Annoyed

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sprinkle 2010

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2012, 08:11 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, I am going to start this off by saying, pre-pregnancy I was a very relaxed person. If there was any drama going on, I didn't let it bother me unless it had some effect on me. This is not the case these recent weeks. I am honestly taking everything personally. My mood swings are off the charts and little things that wouldn't usually bother me bother me a lot.

So, we had our big ultrasound on Monday and when we found out it was a boy, we were so excited to share the name that we had picked out. We didn't tell anyone our choices because we wanted to see what we were having. So when we left the doctors, we called all of our family to tell them it was a boy and if they asked the name, we told them. Like I mentioned in a previous post, we chose Declan.

A few hours later, my DH gets a text from his brother saying, " If you really name him that, he is going to get beat up everyday."

Now, like I said, normally I would just tell him to stick his opinion where the sun don't shine and be over it. People are entitled to have their opinions and thats fine. But, these new found hormones of mine, have me all twisted/angry/upset.

Seriously, we do not need nor want your opinion. Plus if you don't have anything nice to say jerk, don't say it at alll DH is verrrrry mellow and completely supportive of me. He just simply said, "Well, good thing it isn't his name then." He just reminded me that it doesn't matter at the end of the day and that most people think the name is lovely. And he absolutely right and the sane part of me knows it, but the pregnancy part does not.

The whole point of this post is just to say I miss my old rational self.

Thanks for letting me vent

Ashley
Ashley
April 12th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can totally relate. My emotions are way off and little things upset me much more than they should or would if I weren't pregnant. It is so true that if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Too bad everyone doesn't take that advice!

I think Declan is an excellent name and very unique which in my opinion is a huge plus!

April 12th, 2012, 08:39 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
this is the exact reason I won't be telling my inlaws the name. they had such nasty things to say about the names we picked for the boys

like somehow they are entitled to make comments on the name, if they don't like it, they should just keep their traps shut and name their own kids whatever they want.

rotten people.

That would have bothered me too *HUGS*

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 12th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Super Mommy
I told my MIL what I am considering naming the baby if DH doesnt want to pick, and she said and i quote "I don't like that name, I'm gonna call him Jude." And she refers to him as that every time she talks about him. I tell her every time "That's not his name, don't call him that." And she still does. It's making me mad. They didnt like the names we chose for the older two, but my husband is the one that told them them to shut up and get over it. I don't feel comfortable doing that, and since he isnt around right now, I feel like I'm gonna be in a bad mood and snap one day and I don't want to do that. SO i know how you feel.
April 12th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Super Mommy
I am dealing with the same type of hormone surges. Seriously, things that would have rolled off my back make me furious right now. It doesn't always work for me, but the best advice I can give is that I always try to remind myself, "Rational Jennifer wouldn't care about this," and try to ignore it.
By the way, I think Declan is a nice name. I've heard it once or twice before, and I think it's a good, strong, off-the-beaten-path but not crazy name!
April 12th, 2012, 09:15 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm getting annoyed with my whole family. They all approve of Jordan David (not that I care about their approval ) but most of them are already calling him JD and I do NOT like that! Scrubs ruined that nickname for me, and I just want him to be Jordan.

I know once he's here there will be some fights about it lol

April 12th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Thanks so much ladies. I just feel like a crazy person these days

Ashley
Ashley
April 12th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hormones are awful and can make us seem like people we are not!

I LOVE the name Declan! It was on my short list if we were having a boy. I think it is different and unique, but not too out there. And I think it is getting a little more popular. So, while he will still probably be the only Declan in his class, its not like other people won't have ever heard the name before. I say rock on with your name!!!
GeekLover11 likes this.

April 12th, 2012, 10:55 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Totally normal feelings, especially at this point in pregnancy! The hormones just amplify everything!

I have to confess, when my SIL was pregnant with her baby #2 we all hated the boy name she picked, and part of it was because she didn't really love the name either, and was just going with what her boyfriend wanted and he was not budging on the issue. We were NOT quiet at all about disliking the name and were always coming up with other ideas for her. In the end, she ended up going with the original name anyways and honestly, his name fits him perfectly, and no one even cares anymore about who likes it or not, because that is his name! Its a total non-issue.

When I think back about it, I feel horrible about how we all acted and I learned a good, humbling lesson about it when we were coming up with Keira's name!

I'm sure when he is here, no one will have anything to say about his name and it will all fade away as soon as they hold him and realize how much they love him!

Also- is it pronounced DEE-clan or DEC-lan? I have been trying to figure that out myself!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 12th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_d View Post
Also- is it pronounced DEE-clan or DEC-lan? I have been trying to figure that out myself!

We are pronouncing it like Deck-lan.. I am Irish and DH is extremely Irish, so it completely fit with our last name.

Ashley
Ashley
April 12th, 2012, 12:39 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
It was only a few weeks ago that I missed my old rational self too. I was crying all the time and easily upset and totally hormonal. I don't know when it stopped but I can safely say my emotions have leveled now and have been smooth for at least the last 3 weeks (I'm 24 weeks this week). I think the worst of my emotional distress was between 17-20 weeks, so here's to hoping you feel better soon.

Congrats on the boy!

Pinterest
Flickr
April 12th, 2012, 01:37 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow how incredibly rude of him! Declan is actually pretty common here in England and I really like it

As far as mood swings, just remember like all the other 'lovely' pregnancy symptoms, they will pass eventually and you will be able to look back and laugh

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

April 12th, 2012, 03:25 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is very rude! It would've upset me too. I agree, i'm usually much more calm but pregnancy has me upset at any little thing that happens in my life. We decided not to discuss names with family and friends and to wait until we decide on one to tell but now i'm wondering maybe we should wait until she is born!! Seriously i don't want other people's opinions!

Declan is a nice name! I think some people are turned off by any unique name. My MIL mentioned a few very boring traditional names that she liked when i was pregnant with DS and it took her forever to learn how to say the name "Camden" once we chose it!

April 12th, 2012, 11:40 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh, this is the exact reason that when my mom asks I just tell her we dont have any ideas yet. She feels sooooo free to shoot down names that we like and I think that is so rude. If I asked her opinion it'd be different but I don't because I don't want to hear anyone's opinion. We aren't even going to pick for certain until we see him though i do want to have a short list with a front runner or two. When he's here and we pick his name I will probably end up texting what we picked to family b/c I don't even want to hear the reaction...I totally feel your pain.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 13th, 2012, 06:18 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Been there, done that last pregnancy. Older brother won, and I didn't get to name my little boy what I wanted to. I hated it, and I still resent it, and am mad at my DH for giving into his brother and not sticking by me. I don't think it's just your preggo hormones! I was pissed then, and I'll be SO MAD if he does it to me again this time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search