorite brand was always Huggies for my babies. I really want to cloth diaper this time though! I haven't decided either way yet, but I know we will at the very least be using disposables when we are away from home and I will probably choose Huggies again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search