Advise please

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So last night i went to the er because from my belly button down it felt like i was having a charlie horse very painful and it would come and go. that lasted prolly about thirty min so i called the midwife and she said to go to the er. thusly i did lol. Well after a long stay in the er all they could tell me is that i have placenta previa..... well i had my eighteen week ultrasound on Friday of last week and im pretty sure that she said that my placenta was at the top where it was supposed to be...... i am still in some pain mostly cramping in my lower abdomen no bleeding but im not sure what to think.... i am waiting on my ob to call me back. apparently the er doc thought it was serious enough to have a follow up the next day. im not going to lie im kinda scared...

well every cloud has a silver lining Aden would not stay still for the ultrasound so i got to watch him for thirty five min yesterday. And my fiance felt him for the first time yesterday at the er.

April 12th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry that I do not have any advice other than to get plenty of rest and take it easy. Also drink lots of water. I hope everything goes well at your appointment. Since you are not having any bleeding, that is a good sign.

I am saying a prayer that all goes well for you and your sweet little baby! Please keep us updated, you will definitely be in my thoughts!

That is great you got to watch your baby for 35 min!! Also awesome that your fiance got to feel him kick!! I can't wait to share that with my DH and our children!

April 12th, 2012, 07:57 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
^^^^^^^Good advice. I agree, get lots of rest - put other stuff on hold for now and just take it easy, watch a movie or do some JM'ing

I will also be thinking of you all day. Update us when you can. I don't have any experience with this kind of thing.
April 12th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well my appt is at two thirty this afternoon and i will prolly be skiping work tonight

April 12th, 2012, 08:49 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that is good advice from previous posts.. Just take it easy today and try not to stress yourself out. Easier said I know.

Keep us posted

Ashley
Ashley
April 12th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for all of the support I will update as soon as I get back from my ob appt.

April 12th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I may be way out in left field here but what you described is very similar to the pains I had when i had my daughter..turns out I was just having really intense braxton hicks and a lot of ligament pain..Hopefully it's that easily explainable.I sometimes would have pain so bad I'd drop to my knees but all was well..I know it felt different in all my pregnancies so far so maybe thats what youre feeling.

April 12th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
That is kind of weird if your placenta was on the top like it's supposed to be and then moved down over the cervix... But I'm no doctor...

Like the others have said try to take it easy and let us know how your appt goes today.

I was diagnosed with a full placenta previa at 12 weeks (and it was still there at 14 weeks). I'm hoping mine moves up like it's supposed to.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
April 12th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had previa a couple of times and had some mild cramping. I would just take it easy and drink lots of water(just incase you're having baxton hicks). Hope your appointment goes well.

April 12th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs and hope your appointment goes well and there's nothing to worry about.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
April 12th, 2012, 11:56 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I agree it sounds like BHs, too. I get really intense ones from time to time with this one. The chances that you placenta would grow down over your cervix are very low, but I suppose there's always that possibility? I don't know. Mine was close to my cervix, but my MW wasn't worried as she said 99% of the time, the placenta moves away from the cervix as the uterus grows, so I can only imagine the chances would be even more slim that the placenta would start higher up and grow down.

I agree with what the others have advised about taking it easy and resting until you get some more info at your appt. Please update us when you can.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 12th, 2012, 11:58 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ditto to the water drinking and what everyone else has been saying! KUP!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search