Haircuts & Pregnancy

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2012, 12:24 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does anyone else go through this when you are pregnant? When I was pregnant with DD I chopped like 5 inches off of my hair and then afterwards I was so mad at myself! Now I'm craving it again! I just have this urge to chop my hair and my hair is always long! I don't know what my deal is but I'm trying to resist it bc my hair does not do ANYTHING if I cut it anywhere above my shoulders!!!

Please tell me I'm not the only one that goes through this!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 12th, 2012, 12:35 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
They say women tend to have big hair cuts when things change in their lives, usually like a break up. Maybe its the same kind of deal?

Pinterest
Flickr
April 12th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Super Mommy
I just cut mine off a couple weeks ago. I wish I hadn't. The last time i cut it this short, was when I was pregnant last time. My hair is just so long and thick, it's so much work. But now I cant pull it up, so its actually more work than it was. I like my highlights. I just dont like the layers and the length. Im letting it grow back out.
April 13th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Veteran
I want to cut my hair, but I've been wanting to since before I was pregnant. Plus I can cut a lot more than 5 inches and still not be above my shoulders
April 13th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
LOL ain't this the truth, I cut my hair shorter a few weeks ago too. I tend towards bobs and the likes so it wasn't too bad but considering I want to let it grow...

I agree with the big life changing idea, possibly this is as big a change as it gets too.

April 13th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
mine is horribly dead for liek 5 inches past my shoulders and i like it long but i want to cut it bc it looks so bad, but last time i shopped 5 inchs off it looked dead again a week later for 5 inches. for a cpl years i havnt been able to keep it healthly looking and i put pure coconut oil in it after a bath, only wash it 3 times a week with shampoo, and never blow dry it since i was 15. and only use heat on it once every 2-3 months. so im affraid it will just look liek crap again and be shorter like last time. I cant figure out whats causing it but nthing helps, no conditioner or any products, hard to brush and is stiff and course.

Jessica Wearing Her SQUISHY BUM'S Cloth Diaper made by mommy
Facebook.com/Squishybums
April 13th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a friend who did that during pregnancy as well. I'm kind of tempted to cut it too LOL

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
April 13th, 2012, 10:29 AM
CoolMomof2's Avatar Veteran
I need to have a haircut too and I may go for around 4-5 inches cut because my hair being too messy nowadays . Cutting my hair will certainly give me some relief !! I may go for it this weekend

My Blog www.workingmaa.com
April 13th, 2012, 08:47 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No way! I'm too chicken to cut my hair short!! I am getting a trim and color tomorrow though

April 14th, 2012, 01:12 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I definitely felt an urge when I got pregnant, but my hair was super long past my boobs! Last week I went and got about 4 inches cut off. It feels nice to have healthy hair again!

April 14th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My hair was so long and I loved it at first and then started feeling gross...I finally got it chopped and I LOVE IT!!!! I'll probably get it chopped again after the baby is born and all my hair starts falling out again lol.
April 20th, 2012, 01:37 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I plan on waiting until closer to time for the baby to be here. I want it to be nice and short and easy to care for when the baby gets here...and I like being able to pull it into a ponytail for the summer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search