moms with two or more kiddos at home....

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When you went from 1-2 kids, how did your older one deal with the baby crying in the middle of the night? I thought about this last night...I'm afraid that this little one will be crying in the middle of the night and wake up Bella.

Did you do anything special (like a noise machine in your toddlers room)? I'm either going to be nursing or pumping so I won't be able to just get up and tend to my toddler when I'm trying to get my newborn settled.

Thanks

April 15th, 2012, 08:17 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
We always made sure never to be quiet around the sleeping baby. SO the babes gets used to sleeping though noise.

My DS 1 we always had a CD playing in his room. Not a kids lullaby one but one we could not go crazy hearing ourselves. Like a nice mediation one works well. (But avoid any with ocean sounds if your potty training. lol) We always just used Nora Jones or Richard Shindell.

DS1 never woke up to a crying Ds2 BUT my second was SUCH a light sleeper he'd pop right up at any noise. SO for him too we had a cd on but had it a bit louder. We only just stopped their cd on about a year and a half ago.

April 15th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
My kids have never been woken up by the baby crying. Also the baby gets use to noise around the house quickly. I don't try to be quiet or keep the kids quiet. We don't do anything special for the older kids as of right now. I'm sure if the baby starts keeping the older kids awake I will have to figure something out.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

April 15th, 2012, 08:52 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the boys have always shared a room, most of the time once Adam was asleep he would sleep through a bomb going off.

when we started CIO with Nate around 8 months we would put Nate to bed a little early and keep Adam up until Nate fell asleep.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 15th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Bella is uch a light sleeper, I may have to go back to a cd when she sleeps. thanks ladies

April 15th, 2012, 09:14 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Both my kids have always had a cd playing all night while they sleep. So When we brought Brennan ds#2 home Ethan did not have any issue with being woke up at night but he is an average sleeper not deep but not a light sleeper either. If you are worried about Bella waking from the new baby try the cd player idea first then branch out from there. My kids listen to the baby einstiens lullby cds at night I like them since its all instramental and I find it to be soothing for them vs. the other nightitme cds that have actual singing in them.
April 15th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Super Mommy
My boys are pretty heavy sleepers because we always are noisey. You can try getting Bella to be a heavy sleeper by doing things during naps. We have a music and projector thing for Vinny because he would get woken up at 5am by the next door neighbors VERY loud car. It works for the most part. When the boys were first born, I would get up so quick with them and their cries were so quiet that the others never woke up. By the time the cry got louder, they were used to the noise and would sleep through it.

April 15th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first two shared a room right away. My first was 13 months at the time, and he slept pretty good through a short amount of crying from the new baby. My second was a REALLY good sleeper. Our first night home from the hospital he slept 8 hours and I had to wake him(I woke up panicked that he hadn't eaten yet). Most nights he slept 6+ hours before waking, so perhaps if he had slept more like a regular newborn it might not have gone so well for me. I started co-sleeping when #3 came along, so he never woke the other kids. That's worked out really well for me ever since.

April 15th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never had to deal with that issue, thankfully. My babies co-slept as well, so that is probably why.

April 15th, 2012, 01:18 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my older kids were never bothered by it. i think with so many people in the house they are used to a lot of noise. also, the baby always sleeps in my room so they only cry for maybe 30 seconds before i get to them

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

April 15th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Super Mommy
My kids had to share a room too. Marley woke up when he started crying but she always went right back to sleep as soon as I got him out of the crib, which was always quickly, so I never had a problem with it.
April 16th, 2012, 09:57 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DD already sleeps with a fan on in her room because she gets afraid of the "neighbors" which are really just strange noises she hears in her room from the building, because she doesn't have a shared wall and we are on the 3rd story! lol.

We have recently been trying to prepare her for the baby being up in the night by just explaining to her that when the baby comes that "she might hear her crying in the night sometimes since babies like to eat a lot!" Mainly, I just don't want it to scare her!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 16th, 2012, 11:20 AM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My kids always slept through the noise. The advice to not worry about noise around the baby is good. We don't want them to be used to having super silence. I wore DD3 in a wrap while vacuuming while she slept lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search