When will you announce baby's name?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2012, 03:31 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ashley's post got me wondering when everyone is planning on telling family & friends the name. Before or after baby is born? Have you already announced or is anyone getting opinions from family?

We plan to decide on a name first and then tell once we are sure. I'm wondering if we should wait until she is born but that does seem like an awfully long time and honestly i would have some people going crazy because we have family making personalized nursery items and such so they want to know ASAP. I do not want others opinions on the name we choose (asking your opinions are different! ) I know when people wait until baby is born people don't seem to care quite as much.

April 12th, 2012, 04:33 PM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Even though I had a negative response, I don't regret telling people what he will be named. I think I just was not expecting any negativity, so when I got some, it caught me off guard. Overall, I had a very positive response. I just have to remember that some people are going to say what they think no matter what. Unfortunately, thats the way it goes sometimes.

I think if you are confident in your choice in name, nothing anyone says will change it. Just like I am not letting that one opinion change ours At the end of the day I love our choice and this is our child.

Tell people when you feel comfortable and are ready to handle whatever response comes your way

Ashley
Ashley
April 12th, 2012, 06:11 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
I announced. If boy Marcus Ryan. If girl, Makenna Elizabeth. Everyone seems to love it. I wouldn't care if they didn't anyway.. It's my baby and I'll name him or her what I choose.
curlygirl77 likes this.

April 12th, 2012, 06:26 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We announced ours when we announced gender. Pretty much everyone likes it. The only issue we had was SIL is also pg and liked Logan for a boy name. She found out her baby's gender two days after we announced (also a boy) but she says she changed her mind after we announced it anyway. Her baby will be Liam

April 12th, 2012, 07:04 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Not usre as we haven't even discussed names yet
April 12th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
We are open on my family and very close, so as soon as someone finds out they are pregnant - we talk names LOL. But we were set on Lukas from day 1 but we couldn't get the middle name down. When we found out what he was, I just posted an US pic and said "Introducing Lukas William"
April 12th, 2012, 08:11 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh. I honestly hate this process of the baby game...just because DH is such a PITA with it.

Last time around, I had gone through hundreds of names. Hundreds. He nixed everything. I came up with Asher, and he told me he didn't hate it, and it was growing on him. That was the best response I'd had from him, without ANY input at all. I called him that for two months in the womb...until his brother cracked a joke about it around Christmas (replaced Dasher with Asher) and told him that he thought it was a dumb name, and that was it...I couldn't name MY child the name I wanted to. Grrr!

Needless to say, we've not really discussed it seriously yet. I wish he would agree to just not tell anyone until the baby was born since apparently his older brother's opinion is more important than mine, but I doubt that'll happen, and this one will be hard to name as well. :/

April 12th, 2012, 08:11 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've talked names with my side so we'll probably tell family as soon as we have a name set (and know what we're having).

April 12th, 2012, 08:36 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've told some people. It's not really a secret, but I didn't make a big announcement or anything, I've just told people as they ask.

We didn't share until it was set because I've found I get less negative comments when the name you've choose is set.

Baby will be Owen Edward!
amazing_love likes this.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 12th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At birth.

April 12th, 2012, 10:21 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will probably not decide on a name for sure until baby is born anyways, but even if we did, I would not tell because some people are just too free with their opinions. For me, even though it shouldn't, hearing negative comments from people close to me, like my mom, skews my original perception of the name...so I'd rather not give people the opportunity to say "eeeeeewwwwww!"
So for both reasons, baby won't have a name officially until birth.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 12th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
At birth too for us, purely because my mil spends the rest of the pregnancy telling me "horror stories" of so and so's cousin who was named that and how horrible his life was.

April 13th, 2012, 01:49 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we probably won't decide untul the baby is born so I guess we will introduce the baby and his/her name when I get home from the hospital.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

April 13th, 2012, 04:27 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dang, people knew what my first little boy's name would be even before I got pregnant
I didn't want any family members "stealing" it. And they were all ok with that lol
amazing_love likes this.

April 13th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Veteran
Probably whenever we figure it out. We didn't figure it out with Calvin until a couple weeks before. And we told people that it was PROBABLY going to be Calvin but we weren't sure
April 13th, 2012, 08:50 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Once we are 100% settled we are fine releasing the name.

It drives me crazy when baby doesn't have a name, even when I'm still pregnant so I'm hoping we will nail it down soon. I just feel so much more connected to the baby once she's named! We have been discussing it the last couple days actually so I think we will reach a conclusion really soon!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 13th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
My mom and brothers already know his name. We will announce to everyone else after our "official" gender scan on the 23rd.

Isaac Nathaniel
amazing_love likes this.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
April 13th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have ideas, but are still talking about it, so we will tell the family and friends once we're 100% sure. My family's already trying to give us advice and ideas and I have to keep reminding them that it's our decision LOL

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
April 13th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Brannyt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm torn. We don't have any names we agree on yet, but I kind of want to wait. We'll see, DH is a pain when it comes to this part, lol.

LOVE my siggy, thank you Meganpixel!!!!!!
April 13th, 2012, 11:55 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
We told my family as soon as we found out the gender in the U/S room. They asked several times before, but we didn't want opinions, so we waited until we found out she was a girl and said her name WILL be Bailey Grace. Thankfully, everyone loved it, but I wouldn't have cared if they didn't since it is our little girl. We also have a lot of family and friends who liked to give us personalized things, so it helps for them to prepare. For me personally, I like that everyone talks to her and calls her by name. It was so sweet the other night to have my oldest two leaning down over my belly and saying things like "Hey, Bailey!!! We're your big brothers!" And "Bailey, we love you so much!!!" I can't hold out for those reasons!!!!
amazing_love likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search