Waiting for amnio results what a nightmare

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bettyearl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Hello ladies, i am 31 years old , 18 weeks pregnant with my second child, my screening test came back positive 1:89 chances for down syndrom, i had my sonogram and they did not find any soft markers, 8 days ago i had my amnio done with no problems , i am still waiting for the results i dont know what to expect i am sooo teriffied , has anyone been through this nightmare?
April 10th, 2012, 07:24 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I haven't personally, but everyone I know who has had that happen to them was very scared and worried like crazy but in the end baby was perfectly healthy.
My sister had an amnio come back normal and then did have a baby with DS unknown because whoever ran the test didn't screen the fluid for DS!

It is very unlikely your baby will have any problems at all with a positive screen like that and no soft markers. Try to put yourself at ease until you know something is wrong. I know that it is so difficult to be thinking about the possibility of raising a child with special needs. I have 2 nieces and 1 nephew with special needs so I know the feeling of wondering if my own child will also be affected. It is scary, but honestly what can you do except love them and take it a piece at a time. Don't try and bite off too big an emotional chunk to chew. Just take right now and what you can do right now. All my love. Big hugs!
April 10th, 2012, 07:29 PM
thank u bettyearl for your positive thoughts
April 10th, 2012, 08:12 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Just sending some hugs and positive thoughts. I haven't gone through any of that before so have no advice or insight to give or ad.
April 11th, 2012, 05:59 AM
MrsB1227's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am 32 and pregnant with my second and my chances came back one in 40. I had the new blood test done called Maternit21 and thankfully all came back clear. I waited seven days for the results and the wait was terrible. I kept running both scenarios in my head and was a ball of stress. I am hoping your results come back with good news!
April 11th, 2012, 08:39 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hoping the best for you!

April 11th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure everything will be fine, when will your results be in?
April 11th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any experience with that but I wanted to offer support I do know that there are very high false positives on the screening tests. I hope everything turns out fine and you get good news!!

April 11th, 2012, 09:25 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think BettyEarl said it best! Just take everything one day at a time!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 11th, 2012, 11:42 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just offering support and encouragement and letting you know we are waiting with you and thinking of you!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 11th, 2012, 12:01 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Just wanted to offer you (((hugs))) and support and echo everything Betty already said. It's likely that everything will turn out just fine.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 11th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
I had a 1-30 chance, my results came back perfectly fine yesterday. After a great scan my chances went up to 1-45, so with no markers on your scan it also moved up. Thankfully i took the new blood test and not the amino.

Hang in there, its TOUGH!!!!!

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search