Intensity of kicks for boys vs girls?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Super Mommy
I have barely felt this baby. I have felt it a handful of times and its so light like barely a flutter. With all 3 boys I felt their kicks early and frequent and by this time (18 weeks) DH could feel them kicking too. I'm wondering if this could be a sign that it's a girl or am I just thinking of reasons as to why this could be a girl LOL. 8 more days!!!!

April 16th, 2012, 02:33 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
believe me, I am over analyzing that too! This baby is either la-azy! or not as strong as the boys were, or something!

my bladder was taking quite a beating by this time with both boys!

I hardly feel anything this time around, like once a day or less I get a little flutter.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 16th, 2012, 02:33 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had two girls and two boys and they all kicked the crap out of my insides lol. But my girls weren't delicate little flowers either

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

April 16th, 2012, 02:36 PM
squiligi's Avatar Veteran
I'm having a boy and haven't felt much of anything yet
April 16th, 2012, 02:55 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm having a girl after 3 boys, and she is kicking me just as much and just as early, LOL! She reminds me already of my oldest DS who was super active in the womb. It's really funny when she gets going. I'm guessing she's going to be really active like my oldest. However, I am still hoping you are having a girl!!! I really think their movement just varies from baby to baby and their little personalities more than boy vs girl. Like I said, my oldest is so active and was in the womb. My Middle DS was much less active. I felt more little kicks out of him and more just rolls and stretches when he was bigger in the womb, and he's my most laid back. Youngest DS is in between the two both in the womb and now, LOL. I'm already betting this little girl is going to love moving, running, and the like.

Could just be a very laid-back little girly you've got there, I hope!!!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 16th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm pregnant with our 2nd girl. My first I didn't feel until 22 weeks and it was a while before she was a crazy kicker. This one is a different story. I've been feeling her since 16 weeks and she is always movin' and a shakin'!

April 16th, 2012, 06:06 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My baby girl has been much more quiet than DS was. I felt her really early but sometimes i barely feel her during the day. Yesterday i realized i hadn't felt her all day and it was afternoon. Since i'm feeling consistent movement now i was worried. I did a bunch of stuff to get her to move and still nothing so i whipped out the doppler and thankfully there was her HB right away (so glad i have it for peace of mind!) She seems much more mellow than DS but we'll see if that keeps up.. he was very active!

April 17th, 2012, 09:54 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DD was VERY active in the womb. I felt her early, and she didn't stop. I was always getting kicked, jabbed, and felt like she was playing drums on my ribs. This baby girl though, seems much more mellow. I hardly ever feel her moving, and its usually at night after I have had a cold drink and am laying down in bed that I feel her. I know I was feeling consistent movement/flips/rolls with DD by this time. I think it really does just vary from baby to baby! But I really hope you have a sweet, calm baby girl in there!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 17th, 2012, 12:25 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
This is baby #3 and we just found out its a girl compared to my boys she is kicking softer. But she could just be lazier than they were lol
April 17th, 2012, 03:27 PM
hikermama's Avatar Veteran
I am pregnant with a baby girl and I have not felt may kicks. It seems like by this time my husband could feel my boys but hers are really soft.
April 19th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I have some hope that this is a girl lol. I keep thinking of every reason why it would be. I can't wait to find out. I wont look at baby stuff and I wont even get diapers or talk about names until we find out. Only a few people even know I'm pregnant so I can't wait to be able to share but I would like to have my insane moments of "is it a boy or girl" to myself for now lol. I don't even talk to DH much about the baby because I know I'd be driving him insane right now lol.

April 19th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Super Mommy
My DD was MUCH less active than my boys. Good Luck!
April 19th, 2012, 06:50 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DS (my 1st) was very laid back...didn't feel him until I was almost 6 months along! With DD though I was feeling her at 13 weeks and from the 1st time I felt her she consistantly moved and was very forceful! This time I felt movement super early but just now at almost 18 weeks am starting to feel something every day. I'm thinking this little one will just be more laid back. Hopefully they will sleep as well as DS when he was a baby too!

April 19th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This one is a mixed bag i started to feel things at 15/16 weeks he is a boy I am feeling him every day now and some days I only feel him once or twice and other days it is like i gave him rocket fuel or something i can tell that he is getting stronger and every once in a while he will kick me really really hard and it will almost hurt...

April 20th, 2012, 08:55 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
My 3 boys have all been different from each other From most active to least active I'd say 1st, then 3rd, then 2nd then WAY less than all of them - this pregnancy. Makes me wonder!!!!!!!!!! I hope we both get our girls

April 20th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
every once in a while he will kick me really really hard and it will almost hurt...
I thought I was the only one who was getting kicks strong enough that hurt. Its only one spot, and it's on the high right, but every time he hits me there I gasp. Its him moving, its not a BH or anything I know its him.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search