Anybody planning the going home outfit?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Kris2you
  • 1 Post By Angelamomtomany
  • 1 Post By amazing_love

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, I realize its early. But its so fun to think about! Anyone given any thought to what outfit they will bring baby home from the hospital/ birthing center in?

My daughter was born in November, so I had this darling little white cotton gown/ sleeper with a little bunny embroidered on it. So cozy and cute and innocent.

This baby will be born in late August most likely and it will be HOT here. BTDT moms with summer babies, what did you use? A onsie, although practical, just seems so......unfun!

I have a blast clothes shopping for this special outfit!

April 10th, 2012, 12:34 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
not yet, but I am looking forward to looking once we find out the sex.

If it is a boy, I will probably just go through the things I already have, I have a lot of still brand new clothes that would work.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 10th, 2012, 12:41 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My favorite when Keira was a newborn was the side snap shirt/pant sets from Carters. They are hard to find online, but I have already bought one for this baby and will likely pick one for her to come home in. They are super soft, cozy, and lightweight! That is all I am going to pack for the hospital in terms of clothing for her. They look like this, but there are better sets that also have a side snapping t-shirt instead of a onesie.

JUST ONE YOU Made by Carters ® Newborn Girls El... : Target

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 10th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
September in Colorado could be a foot of snow on the ground or 80 degrees, so we'll have to see.

But I found this onesie today that says "Lock up your daughter!" And I HAD to get it! I'm a sucker for the funny onesies!

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
April 10th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
When Joey was born, he came home in this little Winnie the Pooh outfit. It had overalls and a little polo. Bayleigh came home on V-Day, so she had on themed outfit.

Lukas will be coming home in this (picked by his big brother and dad). Unless I see something extra cute that is. It will be at the end of Aug and EXTREMELY hot here still.

Sprinkle 2010 and Panda like this.
April 10th, 2012, 03:16 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very cute ideas girls! I will have to see what this baby is before I decide on the perfect outfit

April 10th, 2012, 04:13 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a few! Let me go take pics!

April 10th, 2012, 04:20 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
We don't get to have one. This is the ONLY down side to a homebirth!

April 10th, 2012, 04:27 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First let me tell you about my girls. DD1 was 7lbs 4oz. She wore 0-3 clothes pretty much from day 1. DD2 was 6lbs 3oz. She needed preemie clothes. Nothing we brought to the hospital fit so DH had to go out and find something that fit. It was June and no one had sleepers or anything in preemie, just onesies and dresses so she wore an ugly velvet clearance dress home lol. DD3 was a preemie at 4lbs 11oz. We weren't ready for her but she was in NICU for 17 days so we had time to get preemie clothes.

My tip - bring extra outfits. All of my kids spit up on their outfits just minutes before we left the hospital. Seriously.

Now, this is what we have for our little guy.
Carter's Little Whale one-piece. I need to have my Gram make him a hat to match this. Or make one myself. *will need socks or booties*

Oshkosh "Small Wonder" outfit. Again needs a hat (and socks)

I think this one is Carter's. I can't remember and I just looked at the tag lol. It's sort of a lightweight thermal/ribbed. It's my "baby puked on his good stuff" backup.

We plan on cloth diapering but DH is pretty sure he doesn't want to at the hospital. I do....if I win my way, then baby will wear this home with a prefold underneath, with either the short sleeve tee or long sleeve depending on temp. We live in New England. The seasons are strange here.

April 10th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am knitting her a skirtie. Got the legs almost done and am starting the skirt tomorrow. I just need to find a matching shirt.
Daffodil likes this.

April 10th, 2012, 07:02 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have anything yet, but I like the tiny little smocked dresses or a cute sleeper. I totally agree on having a backup though, because I put DS's outfit on him for hospital pictures and on the way back to our room (from the nursery) he had a blowout diaper. I was so disappointed that he didn't get to wear that outfit home, but luckily DH's boss had just stopped by and brought us a cute outfit as a gift for our baby so he wore that home instead

April 11th, 2012, 05:34 AM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
Kelly was a July baby and she wore a white cotton sundress that has lil pink butterflies all over it. I actually received two of them at my baby shower... in different sizes. One from each grandma!! LOL. It was also the outfir she got her hospital pics taken in.

Of course I saved it so I think if this one is a girl, I'll put her in the same outfit for at least the hospital pictures. I think it'd be cute to look at their baby pics and see them both in the same outfit, but 6 years apart.

If boy... I have to go shopping.

Last edited by InnocentDevil; April 11th, 2012 at 05:38 AM.
April 11th, 2012, 06:04 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
As you already know, it will be VERY hot and humid in late August or the first week of Sept when I have Bailey, so I'm thinking a light cotton, but of course very cute sundress. I haven't started shopping yet, but I plan to as soon as I get the verification at my anatomy scan that she is, in fact, a girl, LOL. It was pretty unmistakable at 16wks and the tech checked several times from a couple of different angles, so I'm sure she's a girl, but still. Plus, my youngest DS is still in the room that will be Bailey's, so when we get him moved into his new room, I'll really start going crazy buying since I'll have somewhere to put it!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 11th, 2012, 07:37 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Undecided at this point. I'll wait till the end to see what all i end up with and then choose. I did buy this cute outfit the day i found out about her I couldn't help it, i'm a sucker for purple baby girl clothes! Its a NB size so it could work as the coming home outfit. In case its not obvious its a dress, not shirt and the diaper cover also has ruffles on the butt

Angelamomtomany likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search