Well I THOUGHT we had a name!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2012, 12:20 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
But now we are both a little confused! We were talking this weekend about names because we haven't officially nailed anything down and we have been brainstorming the past few days. Originally we were going with Kynlee Grace (and yes, we decided on that spelling). Then, I read randomly that Kynlee is like one of the top ten fastest growing names right now. EEk.. That freaks me out, that Kynlee is going to be the next Chloe (BTW I love that name too) but I don't want my kid to be one of 10 other Kynlee's in her Kindergarten class. And then, I keep hearing the name Grace as a middle name. I LOVE it, but I worry that it's going to be the next "Ann" or "Marie" for middle names.

So now we are down to:

Kennedy Rae*
Kynlee Rae
Kennedy Joy
Kynlee Joy*
Kynlee Brynn
(and I love Karleigh Rae, but DH doesn't like it )

With the starred ones being my faves. Just curious what ones ya'll like and if you have anymore middle name recommendations?

If we use Kennedy, we want a short, quick one syllable mn. What I like about Kennedy is that it is more of a "steady" name than a "growing" name, so I highly doubt there will be a million Kennedy's that she would be going to school with.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 12th, 2012, 12:33 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kennedy is gaining popularity here.

DD2 is Caylee Jaye. And my friend's daughter is Carlee Jane lol

April 12th, 2012, 12:56 PM
DH likes Kaylee but I have a little cousin with that name already!

We have Keira Danielle, and then our Neice is Kylie Therese and our nephew is Curtis Hays, so there are a lot of "K" sounds going around! Kylie/Kynlee are also pretty close which is another thing I'm trying to take into account! I'm just torn! I love both names. Kennedy was in the runnings when we were trying to decide on DD's name too.

April 12th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Korie
Kasie (my friend's name)
Kolbie
Kourtney
Kaia
Kaleena
Kallie/Kally
Kara

April 12th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanamom4 View Post
Korie
Kasie (my friend's name)
Kolbie
Kourtney
Kaia
Kaleena
Kallie/Kally
Kara
Thanks! But I think we have literally read through every single K name out there at this point! We are narrowed down to the two first names, just coming up with some middle names. We both love Rae, I just want to hear other stuff to make sure, KWIM?

April 12th, 2012, 02:56 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the name Kynlee is really cute! I'm with you, i love the name Grace as a middle name but it is used alot so i've been thinking of other options first and we still have no problem using it if we can't find something we like more. Here's what i've come up with so far.. My MN is Lyn and i refuse to name my daughter that so i looked up names with lyn in it and my favorite right now is Adelyn or Gracelyn. Kylie is our first name of choice at this time so here are the combos but i think i like the first better.

Kylie Adelyn
Kylie Gracelyn

If you are one who likes one syllable MNs then look up short girl names and you should find something. The other ones i like are Claire and Paige. I think both of those would make cute middle names. I also like Rae

April 12th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Super Mommy
We are going with Everlie Allora, but the middle name was originally going to be Mei! Or Mae, or May.

Some other one syllable name you could try are:

Paige
Hope
Grace (I LOVE GRACE with those two names)
May

I don't know, I'm bad at this, but those are some pretty names that go with Kynlee and Kennedy.

April 12th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Oooo okay.
One syllable girl names:
Anne/Ann/Ayn
Bea
Belle
Beth
Bess
Bree
Blair
Blythe
Bree
Brook/Brooke
Brynn
Claire/Clare
Dawn
Dee
Elle
Eve
Faye/Fay
Faith
Fawn
Fern
Fleur
Grace
Greer
Gwen
Hope
Jade
Jan
Jane/Jayne
Jean
Jen
Jess
Jill
Joy
Jules
June
Kate
Kay/Kaye
Lane
Lark
Lee/Leigh
Lil
Lyn/Lynn/Lynne
Liv
Liz
Lourdes
Love
May/Mae/Mai
Maeve
Maud/Maude
Meg
Nell
Neve
Page/Paige
Quinn
Rae
Rain
Ruth
Sage
Shae/Shea
Sian
Sky/Skye
Sloane
Sue
Tess
Wren

Faith, Hope, and Joy always sound like "sister" names to Grace to me.
amazing_love likes this.

April 12th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Super Mommy
I like Kynlee and Kennedy. So either way you go is really pretty to me! I've always wondered how you pronounce your DD's name. Is it K(ear)a?
April 12th, 2012, 05:23 PM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really like Kynlee Joy. That's just me though.

April 12th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think they are all nice. GL with your choice.

April 12th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Kynlee Joy.

April 13th, 2012, 04:37 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like the first 4 you have there, but for some reason I can't get into Kynlee Brynn (I think too much of the "in" sound).
Personally, I have never heard of Kynlee has a name before you said it, and I think Kennedy is a super cute name as well! I've only seen one other Kennedy, and that was a JM member's daughter. No one in real life.

Good luck! But I think you made some wonderful choices!

April 13th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing_love View Post
I think the name Kynlee is really cute! I'm with you, i love the name Grace as a middle name but it is used alot so i've been thinking of other options first and we still have no problem using it if we can't find something we like more. Here's what i've come up with so far.. My MN is Lyn and i refuse to name my daughter that so i looked up names with lyn in it and my favorite right now is Adelyn or Gracelyn. Kylie is our first name of choice at this time so here are the combos but i think i like the first better.

Kylie Adelyn
Kylie Gracelyn

If you are one who likes one syllable MNs then look up short girl names and you should find something. The other ones i like are Claire and Paige. I think both of those would make cute middle names. I also like Rae
I love Kylie Adelyn! My neice is Kylie and I think it is such a cute name that grows well too! I also love Claire, and is the name of one of my good friends, but I can't see putting the K & C syllable together! I actually had Kennedy Paige and Kynlee Paige on my list but DH nixed it really fast bc of name associations! Gracelynn was also on my list of first names, but DH wasn't in love with it so we decided not to use it. He doesn't like names that feel like a mouthful and apparently that one was to him lol.
amazing_love likes this.

April 13th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanamom4 View Post
Oooo okay.
One syllable girl names:
Anne/Ann/Ayn
Bea
Belle
Beth
Bess
Bree
Blair
Blythe
Bree
Brook/Brooke
Brynn
Claire/Clare
Dawn
Dee
Elle
Eve
Faye/Fay
Faith
Fawn
Fern
Fleur
Grace
Greer
Gwen
Hope
Jade
Jan
Jane/Jayne
Jean
Jen
Jess
Jill
Joy
Jules
June
Kate
Kay/Kaye
Lane
Lark
Lee/Leigh
Lil
Lyn/Lynn/Lynne
Liv
Liz
Lourdes
Love
May/Mae/Mai
Maeve
Maud/Maude
Meg
Nell
Neve
Page/Paige
Quinn
Rae
Rain
Ruth
Sage
Shae/Shea
Sian
Sky/Skye
Sloane
Sue
Tess
Wren

Faith, Hope, and Joy always sound like "sister" names to Grace to me.
Some of these are actually on my short list! lol such as Fay, Hope, Brynn & Brianne (spin off's of Brian- DH's name), & Jade (which had to be removed because my cousin just used that as a MN for her baby and I'm not into reusing a name that is so freshly used)

April 13th, 2012, 10:36 AM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMommy View Post
We are going with Everlie Allora, but the middle name was originally going to be Mei! Or Mae, or May.

Some other one syllable name you could try are:

Paige
Hope
Grace (I LOVE GRACE with those two names)
May

I don't know, I'm bad at this, but those are some pretty names that go with Kynlee and Kennedy.
That's so funny. I want the first name Allura for a second daughter. But we don't have the first daughter yet, so that's awaile down the road, if ever.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
April 13th, 2012, 10:53 AM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Common middle names

Grace
May
Marie
Hope
Faith
Joy

Those are all very common middle names. I'm of the same opinion as you as far as wanting my kid to be one of a kind. I'm less picky about middle names though. Those names tend to be after family.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
April 13th, 2012, 11:32 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really like Kennedy Rae.. I think it sounds so pretty together

Ashley
Ashley
April 13th, 2012, 11:36 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
We went with Grace as a middle name, because the middle names is rarely used. I wanted it to have meaning, and for us personally, it has a ton of meaning. Kennedy is starting to be really popular here, too! There's quite a few Kennedy's in my boys' school, but Kynlee is not as popular, but it may be an upcoming popular names. My personal opinion is to go with what you really like. Your child will be one of kind, no matter what their name is, so don't worry about that. Our boys have family names and they're relatively common, but my boys certainly are there own people no matter if they have a name that one or two others in their grade has. Go with your gut and what you truly love!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 13th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I Love Kennedy Rae!!

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy For my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search