Boy vs. Girl cravings

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 3Sapphires

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've heard the old wives tales that what you are craving is sometimes in sync with the gender you are having. I've heard that if you are craving sweets things and fruits it is a girl and if you are craving sour things and meats and cheeses it is a boy. So lets hear it ladies, are your cravings on par with the old wives tales?

Mine actually are. I am a total chocoholic, but even I am amazed at the amount of chocolate I am consuming/ craving. And I can't get enough grapes and oranges.

April 10th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
With Kenny it was fruit and chocolates all the way, same with this one lol. Will only find out what wee one is in May though, but am interested in seeing what others say.

April 10th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
With my first it was fruit and cheese. Its basically ALL i ate. He was a boy. With this one, it is carbs all the way. I hate sweets even not pregnant, so that never happens to me. Interesting what we like/dislike during pregnancy. I HATE meat. Both times now.

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
April 10th, 2012, 12:28 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
with my boys I craved chocolate, pineapple, hotdogs, pizza, chocolate.

with this one, nothing is really jumping out and screaming "EAT ME".
CaliMommy likes this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 10th, 2012, 12:46 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a sweet tooth as it is, so I don't know how on cue it is for me!

With DD, I don't remember having many cravings other than pizza lunchables and frozen butterfingers.

This time around I crave something new every week and it is usually insatiable until I have it, so I have been craving these fajitas from a restaurant in California for about a month now! LOL

I do want a lot more fruit than usual though now that you mention it. I am always eating apples, fruit cups, applesauce, and just bought some fresh strawberries the other day too.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 10th, 2012, 01:15 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm the complete opposite of that wives' tale you've mentioned, but I've also read/heard that sweet meant boy and salty/sour meant girl, usually due to the other wives' tale that you're supposed to be sicker with a girl, hence wanting salty/sour to calm the nausea.

I've never had strong cravings in any of my pregnancies, but I did tend to eat more sweets (or I didn't lose my sweet tooth, at least) with the boys. With this girl, I've completely lost my sweet tooth. It happened when I was really sick and I haven't gotten it back yet. So, I still want lots of salty tangy stuff, especially things like pickles, olives, and salt & vinegar chips.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 10th, 2012, 03:09 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my son I craved steak ( I don't even like steak! LOL)

With DD I ate nothing but sweets!

This time I can't really handle sweet stuff, everytime I eat it I feel sick Not a huge fan of meats either though. I actually have been craving chicken though, and homestyle food like mac n cheese, rice, veggies, etc.

Oh yeah, and we don't know what we are having this time yet.

April 10th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I'm having a boy, but I crave fruits and sweet things, so i guess mine doesnt match up
April 10th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Super Mommy
I don't know, I crave both fruits and sour things. And a LOT of both. XD

April 10th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am on team pink and craving subway, burgers, grapes and steak tacos.

April 11th, 2012, 07:17 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cravings for me have been so different!! With my son I didn't crave all that much other than mexican food, hot dogs (never let myself eat them though so that's probably the big reason) and LOTS of watermelon!!! I ate very healthy with him. This time i crave alot but mostly junk like chocolate, sweets, cheeseburgers, fries, anything salty. I'm actually relieved to know i'm having a girl.. otherwise i would've thought i was going crazy!! Also textures get to me alot more this time and make me sick.. weird!

April 11th, 2012, 08:17 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
With all three boys I craved salty, savory, or sour things. This time I definitely crave those things too, but sort of in waves with other cravings like fruit or sweet things. We don't know yet girl or boy.
April 11th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if I am having a boy or girl this time. I am definitely craving both sweets and sour things as well as cheeses. Lol. This old wives tale did not hold true to me with my previous pregnancies either so.......

April 11th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No clue what we're having yet but I do know all I want to eat is fruits and veggies..and tons of water..Im thinking its more of a blood sugar issue than an indication of the baby sex though..LOL

April 11th, 2012, 09:27 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm having a boy, and I lost my sweet tooth almost immediately after becoming pregnant I still try to eat sweets here and there but they taste gross and are never satisfying. I think it's time to give up

I have been eating lots of fruits but my only real craving so far was for ham and cheese sandwiches.

April 11th, 2012, 05:21 PM
KrystalB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never heard of this before but for my first child (a boy) it's right on! I wanted cheeseburgers all.the.time (and before that, I would only eat a hamburger.. but I wanted cheese a lot while pregnant!) So yes, meat and cheese would be right!

No cravings here yet although I have been eating chocolate. Probably because it's Easter Chocolate around the house, though!

My Chart
April 11th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Super Mommy
I'm having a boy and I can't eat meat or milk product. I find myself eating a lot of plain bread. Weird.
April 12th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
Hmm, I could eat french fries and salads and mashed potatoes anytime. And all I want to drink is raspberry icetea. So I don't know where I'm at...
Also an old wives tale is that if the baby's first moves are on the left side of the belly (I suppose as you look down towards the belly), it's a girl, and right is for boy. Of course, my first really confident baby moves were on the left. All the ol' wives tales tell me I will have a girl... so many pink signs that I'm starting to doubt it's a girl. I grew so accustomed to the pink idea, that a boy in the delivery room would really surprise me
And DH has finally starting to get used to a "daddy's little girl" idea, since all I've been doing this pregnancy is tell him there's a sweet baby girl in my belly

April 12th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm having a boy and my cravings switch from week to week, but I'm really not liking meat much since I got pregnant and still don't really like it. I'd much rather eat PASTA! Yum!

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search