Of all things to crave...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By one.juniper
  • 1 Post By smashley8
  • 2 Post By mrs.a
  • 1 Post By palmetto_moon
  • 1 Post By JennaBee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2012, 03:00 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
... I want a beer!! Sam Adams Blackberry Whitbier to be exact, (or Sam Adams Cherry Wheat). LOL. Of course, I won't have one, but I sure do miss beer!! "23 more weeks, 23 more weeks..."

April 15th, 2012, 05:12 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I am totally craving beer too... there's been a couple times I looked out my front window to see the neighbour sitting on his porch drinking a beer and I've been super jealous.
InnocentDevil likes this.

Pinterest
Flickr
April 15th, 2012, 09:45 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
mmmm I love BOTH of those Sam Adams beers so much! Especially Cherry Wheat!

April 16th, 2012, 05:35 AM
mrs.a's Avatar Kelly
I make my husband drink beer so I can smell it on his breath.

My little "Spartacus"

Please vote on my baby names! If it says "this list is set to private", just try hitting refresh. Thanks!
April 16th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.a View Post
I make my husband drink beer so I can smell it on his breath.
LOL!! Tristan had a beer a few days ago and then kissed me. I was like, "Hmmm... kiss me again so I can taste that!" Hehehehe....

We usually have beer in the fridge all the time, but he promised to not buy it while I'm pregnant. He'll get a tall can after work sometimes, but that's it. We used to sit around and have a couple and watch TV or whatever and I miss that. At least I know it's not forever and hey... I'll be a cheap date after this baby is born. After I had Kelly, I had a buzz off three beers when I drank the first time. LOL.

April 16th, 2012, 08:31 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There is a Mexican place here that has these margaritas that they twist with homemade red sangria and they are SO. Freaking. GOOD. They aren't super sweet and you can't taste any alcohol in them (can you say dangerous!). I have been wanting that and pina coladas this entire pregnancy! Last pregnancy I had alcohol aversion!

It's funny how different each pregnancy is!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 16th, 2012, 09:23 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never been a big drinker, in fact since 2001, I have been either ttc, pregnant or nursing. so my drinks have been VERY occasional, but mmmm... a midori sour sounds soooooo good!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 16th, 2012, 09:40 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not really a drinker either but every once in a great while a nice desert wine sounds good. So, I'm sure this wont go over very well, but I must say...once I'm out of the first trimester, I'm not opposed to having an occassional half glass of wine once every couple months on a special event or date...not often and certainally not regularly, and not very much.
3Sapphires likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 20th, 2012, 04:34 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just got back from our cruise and seeing all those yummy drinks made me really crave one! I meant to get a virgin strawberry daquari on the last day of the cruise but I ended up not feeling so great that day so I didn't get one, BUT man, I'm still craving it

April 20th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I had a glass of wine on St. Patrick's Day. I don;t feel guilty aboutit. In other cultures, women drink at least one glass per day and their babies are fine.

April 21st, 2012, 08:16 AM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
I would drink a beer if I wanted it. It doesn't seem that much alchohol to me. Or half a bottle. I sometimes cook with wine or beer and I drink a small glass or just for taste, I never say no to anything (except everything that involves raw meat or eggs).

April 21st, 2012, 04:38 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Its funny how times have changed in just a few short years. now they preach NO alcohol while when I was pregnant with DD2 (just 3.3 short years ago) I was TOLD to drink half a glass of lager beer for heart burn instead of Tums or an antacid. the idea being the hops neutralizes the stomach acid and you're body metabolizes the alcohol faster than it can get to the baby and Tums/antacids have much more chemical components. and I was TOLD to drink half a glass of wine when I was having a lot of uterine contractions (I had in irritable uterus in the 3rd tri) to help relax my body. If after half a glass of wine and a warm bath I was still contracting then it was time to go in I never heard anything about lunch meat or caffeine or not dying your hair or getting your nails done etc. It's amazing how these 'recommendations' have changed over the years!!

, ,,,,,,

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search