Movement from the outside?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Brannyt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many ladies have been feeling movements from the outside? I was surprised to feel my first obvious kick around 17 weeks, and now I'm feeling it all the time! With DD it took forever for me to feel anything, much less kicking from the outside.

This is my favorite part

LOVE my siggy, thank you Meganpixel!!!!!!
April 14th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Nothing?

April 14th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
Not yet...I've thankfully have just begun to feel him kick like crazy inside and hoping soon.
April 14th, 2012, 06:23 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I thought I did today. But then again it might have been in my heard. When I look at my belly for a long time I start to see my own heart beat making it bounce up and done! lol!
nroundtr likes this.

April 14th, 2012, 07:10 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
Nothing on the outside yet, but I've been feeling it on the inside for a few weeks.

April 14th, 2012, 08:22 PM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have felt movement from the outside, but anytime I have Geoff try....nothing. I'm sure it's a matter of a few weeks and the kicks/movements will be stronger, and movement will be more obvious on the outside.

April 15th, 2012, 06:58 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sure it won't be for a while for me. I dodn't remember feeling anything from the outside before 25 weeks with my last 2 pregnancies. Since I am barely feeling anything now on the inside, I am sure it is a ways off.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 15th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I have been feeling it from the outside for a few weeks now. My dh has gotten to feel it, and my ds got to feel it today. The next time I feel the baby moving I will let my dd see if she can feel it.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

April 15th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Super Mommy
My movements are super strong on the inside, but I havent felt much on the outside yet. But then again, I havent really tried to, since I feel him on the inside all the time. Next time he's moving, I'll try to see if i can feel it from the outside, and let you know.
April 15th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was curious about when DH will start feeling the baby and I've read it's aroynd 24-28 weeks typically. Hope it happens sooner.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
April 15th, 2012, 04:04 PM
^ That's why I am so surprised I'm feeling it from the outside already. DH has felt it too, and it's everyday. Like I said I didn't feel DD until around 22 weeks, and then from the outside around 24ish.

April 15th, 2012, 04:30 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am It was i think about 2 weeks ago DH felt her move for the first time and ever since we've both been able to feel on the outside. Since its your second baby i'm sure that's why its much sooner.

Another thing i've noticed is so far she's not as active as Cam was so maybe this is a sign you're having a boy?

April 15th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not yet for me. I am really looking forward to feeling the baby's kicks from the outside so I can share it with my DH and the kids

April 15th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Krista, maybe so!! Brynlee was super active 25 weeks on, but never really moved during the nightto the point where I noticed. This little bugger moves around at night, and I've felt him/her every time I get up to go the bathroom. I'm excited to find out here in 2 days

April 16th, 2012, 07:21 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I felt a couple of faint bumps from the outside around 17wks, too! My oldest DS and DH have both felt the Bailey kick, too, at 18 weeks, so it is possible. It depends on a lot of factors, of course, like the position of your placenta, your size, and the baby's position, but it is definitely possible to feel it from the outside that early! With my youngest DS and this one, we've all felt outside movement at around 17-18wks! It's so awesome when you can share it with your DH and LOs!!!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 16th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Veteran
I have for about a week now! My husband just got to feel him briefly a couple days ago We've been trying since I was sure it could be felt but this one likes to stop moving when Daddy's hand is on my belly.
April 16th, 2012, 09:19 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't felt anything yet from the outside and the movement I'm feeling on the inside isn't consistent yet! I hope it picks up soon! I am really excited for DH and DD to be able to feel her moving and kicking, that is my favorite part!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 16th, 2012, 10:09 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh has been able to feel kicks from the outside now for maybe about 2 weeks.. Last night I started to feel some pretty strong kicks, so I took my iPhone and tried to see if I could tape it.. Sure enough I have three minutes of consistent kicking, so much so I was able to replay it for Dh after and he was clearly able to tell.

So exciting

Ashley
Ashley
April 16th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm 17 weeks and starting to feel kicks on the outside too! I definitely didn't feel DS kicking on the outside this early.

My Ovulation Chart
April 16th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have felt her from the outside for the past couple weeks. Love it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search