Two heartbeats on doppler?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Veteran
Anyone else found two heartbeats on their home dopplers? We discovered a second equally strong heartbeat last night about 3-4 inches away from the one we normally listen to. It was definitely not mine, it was just as fast as the normal one we listen to (in the 130's and 140's) and was just as loud. Only difference was it sounded more like a horse running and the first one is more of a wooshing sound. I looked up some info online and read that it is likely I'm just hearing an echo. But I'm still slightly nervous about it since it is so loud and strong. Wouldn't an echo be fainter than the original? Anyone have any info or experience on this? BTW, we did have an ultrasound at 7 weeks to establish heartbeat and only saw one but is it possible for a second to be hidden that early?
April 11th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
It's likely an echo, and it can sound just as strong. I've heard it before. It's definitely enough to make you wonder, but chances are there is just one baby if your 7 week ultrasound showed only one.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
April 11th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
It is probably an echo. I had the same thing happen to me a month ago, and I was so nervous for my NT scan to make sure that there was only one in there.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

April 11th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still pick up 2 "heart beats" each time I use my doppler. I had an u/s at 10 weeks and there was only one baby! I asked my doctor and was told that the placenta and/or arteries would match my own heart beat, so if that is true the 2nd beating sound i am picking up is neither of those. I decided it must be an echo as well. However the baby's heart beat is always in the 140-150s and the second beating sound is usually 120-125. I also Googled it and found that it is very common for 2 beating sounds to occur in different spots

As far as a hidden twin baby, well it is always a possibility! However the odds are fairly low!

April 11th, 2012, 09:39 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The found 2 at my last doctors appointment too! She explained that it was just an echo and there is definitely only one little guy in there

Ashley
Ashley
April 11th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Veteran
Thanks everyone! I feel relieved. Another baby is always a blessing, but I'll admit I was terrified of the idea. We are financially strained enough for one, and neither of our parents live in the area so we wouldn't have a lot of help. One is definitely best for us right now!
April 11th, 2012, 09:50 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
*lurking*

I'm for sure having twins, and it is pretty difficult to find both, separate heartbeats. I can always find one, and then usually I can find an echo of that same one. The second is always tricky. You are probably just hearing the echo as the other ladies said!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search