Announcement woes

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Veteran
So my boss apparently told a bunch of people at work that I'm expecting. Hello?!? Who's news is this?!?

It's not even because he's excited or gossiping or something. It's because he wants to figure out who'll cover me while I'm on mat leave. This couldn't wait a month for me to talk to people, seriously? I'm so annoyed. And the worst part, he didn't even bother to tell me that he'd told all these people. I found out from one of them. And then she also wasn't even interested except for how it affects her while I'm on leave. Jerks.
April 13th, 2012, 12:32 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that really stinks. I mean, I get that she needs to make arrangements and probably feels that the soon she nails down coverage the better, espicially if it's on her shoulders to do that but she could have discussed this with you first and worked out a compromise with you on when she should start looking, or she should have been more discreet and not necessarily given out the "reason", she could have checked other employee's availability without telling them the reason you wouldn't be there. I think she should have discussed this with you and asked what you thought and if she truly needed to start finding coverage, she could have at least given you a heads up.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 13th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
I would have been ticked too. That's no one's news to share but yours at work.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
April 13th, 2012, 10:35 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sounds like breach of confidentiality to me! It's too bad the word is already out now, your boss could have handled it differently and I would definitely let him know you aren't happy about the way that he handled it.

All he has to say when looking for someone is that he is working on scheduling because you are going to be shorthanded from ____ until ____ and needs to know who is willing to cover. No names/situations even need to be brought into it.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 13th, 2012, 11:23 AM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow. What a peice of work.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
April 13th, 2012, 12:56 PM
nroundtr's Avatar Veteran
I definitely commiserate and have had some similar work/pregnancy surprises come up. The corporate world is such a nightmare for women who want to have families.

April 13th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
That would really upset me also!

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
April 17th, 2012, 11:11 AM
So how has it been going since the news broke at work??
My midwife just put me on lifting restrictions and now I'm having to deal with the eye rolls when other ppl have to do it for me. Annoying but not too bad.
April 17th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiehavin2nd View Post
So how has it been going since the news broke at work??
Everything's about the same. One woman came by to chat about babies and ask me if we knew what we were having yet. She was excited for me. But otherwise, nothing has changed. I'm in the corporate world, so there was never any heavy lifting. The worst thing is that they aren't planning to bring someone in to cover for my mat leave, so all my colleagues are going to have to pick up the workload. I may be out as much as 6 months. It's going to really suck for them, and I feel bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiehavin2nd View Post
My midwife just put me on lifting restrictions and now I'm having to deal with the eye rolls when other ppl have to do it for me. Annoying but not too bad.
I'd say roll your eyes right back at those eye-rollers. Sheesh! Of course you can't do anything that might get you injured while you're pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search